Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
    ^ Good point

I think it would be a stupid idea to kill him off anyway..i guarantee it would reduce sales...(i don't want to read a book where my favourite character dies)..ok so i'd proabably buy it anyway and so would everyone else..but thats not the point..well actually it is...i don't know would it reduce sales?...for example if RDA wasn't in the movies that would reduce sales but is this the same.....?
    I don't know, you read on the Internet, and it's going to be up minutes after the release mind you, that Voldemort and Harry are dead. Boom, there's the seventh book. Sales go down because everyone's like, okay.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
      Trust me, if she expects to publish more books in any genre, she is NOT going to kill off Harry Potter. Steven King and another major writer had asked her not to kill off her flagship character. I think by killing off Harry Potter, it could affect how people see her books. If she decides to do another series of books, the expectation will be that the character dies. I believe Harry Potter will die, but through some way of his own, will be resurrected, perhaps due to Voldemort's body regaining spell.

That said, I don't know anything of what is to happen in the upcoming books, only that two characters are going to die.
      I don't see why killing off her main character shoudl make publsers not want to pblish any of her books again. Of course, parents would probably be more wary about her children's books, but TBH it already reached that stage about 2 books ago. I'd appreciaet her much more if she remains loyal to her own planning - if, indeed, she planned to kill him.

As for the internet, whatever it is will be up on the internet within a day, so whether it's |"harry lives!" "Harry dies!" "snape... " etc, it doesn't matter.

Sniff>? I dion't want to wait til October!
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I finally saw the preview in theaters for the order of the phoenix!!!!
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

October? No!!! *prays for the 7/31/07 release* that would be cool, cuz that would fall on Harry's birthday
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
            October? No!!! *prays for the 7/31/07 release* that would be cool, cuz that would fall on Harry's birthday
            And Jo's birthday.

Comment

oh so true...and to celebrate Jo's bday
              sigpic

Comment

Hye is the moving coming out on a friday or a wednesday?
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Friday.... Friday, July 13, 2007
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                    Friday.... Friday, July 13, 2007
                    That is just too cool!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Trust me, if she expects to publish more books in any genre, she is NOT going to kill off Harry Potter. Steven King and another major writer had asked her not to kill off her flagship character. I think by killing off Harry Potter, it could affect how people see her books. If she decides to do another series of books, the expectation will be that the character dies. I believe Harry Potter will die, but through some way of his own, will be resurrected, perhaps due to Voldemort's body regaining spell.

That said, I don't know anything of what is to happen in the upcoming books, only that two characters are going to die.
                      No doubt that many people would be seriously angry is she did decide to kill Harry off, but I don't think that would stop her from publishing other books. Whatever happens, I'm sure Harry will end up the hero, so either way...if he dies, he dies saving the wizarding world and gets eternal fame or if he lives he will still be saving the world. I guess at this point Jo would be saying something about us assuming it will all end happily ever after .

I like your idea of Harry being resurrected! So many possibilities....we need Book 7!!!

July 31, 2007 is so close to the OOTP movie release so I'm doubtful too, but it would just be so perfect with it being Harry and Jo's birthday!
                      Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

I am convinced that Harry Potter will die.

JK Rowling has made it no secret that the books will get progressively darker and that other characters will die. Furthermore, in looking at the progression of the story it is a very logical assumption given the very clear connection between Voldermort and Harry. From a thematic standpoint, it would stress the idea that there is no greater sacrifice than to give ones life to save others. Since it is clear that the series is a seven-book story arch. There will be no need for him, per se, to survive as any additional sequels, if pursued could focus on the other characters. It has been established that the dead can return to visit the living, so even if he died he could still be around in the sequels to a limited degree. Furthermore, on the topic of additional books, from a franchise perspective, there are numerous other story arc's to tell such as the founding and early hears of Hogwarts, the rise and initial fall Voldermort ending not to mention the secondary story arcs surrounding Dumbledore, Hagrid, Snape, and Mcgonagall. You could even do a story arc around Hogwarts when the Potters with students along with Snape and Sirius.
                        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

He won't die, but a lot of other people will. It might be more productive to speculate on who won't. Given the aforementioned darkening of the series, it's going to be open season on wizards, or Battle Royale with wands on one big island (Britain) instead of a small one.
                          Spoiler:
                          Battle Royale is a Japanese movie about a bunch of kids that are put on an island, given weapons, and told to kill each other until there's one left standing. It's f***ing awesome!
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

i am actually convinced that there is going to be more than one death...harry and voldie for one and possibly Snape, but i believe if Snape dies, he will die a hero. i also think that snape is going to sit harry down and explain EVERYTHING to him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
                              I am convinced that Harry Potter will die.

JK Rowling has made it no secret that the books will get progressively darker and that other characters will die. Furthermore, in looking at the progression of the story it is a very logical assumption given the very clear connection between Voldermort and Harry. From a thematic standpoint, it would stress the idea that there is no greater sacrifice than to give ones life to save others. Since it is clear that the series is a seven-book story arch. There will be no need for him, per se, to survive as any additional sequels, if pursued could focus on the other characters. It has been established that the dead can return to visit the living, so even if he died he could still be around in the sequels to a limited degree. Furthermore, on the topic of additional books, from a franchise perspective, there are numerous other story arc's to tell such as the founding and early hears of Hogwarts, the rise and initial fall Voldermort ending not to mention the secondary story arcs surrounding Dumbledore, Hagrid, Snape, and Mcgonagall. You could even do a story arc around Hogwarts when the Potters with students along with Snape and Sirius.
                              I like your thinking. Heck, the book could climax with Harry sacrificing himself to save his friends/Hogwarts/The World. He defeats V for good but is mortally wounded in the process. As he lies there dying, his friends surround him. They all say their sorrowful goodbyes. Hermione and Ron on either side of him, both crying, clasphing his hands tightly. Hermione keeps wiping the tears away ordering him to hang on, that he better not die, in all her imperious manner. Hagrid kneels down behind him, also crying, and blows his nose in a giant hanky. Perhaps even Malfoy gives him a grudging bit of respect.

The book would then end. But there would be an epilogue, oh yes. The Epilogue would feature Harry at Hogwarts again, now living there as a ghost. He might even have a more important role than just ghost though. He is also the resident Hero and defense against the dark arts teacher going on some 15 years now. The scene is the welcome banquet and a new class of students has just entered the school for the first time. One of the students in particular catches Harry's attention, the 11 year old son of Ron and Hermione Weasley. He's never seen him before, but he's seen pictures and would recognize the resemblance to his parents instantly.

Comment

Well folks, the news is that although Warner's still haven't confirmed who's directing film 6 - "The Half Blood Prince" - (although personally I'd like to see Ridley Scott take a bash at it), they have confirmed a general release date. Mid0November of 2008.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X