Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody on Tumblr posted this from a panel with Alex & Matt.

(Question was ‘are goodbyes hard?’)

Matt: (looks at Alex) Oh it’s always hard when it comes to you.
    Alex: (misses the innuendo) Oh darling.
    Matt: (laughing his ass off)
    Alex: (suddenly realises and starts laughing like she’s super embarrassed)

Things pretty much went to hell after that
    Those two!

Comment

Those pics with the kola are so cute. Matt and Alex are cute!

Comment

Totally adorable.

A teaser from Alex.

Question - Do you think there’s a possibility of River Song meeting Capaldi’s Twelfth Doctor?

Alex - All I can say is spoilers. But I will say the sonic screwdriver that I had in Silence of the Library, which had been given to me by the Doctor, is not a sonic screwdriver that has been seen yet.

Comment

An article in the Radio Times

Russell T Davies told Steven Moffat to bring back River Song: 'Capaldi and Kingston is a sex storm!'

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...is-a-sex-storm

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has “not ruled out” the possibility of a return for River Song, although he admits he has reservations about any character spending too long with the Time Lord.

“It entirely depends on whether we've got a good story," said Moffat. "It's certainly not ruled out. I have a sort of worry about keeping anybody around in the Doctor's life for too long. Because he's the Man who Leaves. He's the man who outlives everybody: that's his story. In the end it's the boy in his box, and he's alone.

“In the end if we had a great story, we'd do it.”

One man who seems extremely keen to see Alex Kingston’s sassy Ms Song opposite Peter Capaldi’s irascible Twelfth Doctor is Moffat’s predecessor Russell T Davies, who apparently told him their encounter would be “a sex storm”.

Could he perhaps be the one to script the such a meeting? Only with a lot of editing, jokes Moffat, referring to Davies’s recent, rather risqué, Channel 4 drama Cucumber.

"I mentioned in passing to Russell that we were probably done with River,” Moffat told interviewer Jaci Stephens during a Bafta talk in New York earlier this month. “He said, 'You can't be done with River! No, no, no. Capaldi and Kingston, it's a sex storm!'

“So if you see an episode called Sex Storm by Russell T Davies in his post-Cucumber years... [there will be] lots of editing from me saying ‘We really can't do that, you've forgotten which show this is….’"

River Song died saving the Tenth Doctor in series-four episode Forest of the Dead but reappeared at various points in time in subsequent adventures. She was last seen as a digitally preserved consciousness that apparently bid a final farewell to the Eleventh Doctor in series seven finale The Name of the Doctor.

But as Moffat is fond of reminding us, this is Doctor Who, a show about time travel – anything can happen...

Series nine of Doctor Who is expected on BBC1 this autumn

Comment

SO MUCH POTENTIAL for a Doctor/River vid:

sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

River Song with the 8th Doctor in Doom Coalition 2 & box set of her own!!!

More New Series Doctor Who from Big Finish

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/bf27june

Big Finish is proud to announce a new range of boxsets, featuring heroes and monsters from the New Series of Doctor Who.

Leading this new wave of adventures is Alex Kingston as River Song, the beloved Time Lord archaeologist who first appeared in 2008's Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.

River will be stepping into the era of the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann) for Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 2, alongside Liv Chenka (Nicola Walker) and Helen Sinclair (Hattie Morahan). But how can River help her husband if, in this incarnation, she must never actually meet him?

The idea of River meeting previous Doctors was actually proposed by Steven Moffat,” says producer David Richardson, “and it's just irresistible, isn't it? Alex embraced the idea of returning to the role, and so she will be starring in no less than two box sets next year. And yes, we are still pinching ourselves!”

River will then return later in 2016 in Doctor Who: The Diary of River Song, an epic four-hour adventure that takes River across space and time, seeking out the secret rulers of the universe. Paul McGann will reprise the role of the Eighth Doctor in the final instalment.

The New Series adventures will continue in Doctor Who: The Churchill Years, in which Ian McNeice returns as the indomitable Winston Churchill. In the four-hour saga, Winston relates a number of encounters with the Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Doctors in his memoirs, battling alien incursions, metamorphosing creatures... and a Dalek! The stories are told by Ian McNeice, supported by a full cast of guest actors, including Danny Horn as Kazran Sardick, in a story taking place within the 2010 special A Christmas Carol.

“Ian has played Churchill in just four episode on TV, and yet it feels like it was many more,” says executive producer Nicholas Briggs. “It was such a brilliant, definitive performance, and how wonderful that we will be continuing Churchill's adventures with the Doctor on audio.”

Finally, the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors will face a new generation of monsters in Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters, a brand new, four-story run featuring creatures from the New Series. Peter Davison takes on the Weeping Angels, Colin Baker encounters the Judoon, Sylvester McCoy will meet the Sycorax... and Paul McGann will face a new clone batch of Sontarans on the edge of the Time War....

“It's the ultimate mash-up,” says executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery, “and we have some great scripts lined up for these landmark stories. There is no doubt that 2016 is going to be a brilliant year for Big Finish!”

All four boxsets will be released across 2016, and are available to pre-order today from the Big Finish website. Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 2 will be released in February, and is available as part of a special bundle of all four Doom Coalition boxsets.

Doctor Who: The Diary of River Song, Doctor Who: The Churchill Years and Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters can be pre-ordered for just £20 each on CD or Download, and are also available as part of our Doctor Who New Series bundle.

___

OMG!!!! I can't believe it!! I'm a huge fan of Big Finish. They do wonderful stories and to have River and the Eighth Doctor actually meet!!!!

Where's my manip?!! Aha! Here it is.

Last edited by Blencathra; 27 June 2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Some images from Big Finish. Click for bigness.

Comment

Well that's that pre-ordered!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...1313?range=113

Trying to pre-order this one & the website has crashed!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...alition-2-1222
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 27 June 2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

And digging this out again.

Comment

Ok, so color the American confused. Are these books? Audio books? Alternate character TV shows along side canon? Sounds awesome, don't get me wrong. But I don't know what it is.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

My understanding it that Doom Coalition will be like the Big Finish previous production Dark Eyes, so that is four episodes, each an hour long, in a box set. There will be four box sets so that will be 16 episodes in total. They are full cast audio drama - all the parts acted, music, special effects etc. Just like watching a TV episode with your eyes closed.

Here's a trailer for Dark Eyes to give an idea of what they are like.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/po...ark-eyes-2-978

Now with The Diary of River Song they haven't made it clear if it is full cast drama or if it will be like The Companion Chronicles, which have bits that are spoken to us by the character, together with bits that are acted drama.

For example, this is Jo Grant in Ghost in the Machine.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/po...he-machine-755

All Big Finish productions are now definitely canon. They make absolutely excellent audio drama. Just as good as the TV episodes.

BTW if you fancy buying one, don't wait until after they have been released as the price will double. Still you have a while to think about it as Doom Coalition 2 doesn't come out until May 2016 and The Diary of River Song is out sometime in 2016 as well.

I'm so excited about these. River can meet all the previous Doctors!

And I had a thought. Big Finish are also making Torchwood episodes. River might finally get to meet Jack Harkness as well!
                        Last edited by Blencathra; 27 June 2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Sounds awesome
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Indeed it does!

More news from Big Finish

Doctor Who New Series Audio Update

Further to yesterday's exciting launch of our latest New Series Doctor Who adventures, we can confirm earlier release dates for River Song's Big Finish debut stories.

It can now be revealed that Doctor Who: The Diary of River Song, which had a mysterious release date of 'TBA' up until this morning, is to be released in January 2016.Only six months away! (Naturally, we know you can work that out for yourself, we're just a bit over-excited about it all.)

Also, the Eighth Doctor box set Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 2, can now be confirmed for a March 2016 release, brought forward from May.

The bottom line is that you'll be getting to hear River Song in Big Finish audio action a lot sooner than you might have been expecting.

You can hear more about these and other New Series Doctor Who releases in the latest Big Finish Podcast.

Doctor Who: The Diary of River Song

An epic four-hour adventure that takes River Song across space and time, seeking out the secret rulers of the universe.

Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 2

The Doctor’s past is catching up with him. And so is his future… As a dark chapter dawns for the universe, a friend is at hand. But how can River Song help the Doctor if she can’t meet him?

Comment

I have a few really large pics of the Big Finish artwork if anyone wants them to use as backgrounds etc.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/513/1...f2c1eb54_o.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/322/1...d9071383_o.jpg

This is The Diary of River Song but I don't think it's the final artwork, probably just a placeholder.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/560/1...5fb4b08a_o.jpg

Comment

Excellent! I hope they release a pic or two of them recording.

Comment

Working...
                                X