This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    I suspect that is the way it will go. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't most of the people cast as the Doctor been relatively unknown at the time? I think Peter Davison and Chris Eccleston have been the most high profile actors to get the part.

Really my only requirements for a new Doctor is that they can act, and that they can run.
    I think your right about Peter and Chris, but I think that Bill Hartnell, Jon Pertwee, and Paul McGann were relatively high profile too.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      I don't understand why people want a female doctor so badly...Why mess with it that much?

The Doctor is fine as a male...It would be exceptionally weird for him to switch genders.
      Why?

What difference would it really make? What is it about the character of the Doctor that is inherently masculine?

I mean fine, I agree the writers could easily get it wrong. (ooh, she a woman now and therefore emotional, blah, blah.) But if they just wrote the same Doctor Who adventures they always have it should matter a bit who they cast in the role. Man, woman, black, white, anything.

The only real reservation I would have is that it should be a british actor fo a british show, made in britain.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Well it's early days yet.
        I for one am going to be patient and wait. It's all we can do.

I can remember when Matt was picked... And it was a case of... Matt Who?

Here's a prediction... Who ever they pick to play the 12th Doctor... Marmite springs to mind... We'll either love them or hate them...
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

The one thing I really, really hope is that Steven Moffat makes Matt's leaving punchier than Russell T. Davis made David's. The Doctor's tenth regeneration in The End of Time was sooooo milked and dragged out with visits to former companions and friends that it could easily have been another episode in itself.

I want the Doctor's eleventh regeneration to happen immediately after he's saved the universe or saved someone just as it was with the Doctor's fourth, fifth, and ninth regenerations. I don't want it milked out over many, many, MANY minutes later so he can have time to visit everybody. He should have time to tell Clara its okay and that's it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I totally agree Alan. The tenth Doctor's regeneration was far too self indulgent and self congratulatory IMO. All the visiting of his past companions was ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

Something that I will miss that we won't probably get is the amazed reaction of the companion to the regeneration. Clara knows that the Doctor regenerates, so that element of surprise won't be there unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Eight or nine months? Geez, what's with the ridiculous shooting schedule for a 13 episode season?
              Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              In my book this has long been the one sign that Doctor who is behind the scene a poorly run show with either producers or the show runner simply unable to create and efficient way to produce Doctor who
              I don't know if that kind of schedule is that unusual for a high profile BBC drama - the third series of Luther just took 2-3 months filming and that's only four hour-long episodes. I'd guess it needs less pre- and post-production than something like Doctor Who too.

Comment

I totally agree Alan. The tenth Doctor's regeneration was far too self indulgent and self congratulatory IMO. All the visiting of his past companions was ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

Something that I will miss that we won't probably get is the amazed reaction of the companion to the regeneration. Clara knows that the Doctor regenerates, so that element of surprise won't be there unfortunately.
                Isnt the Clara travelling with the Doctor Clara #1, so she wouldnt have seen this stuff, unless in the 50th Annversary?

Also, Im loving the stuff the papers are saying now about only one more regeneration and their next Doctor speculation...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/next-doctor...male-50179.htm

Comment

Some key words you used in there, Blen regarding the tenth regeneration and I completely with their use in this context.

As for the surprise, well maybe Clara loses her memory in the 50th anniversary movie? I dunno. It will certainly be interesting to see how she copes with it but I dare say it might be along the lines of how Sarah Jane handled the Doctor's third regeneration.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Isnt the Clara travelling with the Doctor Clara #1, so she wouldnt have seen this stuff, unless in the 50th Annversary?

Also, Im loving the stuff the papers are saying now about only one more regeneration and their next Doctor speculation...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/next-doctor...male-50179.htm
                  I believe that the version of Clara that's been travelling with the Doctor since The Bells of Saint John is the original.

Comment

Corr, even Billie Pipers being thrown into the mix...

Comment

I suspect that is the way it will go. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't most of the people cast as the Doctor been relatively unknown at the time? I think Peter Davison and Chris Eccleston have been the most high profile actors to get the part.

Really my only requirements for a new Doctor is that they can act, and that they can run.
                      I agree, as long as the can act & run!

I would love there to be a female doctor - I'd love it to be Amanda Tapping. I know that is incredibly unlikely and perhaps not at all appropriate. Just 'if' there was to be a female Doctor, she would be cool.

I'm thinking if it's going to be a 'known' actor it'll be Hugh Laurie. But I have a suspicion that it will be someone that has appeared on TV doing small roles. I am not convinced that it'll be someone we will all recognise though.

As sad as I am about Matt leaving, I'm also really intrigued/excited about who the next Doctor will be.
                      Sweet lavender sky ~ pastels parading slowly ~ twilight slowly falls

Comment

I liked Tapping in SG1, but watching her in Supernatural this year, I was really cold on her... Felt like she couldn't act her way out of a cardboard box... And as far fetched as Supernatural has become, it's no excuse for poor acting...

I know people have raved about Smith's performance (and occasionally I've seen something), but I really want an experienced, strong actor...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Stephen Mangan has apparently tweeted a picture of himself wearing a scarf with the words 'Who are you?', but I think that's more likely to be a joke and will probably mean he won't be playing the Doctor.

Here's a possibly controversial choice - if, and I stress if the next Doctor isn't played by a Brit... how about Alan Tudyk? He's one of the few non-British actors I'd like to see in the role.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

He needs to be a Brit, I don't want to deal with the backlash at Americans if he's one of us.
                            sigpic

Comment

Whoever it is, I do hope we get a proper announcement of the identity of the next Doctor some time soonish. I'd hate for them to try to keep it secret until Christmas, and of course you can guarantee it would be leaked. Then you would have all the annoyance of trying to avoid spoilers.

Comment

No one thinking it'll be Hurt?
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X