Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karen Gillan Appreciation/Thunk/WOW Thread (11th Doctor Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    Are we talking here about Catherine Tate or about Rose Tyler?
    In this case, both.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      As in you feel more like listening to waht she has to say, Foley, and less likely to throw your shoe at the tv in a vain attempt to shut her up....
      Hey, I am more interested in what Amy has to say indeed, but I have never felt like throwing a shoe at the marveolous Donna Noble.....
      Or Rose either.

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
      Get your Lifesize Karen Gillan!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FAN-PACK-LIF...d_sim_sbs_kh_1

( lol'd)
      *snort* Uh huh. Not perniciousness at all

Comment

Foley, Foley......Donna Noble was grating, dumb, loudmouthed, vile and contemptious. Thanks God for Karen
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

i hate to agree with Stew...erm, Garrowan5th, but he's right. Karen is amazingly awesome

Comment

Foley, Foley......Donna Noble was grating, dumb, loudmouthed, vile and contemptious. Thanks God for Karen
            Lies, all lies, she was the definition of awesome. At least until Karen came along.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              Lies, all lies, she was the definition of awesome. At least until Karen came along.
              Absolutely agreed.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Absolutely agreed.
                On which part?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  On which part?
                  I always thought Donna Noble was an awesome companion...until Amy Pond happened along. I can understand people not liking Donna, but I thought she was fantastic and would be hard to beat. Amy Pond did it in two episodes.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I always thought Donna Noble was an awesome companion...until Amy Pond happened along. I can understand people not liking Donna, but I thought she was fantastic and would be hard to beat. Amy Pond did it in two episodes.
                    Oh I don't know about that, Amy is kind of awesome but I am not ready to throw out Donna quite yet . Soon though, because Amy is very very awesome

Comment

Amy owned. As soon as she turned up in that skirt, that was it. hoosed Donna Noble right out the park
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Amy owned. As soon as she turned up in that skirt, that was it. hoosed Donna Noble right out the park
                        With all the recent companions of the Doctor, here's my personal ranking:

1. Amy & Martha
                        2. Rose
                        3. Donna

While Donna wasn't somebody I disliked, she wasn't my favorite either. I'm not quite sure what to think about her sometimes. The stories that revolved around her were interesting, especially Pompeii and the Oodsphere. There were a number of moments where she had a wonderful sense of humor...and then there were moments where I absolutely couldn't stand her.

With Rose, I think that without her presence and the loss of her presence, I think that the 9th and 10th Doctors wouldn't have the kind of depth we've seen.

Martha is unique among all the recent companions. I personally think she has been the strongest before Amy for several reasons.

* She managed to elude the Master and the Toclafane for a year on her own. Donna, Rose, and Amy (at least right now) couldn't hope to do that. Walking the Earth, Martha became a living legend while the Doctor was essentially the Master's dog.
                        * She saved the Doctor from the Master.
                        * She had a fantastic exit from Doctor Who: She wasn't getting what she wanted from their arrangement and she wanted out. She left the 10th Doctor on HER terms and didn't compromise on it. That takes some serious gumption to do something like that and I respect her character for it.

Now with Amy, I think she's easily surpassed Rose and Donna by looks and force of personality alone. Her presence dominates almost every scene she's in. If she's able to pull off feats similar to Martha, she would then be THE best companion out of all of them. If Amy decided to leave the 11th Doctor for similar reasons as Martha, then I'd follow her to a spinoff series.
                        sigpic

Comment

I do think Amy is uber HOT, with legs and having my favorite hair colour but she is a bit on thy thin side for my liking. Especially in this pic.

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet
                          Last edited by Madwelshboy; 03 July 2010, 02:31 PM. Reason: Removal of IMG tags

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                            I do think Amy is uber HOT, with legs and having my favorite hair colour but she is a bit on thy thin side for my liking. Especially in this pic.
                            You're not alone. I think she's gorgeous and sexy, but frankly, needs just a bit of padding out. Her legs, especially, seem too thin to me (though still very nice). May just be because she seems fairly tall.
                            sigpic

Comment

You're not alone. I think she's gorgeous and sexy, but frankly, needs just a bit of padding out. Her legs, especially, seem too thin to me (though still very nice). May just be because she seems fairly tall.
                              Ah, you could be right but she's still hot.

Comment

Was it my imagination, or in the trailer for next week, was the skirt shorter?

Comment

Working...
                                X