Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Christmas 2010 Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers for ALL of Series 5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been confirmed that the BAFTA-winning Sir Michael Gambon and Welsh star Katherine Jenkins are playing major roles in the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas Special.

The adventure will star Matt Smith as the Doctor, alongside Karen Gillan as Amy and Arthur Darvill as Rory. They'll be joined by, amongst others, Michael Gambon, one of the industry's most respected actors who has starred in TV classics such as The Singing Detective and Longitude as well as Academy Award-winning films including Gosford Park and Sleepy Hollow. Recently he has become popular with a new generation, right across the world as Professor Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies.

Katherine Jenkins also stars in the special. She's currently best known as a mezzo-soprano and is one of the world's most successful classical singers. 'I'm over the moon to be involved in the Doctor Who Christmas Special!' Katherine said. 'I can't quite believe it as it's a part of the family tradition at the Jenkins household. I heard the news that I got the role on my 30th birthday and it was the best birthday present ever!'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...Stars_Revealed
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Apparently they are doing Christmas Carol, interesting.

Do you reckon we're going to be dealing with Doctors past, present & future, Companions past, present and future, or just ghosts that have no relation to the Doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        Apparently they are doing Christmas Carol, interesting.

Do you reckon we're going to be dealing with Doctors past, present & future, Companions past, present and future, or just ghosts that have no relation to the Doctor?
        the ghost's are haunting someone else and the doctor will try to help.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

... But the Ghosts are GOOD.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Moffat's writing them. I'd imagine they'll be bad with a side of pants-wetting fear for the kiddies.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

maybe the ghosts seek out the doctor for help.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I could imagine Gambon adopting the Scrooge persona, and Jenkins portraying some kind of adorable ghost of christmas present/past/future . . . I bet it'll be kinda reminiscent of The Unquiet Dead.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

They are just pretending to be good so they can get into your bank account.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks alot for sharing!!
                    I have heard one special news that the filming for this episode was started in mid of July. OMG!! this proves how hard they are working to make this Doctor Who Christmas Special Episode 2010 so special.

I think it's upcoming series 6 will be more interesting. And Curiously waiting for this..

Comment

I'm watching the 2010 Christmas Special right now and I'd say it's better than most of the Tennant specials.

sigpic

Comment

Well, just finished the special...freakin' awesome. And as for the Series 6 trailer...wow.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by sealurk View Post
                          well, just finished the special...freakin' awesome. And as for the series 6 trailer...wow.
                          Spoiler:
                          area 51!!!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

A very magical Christmas escapade with a brilliant use of wibbly wobbly. No clear antagonist to be found in this story, unless you count

Spoiler:
                            the father

But it's a charming tale of romance, embitterness, and redemption, I loved it.

"Marylyn...get your coat"

Comment

Seeing as my first post seems to have disappreared. I'll say it again
                              Brilliant, the best xmas episode ever, the only thing spoiling it was Katherine Jenkins, the word I'm looking for is "Why?"

Series 6 is looking awsome

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                Seeing as my first post seems to have disappreared. I'll say it again
                                Brilliant, the best xmas episode ever, the only thing spoiling it was Katherine Jenkins, the word I'm looking for is "Why?"

Series 6 is looking awsome
                                I have to agree that it was one of the best Christmas episodes.
                                And as for Katherine Jenkins I thought she was a nice addition to the episode.
                                I don't think I've seen the season 6 tailer. At least not yet.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X