Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Christmas 2010 Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers for ALL of Series 5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Katherine Jenkins did a good job and has a really nice voice. Loved the Xmas special, very different to what we usually get but very welcomed.

Comment

I loved the Christmas Special, I preferred it over the suspected mummy on the space orient express BS.

Spoiler:
      I did find it hilarious that the lie the psychic paper couldn't cover was making the Doctor a responible adult

I still don't understand the time travel rules now. After the conculsion of the Tennant version and the closure of the void, the Doctor now appears to be able to cross his own timeline. He can directly cross his timeline and change the timeline. Tennant was not able to do this, it was like a rule or something.

I liked the preview for next season. It seemed darker and more brooding, which is brilliant as these writers can write some clever stuff and make it terrifying at the same time (the angels....). I'm not sure I like the Doctor coming to America though, being from America it just doesn't fit here. The preview made it seem like most of the season would be in America and that just doesn't sit well. Doctor Who is a British show and to be perfectly honest it does allow me to see parts of Europe as I doubt I ever get to travel there.

Spoiler:
      Area 51 should be cool though, lots of good Doctor stuff can occur there.

Comment

I still don't understand the time travel rules now. After the conculsion of the Tennant version and the closure of the void, the Doctor now appears to be able to cross his own timeline. He can directly cross his timeline and change the timeline. Tennant was not able to do this, it was like a rule or something.
        The Doctor didn't cross his own timeline because there were never two of him. He'd do Christmas, go forward a year, do Christmas again, go forward a year and so on. Even when Rose met her younger self, it didn't create a paradox (saving her dad did, as this caused the past timelime watching to vanish and changed the future), although touching did make it worse but I don't recall young/old Scrooge touching.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
          I loved the Christmas Special, I preferred it over the suspected mummy on the space orient express BS.

Spoiler:
          I did find it hilarious that the lie the psychic paper couldn't cover was making the Doctor a responible adult

I liked the preview for next season. It seemed darker and more brooding, which is brilliant as these writers can write some clever stuff and make it terrifying at the same time (the angels....). I'm not sure I like the Doctor coming to America though, being from America it just doesn't fit here. The preview made it seem like most of the season would be in America and that just doesn't sit well. Doctor Who is a British show and to be perfectly honest it does allow me to see parts of Europe as I doubt I ever get to travel there.

Spoiler:
          Area 51 should be cool though, lots of good Doctor stuff can occur there.
          The Doctor has been to the US before. It's no big deal, and I think it's just the way the trailer was edited. Bare in mind that it will only be half of the series as well...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The trailer was only showing how many episodes have been filmed at this point, they have yet to wrap on this portion of the season, short as it is

Comment

Haven't seen the Christmas special yet, sounds like it was great! I'll be inviting myself over to a friend who has BBC America!

Comment

I like it. Though interesting that this time around it was actually about Christmas more so then the last specials. I do miss Tenth's adventure happy go lucky aspect of the show though...but the touchy feely thing is still good.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Finally caught this on a replay tonight during the BBC America Doctor Who marathon. It was pretty good. I love the humor in this incarnation- it fits my sense of humor perfectly.

"She phoned a chapel... this is happening RIGHT NOW!"

Comment

Working...
                  X