Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and many hours later:

508 The Hungry Earth
    509 Cold Blood
    510 Vincent and the Doctor
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      ... and many hours later:

508 The Hungry Earth
      509 Cold Blood
      510 Vincent and the Doctor
      Cold Fuzz, did you sleep last night?

I watched Time-Flight. I liked the new Master on this one, and the writers did a good job of hiding him. The curse of DVD purchase is the cover usually announces it's a Master story so when he shows up in episode 3, it's not a surprise. This time, he wasn't on the cover and I didn't see it coming.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
        32.05 - The Vampires of Venice

TORCHWOOD
        1.08 - They Keep Killing Suzie

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Savatage View Post
          I watched Time-Flight. I liked the new Master on this one, and the writers did a good job of hiding him. The curse of DVD purchase is the cover usually announces it's a Master story so when he shows up in episode 3, it's not a surprise. This time, he wasn't on the cover and I didn't see it coming.
          Congrats. You made it through one of the lowest budget 80's stories.

In my memory, this was a great story... with the surprising Master reveal... I then don't think I saw it again til I was much older... and knew by then that it was very low on budget... entirely studio bound... bad fx... so I just put those good ol' WHO blinkers on... They work a treat sometimes.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

In my memory, this was a great story... with the surprising Master reveal... I then don't think I saw it again til I was much older... and knew by then that it was very low on budget... entirely studio bound... bad fx... so I just put those good ol' WHO blinkers on... They work a treat sometimes.
            Apart from the stuff they shot on location at Heathrow Airport.

I think it's kind of sad that the Concorde is no longer flying.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

I go into each of the classic Who stories knowing it never had a high budget and that they were using models and costums when today they'd use CGI. Couple that with having not having the time to get everything just the way they might have liked it and you're bound to have some gaffs from time to time. Personally, I think overall they did a fantastic job with the resources they had and if you take every story on it's own merits, they rarely disappoint. (I've now seen every classic Who story available up to Time-Flight and liked them all except The Gunfighters.)

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                7.01 - Spearhead from Space

TORCHWOOD
                2.07 - Dead Man Walking

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

511 The Lodger
                  512 The Pandorica Opens
                  513 The Big Bang
                  sigpic

Comment

"The Red Dalek One" (aka Dalek Invasion Earth 2150 AD)

Remembrance of the Daleks
                    (which just gave me a great idea for a fanwank (err fanfic) ideal for the 50th Anniversary...)
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                      8.01 - Terror of the Autons

K-9
                      1.03 - The Korven

Comment

Warriors of the Deep
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                        Originally posted by Jonzey
                        Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

School Reunion
                          The Girl in the Fireplace
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

The Eleventh Hour

"Beans are evil!"
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                              27.01 - Rose

TORCHWOOD
                              1.12 - Captain Jack Harkness

THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES
                              5.01 - Sky
                              5.02 - The Curse of Clyde Langer
                              5.03 - The Man Who Never Was

K-9
                              1.23 - Angel of the North

Comment

A Christmas Carol
                                Space
                                Time
                                Prequel to The Impossible Astronaut
                                The Impossible Astronaut
                                Day of the Moon
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X