• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love watching How Its Made Thanks
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
      I may give those a try later, but once the residue is washed off, they are pretty good.
      But that be talc, the lil babies have just got out the bath
      sigpic

Comment

You know, for all the times I've had them, that never once even occurred to me
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That will be forever your first thought when ya eat one now You can thank me later
          sigpic

Comment

I'm from USA and I prefer Jelly Babies to the American gummy bears. Granted, I've only had Jelly Babies a couple of times, once when I actually visited London I made sure I got a bag from a corner store. It's all a matter of individual taste and stickyness... gummy bears tend to stick to my teeth much more and Jelly Babies are softer and easier to chew, imo.

How often have Jelly Babies been seen or mentioned in the new series? The only time that I can remember (off the bat) is when Harold Saxon (aka the Master) offered one to his wife, Lucy, in the Sound of Drums. Any other times?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              I'm from USA and I prefer Jelly Babies to the American gummy bears. Granted, I've only had Jelly Babies a couple of times, once when I actually visited London I made sure I got a bag from a corner store. It's all a matter of individual taste and stickyness... gummy bears tend to stick to my teeth much more and Jelly Babies are softer and easier to chew, imo.

How often have Jelly Babies been seen or mentioned in the new series? The only time that I can remember (off the bat) is when Harold Saxon (aka the Master) offered one to his wife, Lucy, in the Sound of Drums. Any other times?
              The 12th Doctor offered someone jelly babies from a cigarette case in Mummy On The Orient Express. That's all I can think of.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                I love watching How Its Made Thanks
                I love it too, one thing they didn't mention is that the mineral oil also is used to prevent them sticking to the package and to each other, I can't remember where I read that, but I think it was on a package of gummy bears, I think.

Comment

The_Doctor_offering_jelly_babies.jpg
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

just a bit of advice, peanut butter and jelly babies don't mix, all you can taste is the peanut butter.

Comment

*slaps him up side of head* Ewww, just ewww, dont do that

sigpic

Comment

*slaps him up side of head* Ewww, just ewww, dont do that

well, I thought I would give it a try, after all, peanut butter and JELLY is good, so...but, no.

Comment

Yeah but American jelly is, i think, what we call jam, is it not?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah but American jelly is, i think, what we call jam, is it not?
                            That's interesting... Growing up (my mum's family is English to the core) "PB&J" always meant peanut butter and jam (for clarity's sake, jam = fruit spread of similar consistency to mama lads). I've always took it as read that that's what Americans mean when they say "jelly."

Are you blowing up my world? Are jam and jelly not the same thing?
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not here they arnt
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_preserves
                              https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly
                              sigpic

Comment

That's Jello, you strange foreign type

Comment

Working...
                                X