Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karen Gillan Appreciation/Thunk/WOW Thread (11th Doctor Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    This is true!
    Amy Pond is a younger, feistier, and far more attractive version of Donna Noble.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      Amy Pond is a younger, feistier, and far more attractive version of Donna Noble.
      Very true, don't forget smarter and funnier too.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

get the feeling the moaning is coming from Women who normally made their husbands watch Doctor Who with the kids because of the scare value, and are now jealous by how much their men are desperate to watch it with the new Companion?!?!
        Probably, probably indeed
        I summarise the complaints as "Blah blah blah". For the last 4 episodes Amy Pond hasn't been treated solely as eyecandy but as a proper character. She dares to stand up to the Doctor and actually solves problems herself even if the Doctor can't solve it (Unlike Rose "Oh Doctor!" Tyler).
        Rose oh Doctor Tyler
        But yeah I agree, she is awesome in her own right and in her own way. She really does think outside the box and really does tell the Doctor off.
        In fact I like her better then I like the Doctor, she is truly well rounded and they are bothe working together to solve the problems that they are facing.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Oh I don't about that I think that having a Time Lord Consiouncness in your head makes one pretty smart

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Oh I don't about that I think that having a Time Lord Consiouncness in your head makes one pretty smart
          Also very true. But in Amy's case her intelligence isn't actually life-threatening (as far as we know...), nor is it the result of a bizarre confluence of events / exposure to an alien physiology (again, as far as we know...).

Not that Donna was thick in her normal form, but Amy just seems much sharper and clever.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Also very true. But in Amy's case her intelligence isn't actually life-threatening (as far as we know...), nor is it the result of a bizarre confluence of events / exposure to an alien physiology (again, as far as we know...).

Not that Donna was thick in her normal form, but Amy just seems much sharper and clever.
            I don't know. I think its pretty early to gauge her over all intelligence. I think Donna was probably 'smarter' its just that Amy knows how to use what she has better. If that makes anysense.

Comment

And Scottish!! Damned iportant trait!!
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                I don't know. I think its pretty early to gauge her over all intelligence. I think Donna was probably 'smarter' its just that Amy knows how to use what she has better. If that makes anysense.
                It does make sense - Donna had no idea of her real potential, even before the meta-crisis, whereas Amy seems very aware of her capability. I still think Amy's a bit cleverer and more accepting of the remarkable stuff she sees and experiences, and Donna was used as comic relief a few too many times for her intelligence to fully shine through (though Amy's had some brilliant funny lines). I don't think there's much in it, but to me, Amy comes out just slightly ahead of Donna. It's basically just personal preference though.

Yes, but we won't hold that against her. * runs*
                sigpic

Comment

I will be able to find you by the loudness of you trembling as you hide
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I will be able to find you by the loudness of you laughing hysterically
                    Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Time to bring in the bagpipes.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Time to bring in the bagpipes.
                        And time to slap you down for bringing stupid stereotypes into it
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Saw a trailer for Dr. Who today while waiting for Iron Man 2 to start. Her legs on the big screen, yummy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Saw a trailer for Dr. Who today while waiting for Iron Man 2 to start. Her legs on the big screen, yummy.
                            Her on big screen. Yummy
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I found this. It's a sketch, but it's a good one.

sigpic

Comment

Alright Sketch
                                It does make sense - Donna had no idea of her real potential, even before the meta-crisis, whereas Amy seems very aware of her capability. I still think Amy's a bit cleverer and more accepting of the remarkable stuff she sees and experiences, and Donna was used as comic relief a few too many times for her intelligence to fully shine through (though Amy's had some brilliant funny lines). I don't think there's much in it, but to me, Amy comes out just slightly ahead of Donna. It's basically just personal preference though.

well we will just have to see
                                Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                Wait they showed a trailer for Doctor Who in theaters?

Comment

Working...
                                X