No announcement yet.

Jelly Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trivia Question.. Which Story/Episode did Jelly Babies make their FIRST Apperance in Classic WHO?

And if you Google it. All you get is Custard Fish Sticks that have been left out in the sun for 3 days.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

my dear fellow, I believe the closest you can get is the tardis data core.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Jelly_baby

you all have got to see the pics that came up when I googled jelly and doctor who, they are amazing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jell...w=1024&bih=628

Comment

well they came much faster than they said, but I must admit, I was a little disappointed, I was expecting something like a gummy bear, but it isn't, they come with a coating of cornstarch, that gives them a strange taste, they need to get rid of that, it would taste much better if you rinsed them a bit, or at least put them in a strainer and shook them around a bit to remove some the corn starch, gummies here in the states are coated with a mineral oil to keep them from sticking together, they are MUCH softer, sort of like a marshmallow, which isn't that bad, but they don't last as long when you suck on them, they used natural flavorings, which was ok, all in all, while not as great as the gummy bear, I would give it a second place.

Comment

They were first consumed by the second Doctor

Here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly_Babies

I think they taste quite nice, but it has been a while since i have had some, perhaps try another brand
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they're not changing a popular, 130-odd year old recipe just because you think they don't taste enough like Gummi Bears
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

First time I hear about someone sucking on gummy bears.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

...yeah I thought that was a little odd too.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post

They were first consumed by the second Doctor

Here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly_Babies

I think they taste quite nice, but it has been a while since i have had some, perhaps try another brand
                  Oh Nice Article... IT is talking about Candy and Pop Culture and it HAD TO TOSS IN A DIABETES Comment.

Way to be a BUZZKILL Pooks!!!!!!!
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Yeah, they're not changing a popular, 130-odd year old recipe just because you think they don't taste enough like Gummi Bears
                    ok, I admit I was going down the wrong side of the street, I was too focused on gummy bears to see through them, but , when I washed off the corn starch, they tasted better, like jelly beans, only not as hard, but just as tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      First time I hear about someone sucking on gummy bears.
                      it may sound strange, but , they last much longer that way and you can stretch your supply a long while.

Comment

Try Allens or Starburst ones, they won't be the same UK recipe, but you might like them more, they are more like gummy bears.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          Oh Nice Article... IT is talking about Candy and Pop Culture and it HAD TO TOSS IN A DIABETES Comment.

Way to be a BUZZKILL Pooks!!!!!!!
                          *splats him* hold on, that means i get covered in you, i take that back I didnt write it ya know
                          sigpic

Comment

To late. Once ya got the SPLATS..You are SPLATTED!
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

well I thought I would show just how jellies are made, they seem to follow the same technique as the gummy worms are made, but they leave off one step.

if you want to jump right to the spot, start at 1:58

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Try Allens or Starburst ones, they won't be the same UK recipe, but you might like them more, they are more like gummy bears.
                                I may give those a try later, but once the residue is washed off, they are pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X