Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I still love that one. Somehow, I can so see them waltzing through time and space. Twelve just seems to have that sort of panache
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I hope we get at least one tender moment between them. I know TPTB want to give us tension and angst, but I hope they let some of the love spark show.
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

They have to!!!

Big Finish have released the cover art for The Diary of River Song. It is so beautiful!!

Click for bigger.

Comment

Hello,

Maybe this is something you want to check out? Inkitt has a Fanfiction writing contest going on. It's for full length novels only, but previously published works are also accepted. I've entered my Doctor Who 'Library Fix' story The Doctor and the Shadows. The contest works on the number of hearts (likes) each story gets - I was hoping you could spare a few moments to check out my story on Inkitt and give it a heart if you think it's worthy. Voting ends on 21st October.

Here are the details: http://www.inkitt.com/stories/29322
            Summary: River Song perished in The Library the day The Doctor met her ... or did she? He's a Time Lord with all of space and time at his disposal. Is it really that hard to believe he could do better?

Thank you!
            Cheers from ShaViva

PS> Not sure why I haven't visited the River/Doctor ship thread before (ever or a least long enough ago I don't recall visiting) - it pleases me so much to see people still talking about River and the Doctor and I saw Blencathra's post about a Big Finish audio thing which I so want to listen to that I never knew about! So I just wanted to add, thank you for being here!!
            Last edited by ShaViva; 13 October 2015, 03:10 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Glad you are here Sha. Welcome!!

I will certainly check out your story & give you a little heart. I'll save it & read it tonight in bed. Nika on the Doc & Wildman thread has a story on Inkitt as well.

As for Doom Coalition 1...

Spoiler:
              well I'm a little disappointed. I wasn't anticipating River being in Doom Coalition 1. But then Big Finish tweeted back in September that she would have a cameo - https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/645176337293017089

Doom Coalition chat from David Richardson. 5 Disc box set out in October, with Paul McGann, cameos from 7th Doctor and River Song ... #bfd7
              So I got all excited about it. I listened to Doom Coalition last night and... no River. She isn't in it. I just wish Big Finish hadn't tweeted that she was. I wouldn't have been disappointed then.

So now I'm going to have to wait until January for The Diary of River Song and until March for Doom Coalition 2.

Oh well. We have River on TV before then.

Comment

Hey, Sha! I went and Hearted it as well. I'll get to reading it soonish. Of course, I'm still working on one you wrote 2 1/2 years ago. So we'll see if I get a chance. Is it on ff.net as well so I can read it there if I lose it on my computer?

Blenca, bummer that River wasn't in the story. Can't wait to see her on tv though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  Glad you are here Sha. Welcome!!

I will certainly check out your story & give you a little heart. I'll save it & read it tonight in bed. Nika on the Doc & Wildman thread has a story on Inkitt as well.
                  Thanks Blen Its a little hard to search for stories on Inkitt but I'll see if I can find Nika's (Nika Dixon on ff.net?). I'm finding out all sorts of things here, like that River is going to be back on tv - cool!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Hey, Sha! I went and Hearted it as well. I'll get to reading it soonish. Of course, I'm still working on one you wrote 2 1/2 years ago. So we'll see if I get a chance. Is it on ff.net as well so I can read it there if I lose it on my computer?

Blenca, bummer that River wasn't in the story. Can't wait to see her on tv though.
                  Thanks Ever My story on Inkitt is the same story of old - it's probably the fanfic story I'm most proud of so that's the one I went with for Inkitt It is on ff.net still ... I don't get on that site as much as I used to; its good to have that one place for all the stories.

Cheers
                  sigpic

Comment

It's looking like River might be making it into the Titan comics range.

This is from Will Brooks (artist) facebook.

Click for bigger.

https://www.facebook.com/WillBrooksF...5&pagefilter=3

Comment

Quote from Steven Moffat, from The Observer - http://observer.com/2015/10/steven-m...ed-doctor-who/.

We’ve shot that one with the 12th Doctor. That’s been a riot to do. And that’s been sort of a big fun chase episode, really. Just Mr. and Mrs. Who battling their way past nonsense and that’s been great fun. They’re lovely together, they are. Alex [Kingston] is always great value. It’s time we saw her back being a kick ass hero instead of playing mums and sisters and all that. It’s a waste of her.
                      I'm really looking forward to Christmas.
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 28 October 2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Another quote from Steven Moffat about River.

This has been translated into Italian and back again - hope it's accurate.

River, in fact, was born by chance. In the Library episode, I had to justify the fact that the archaeological team could meet the Doctor and then very quickly get out of his life. Then I began to think: what if one of them already knew the Doctor? But it would be a coincidence too trivial. Then I created the character of River, after reading The Time Traveler’s Wife. This novel has helped me to develop the woman who knows the Doctor more than he knows himself. Do not despair, Mr. & Mrs. Who will return to action this Christmas!
                        http://osservatoreseriale.it/doctor-...-fan-italiani/

Comment

Love it!
                          sigpic

Comment

The ladies on Tumblr have tracked down the dress that River will be wearing in the Christmas Special.

This one.

It's from House of Fraser £110 - http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Untol...fa23a1c41cef6d

But look at it!

A thigh high split and a low back. She's going to look fabulous!

Comment

It's gorgeous!
                              sigpic

Comment

I think 12 is going to be pretty stunned when she turns up in that!

Comment

Working...
                                X