Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    I actually thought Buffy and Angel were pretty decent shows. And the WB gave us Smallville and now Supernatural. Two shows that thankfully will live on with the new channel, the CW.
    The WB was responsible for Smallville? *cough* People know what I think of that show.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      The WB was responsible for Smallville? *cough* People know what I think of that show.....
      Oh, I didn't. But I think I do now.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh, I didn't. But I think I do now.
        I blasted it in The Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy show tourney thread.....it got one the larger font sizes (in bold) for the kick out on the first round.....*cringes again*

Comment

That's cool.

Quick question. Will the CW be on the channel UPN was on, or WB?
          Thanks to the Ask Matt column on TV Guide Online, I found the answer!

Go to the CW website:

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-affiliates.html

Click on your state, and it will tell you which channel will be carrying the CW.]

In N. Calif, it appears that the UPN stations will be the new CW stations.

So...what happens to the old WB stations?

According to our local WB site, KQCA-TV, they will pick up programming from Hearst-Argyle Television. They're also a sister station to our local NBC affiliate, KCRA.

(When KQCA first premiered back in 1985, they were an independent station that played mainly REALLY old movies, and had a very weak signal strength. Now, they're one of the major station in the Sacramento market.)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Everything is up to the local affiliates. The networks pay the local affiliates to show their programs. The local affiliates can refuse to show certain programs if they want.

Comment

Maybe they'll realize those shows rock and let Joss start a new show in the Buffy universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                Maybe they'll realize those shows rock and let Joss start a new show in the Buffy universe.
                They should pick up the Firefly verse, but I wouldn't say no to anything done by Joss.

Sadly, it probably won't happen.

Comment

Anything Joss-related will interest me.
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                    Hopefully not, IMO. Those shows were....beyond lousy.

Since we're on the Whedon subject though, I wouldn't be averse to him being allowed to resurrect Firefly.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just want a new Joss show, whether something in a previous verse or completly new.....he knows how to put together a great story.....

Comment

I gather this is a "real thing" but can't seem to dig up a date for the first issue. Anyone heard anything?
                        Frak! --Apollo
                        Frak you. --Cain
                        FRAK Me! --Kat
                        frakwit! --Tyrol
                        B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Late this year is as close to a date as we have been given so far, and yes, you're right in the assumption that its the real thing.
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Buffy is one of my top three favorite shows that i have ever watched. Twenty Four, Stargate and Buffy being my top 3. Now although i have watched every Buffy episode at least twice i have never seen an episode of Angel. My question is, is it a good show? The reason im asking is becuase i was thinking of buying all 5 seasons on dvd. Also how many appearances does sarah michelle gellar make in the whole Angel series like i dont need an exact number but around abouts. Thanks

Comment

In short, YES, Angel is good. Just as good as Buffy. In some cases, even better.

SMG makes a couple of appearances, but Faith makes more (and more interesting ones). Also, others who come over from BtVS for some appearances (that i can remember) include Willow, Spike, Cordelia and Wesley Wyndham Price.

My advice to you is that you would NOT be wasting your money buying all 5 seasons. Buffy Season 3, Angel season 2, first half of angel season 4, second half of angel season 5, and buffy season 7 are my favourites out of all the episodes, and in my opinion, are roughly on par quality wise.

Cheers
                              Aussie

Comment

you can count Buffy's appearances on one hand

and both episodes where in season 1

Comment

Working...
                                X