This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry
    The ending wasn't Lynch's fault. Twin Peaks wrapped season two, expecting to go to season 3, hence the cliffhanger ending. ABC canceled the show after all shooting had ended, and never gave Lynch the chance to finish it.

I would like to see Lois and Clark on DVD. To me, Terri Hatcher will always be Lois Lane. Physically, Dean Cain wasn't a prototype Superman (not 6' 4" and a rippling 230 pounds), but acting wise I always liked him as Superman/Clark.
    Lucky you, they are going to release Lois and Clark on June 7th.

Lois and Clark First Season

Comment

I'd like Paramount to release all the seasons of all the Star Trek series without that ungodly stupid MSRP of $125.00+US.

I mean c'mon....I got Stargate SG-1 seasons 1-7 and Smallville seasons 1-3 for about $50 a season. Star Trek wasn't *that* much better (any series) that it's worth 2-2.5 times what most other shows cost.
      Thomas G Sluder
      Smyrna, DE, USA

Comment

Originally posted by TomSluder
        I'd like Paramount to release all the seasons of all the Star Trek series without that ungodly stupid MSRP of $125.00+US.

I mean c'mon....I got Stargate SG-1 seasons 1-7 and Smallville seasons 1-3 for about $50 a season. Star Trek wasn't *that* much better (any series) that it's worth 2-2.5 times what most other shows cost.
        That's aka "Rape and Pillage" economics. As long as ST fans eagerly pay for any and all official merchandise at the asking prices, why should the studio charge less? ST has been a cash cow for Paramount for years. Even if the ST DVD sets are sold at discounted prices, it is still a lot more expensive than any other series. ST is probably the only franchise that can get away with it. Other Paramount properties are priced competitively. Even at conventions, a minor actor or background character that appeared briefly in a ST episode can command $25 an autograph, and you don't even have to stand in line.
        It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
          That's aka "Rape and Pillage" economics. As long as ST fans eagerly pay for any and all official merchandise at the asking prices, why should the studio charge less? ST has been a cash cow for Paramount for years. Even if the ST DVD sets are sold at discounted prices, it is still a lot more expensive than any other series. ST is probably the only franchise that can get away with it. Other Paramount properties are priced competitively. Even at conventions, a minor actor or background character that appeared briefly in a ST episode can command $25 an autograph, and you don't even have to stand in line.
          And as long as they continue with that line of reasoning, they will not get a single dollar from me for DVDs.
          Thomas G Sluder
          Smyrna, DE, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh

Also Earth 2, the concept for that series sounds interesting.
            Just FYI:

Earth 2 DVD set is due out on July 19, 2005:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=4801

Earth 2 - The Complete Series

Release Information:

Studio: Universal Home Video
            Release Type: Complete Series
            Release Date: 7/19/2005
            Number of Discs: 3
            Number of Episodes: 22
            Running Time: 1026 mins
            Retail Price: $49.98 (US$)

Audio/Video Information:

Video: Full Frame (1.33:1)
            Audio: English - Dolby Digital Surround
            Subtitles: English, Spanish, Closed Captioned

Description:

Embark on the quest to find a new home planet for humanity in the year 2192 as the complete sci-fi epic Earth 2 lands on DVD for the first time ever! From the producers of Miami Vice and ER comes the thrilling story of Devon Adair (Debrah Farentino), who is struggling to find a healthy environment for her deathly ill son, Ulysses. Disregarding government orders, she puts together an expedition to found a new civilization on an Earth-like planet 22 light years in the future. But after their ship crash-lands on the wrong side of planet G889, the ?colonists? quickly discover that their new home already has some very strange and hostile inhabitants. Catch DVD-exclusive bonus features and join stellar guest stars including Tim Curry, Virginia Madsen, Terry O?Quinn and more on all 21 groundbreaking episodes of the Emmy-winning series that critics cheered ?soars to new sci-fi heights? (Houston Chronicle)

Features:

None/Unknown

Alterations:

No known alterations for this set.

Last edited by Sci-Fi; 12 May 2005, 10:11 PM.
            It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I'd like to see SeaQuest DSV on DVD. I remember watching it with my dad when it was on TV here ... I remember liking it, but for all I know it could be really crap. I think I just liked the dolphin ...
              I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Sweet, let's hope that Space: AAB isn't far behind. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by MedusA
                  I'd like to see SeaQuest DSV on DVD. I remember watching it with my dad when it was on TV here ... I remember liking it, but for all I know it could be really crap. I think I just liked the dolphin ...
                  I have fond memories of Seaquest as well. I remember loving the Darwin and it had Peter DeLuise in it as well. As Dagwood right?

Man that was ages ago, but I still have vague memories of it. Didn't they used to have segments at the end of the episodes where they talked about marinelife conservation, Peter and Michael had one together and someone was talking about the 'stingray shuffle' or something.

Comment

I don't really remember, I was pretty young. That dude with the gills in his sides was a gun too. I remember when he was trying to escape once and they cut him off.

I have to say Dagwood was a weirdo, he looked like he had hepatitis ... where did he come from anyway? was he an alien or did they find him at the bottom of the ocean?
                    Last edited by MedusA; 12 May 2005, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MedusA
                      I don't really remember, I was pretty young. That dude with the gills in his sides was a gun too. I remember when he was trying to escape once and they cut him off.

I have to say Dagwood was a weirdo, he looked like he had hepatitis ... where did he come from anyway? was he an alien or did they find him at the bottom of the ocean?
                      That would be Michael DeLuise, the guy with gills. And Dagwood, I think he was a type of genetically modified human bred to be some sort of slave class. I think... I can't remember why the had coloured patches of skin though.

Comment

haha, well he was cool. Man, that's a family I'd like to marry into, can you imagine how funny family Christmases would be?

Comment

That would be Michael DeLuise, the guy with gills. And Dagwood, I think he was a type of genetically modified human bred to be some sort of slave class. I think... I can't remember why the had coloured patches of skin though.
                          I can't remember, specifically, I think the calico/camo skin was partly to identify him as a Dagger and... was it a military thing? Save money on camoflage make-up?

Comment

Lucky you, they are going to release Lois and Clark on June 7th.

Lois and Clark First Season
                            Thanks for the heads up!! It's even affordable, priced at $41.88 at Amazon.
                            Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                            O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                            O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

They've been playing Seaquest on the Space channel for the past while. I remember watching it years ago. It was good for so long then they had aliens and stuff...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I used to like The Lost World.

Comment

Working...
                                X