Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rescue
    The Romans

Comment

Originally posted by Savatage View Post
      Meglos

I've now seen all the 4th Doctor episodes available - not a bad one in the bunch!

I've seen a lot of negative comments about the episodes with the 6th and 7th Doctor. Do you folks feel they are worth looking into and if so which episodes should be seen? And for that matter which if any should be skipped?

EDIT: Cosmichbo recommended "Curse of Fenric" on another thread, so I'll probably get that one since I liked all the other suggestions made there. Anything else?
      I don't recommend skipping anything. Two incarnations worth of the Doctor's adventures just waiting to be seen and they do all deserve to be seen. It's Doctor Who.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

RE the 6th & 7th Doctors...

If nothing else... between them, they only star in 23 stories, and I'd say even to a casual fan, there'd be at least 10 good stories amongst them... and even a not great story can have great Who moments...

So yes, watch them all...

But if you aren't keen...

Must Watch - 6th Doctor:

Attack of the Cybermen
        Vengeance on Varos
        The Two Doctors
        The Mysterious Planet
        The Ultimate Foe

Must Watch - 7th Doctor:

Err, all of them except
        Delta and the Bannerman
        Happiness Patrol
        Ghostlight
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
          Prequel #3 - A Good Man Goes To War
          32.07 - A Good Man Goes To War
          Prequel #4 - Let's Kill Hitler
          32.08 - Let's Kill Hitler

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            I don't recommend skipping anything. Two incarnations worth of the Doctor's adventures just waiting to be seen and they do all deserve to be seen. It's Doctor Who.
            This was my thinking. What got me nervous was I hadn't seen people on this thread saying they were watching those episodes. Thanks, Cosmichbo for the info!

Back on topic:

Visitation

Can't say I'm too keen on Adric.

Comment

This was my thinking. What got me nervous was I hadn't seen people on this thread saying they were watching those episodes. Thanks, Cosmichbo for the info!
              Your welcome.

Back on topic:

Visitation

Can't say I'm too keen on Adric.
              Your not the first and you won't be the last in that. But The Visitation is great! I love the opening moments, the "death" of the Doctor's oldest friend is a shock, and the ending twist is a delight. Adric's "fighting" the android is pitiful though.

Comment

Your welcome.

Your not the first and you won't be the last in that. But The Visitation is great! I love the opening moments, the "death" of the Doctor's oldest friend is a shock, and the ending twist is a delight. Adric's "fighting" the android is pitiful though.
                Alan, you nailed it! It was the Adric "fighting" the android scene that really made me think the kid should take his star and go home. The Tardis is pretty crowded right now anyway. Other than that, great episode.

Comment

Alan, you nailed it! It was the Adric "fighting" the android scene that really made me think the kid should take his star and go home. The Tardis is pretty crowded right now anyway. Other than that, great episode.
                  Yeah. I think its Adric's trying to kick the android in the backside that really lets the whole sequence down for me.

Comment

Yeah. I think its Adric's trying to kick the android in the backside that really lets the whole sequence down for me.
                    It looked more like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum than a fight. I thought, "Adric needs a time out". Trouble is I've been thinking that a lot especially in this story. Ah well, he can't be around much longer.

Comment

There are some great Adric moments, that I think alot of people take to be bad acting... and they probably are, but they're also an attempt to highlight the fact that Adric was not only not human, but not even of N-Space.

Then again, there's the old adage, f*** *ff Adric.
                      Last edited by cosmichobo; 28 January 2012, 01:11 PM.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

I never liked Adric much either. When I first watched him I thought he was an irritating know-it-all. I've mellowed towards him over time however. He's still one of my least favourite companions but I don't detest him with a passion any more.

Smith and Jones
                        Gridlock

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                          Night and the Doctor #3: First Night
                          Night and the Doctor #4: Last Night
                          Prequel #5 - The Wedding of River Song
                          32.13 - The Wedding of River Song

TORCHWOOD
                          2.01 - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
                          2.12 - Fragments
                          2.13 - Exit Wounds
                          Last edited by Alan; 28 January 2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

New Earth
                            Tooth and Claw
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Black Orchid

Comment

The King's Demons
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                                Originally posted by Jonzey
                                Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X