Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
    Paitence was a character frrom the (crap) New Adventures Novel "Lungbarrow" by Marc Platt, which attempted to explain The Doctor's origins and family history, she was a beloved cousin that was also a love interest or something...again, the modern series continuity hasnt really acknowledged this history, and that's a good thing. The books have often contradicted themselves anyway, and many are just...wrong (Nude scenes, profanity etc)

As for why fans can't think of anything original when it comes to speculation, I owe that to the franchise just spoiling them on nostalgia combined with an obsession with bad fanfiction that unfortunatly at one point was officially licensed.

Why would nude stuff be wrong. I could imagine novels as expanding on the TV universe and showing sides of life that you can't see on TV for various reasons.... I mean in the novels you had a female tardis which is strange.... Even stranger that she's in the form of a female humanoid.......

Not to mention that some accounts I have read of that involve her literally opening up naked to offer exit and entry. That would itself warrant a PG rating.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It's "wrong" because DW was always a family show and things like that, expanded neccesities or not, just take it's innocense away

As for the living TARDIS thing, I liked that idea, hell it was one of my earliest ideas about River, that she was The TARDIS in human form, but I'd rather it be someone whose life is defined by paradox

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
        It's "wrong" because DW was always a family show and things like that, expanded neccesities or not, just take it's innocense away

As for the living TARDIS thing, I liked that idea, hell it was one of my earliest ideas about River, that she was The TARDIS in human form, but I'd rather it be someone whose life is defined by paradox

What about Astrid from the Titanic episode? Maybe she becomes a TARDIS

Comment

I would not be at all surprised if we discover that River Song is, in fact, Nyssa of Traken.
          Why?

-It is assumable that they are biological similar to Galefryans (else, how was the master able to use Tremas as a “thirteenth regenration”?)
          -Nyssa helped to fly and/or repair the Tardis on many occasions. It probably wouldn't take that much time or practice for her to learn to fly it properly.
          -Assuming the above speculation about biological similarity is true, it isn't that illogical to guess that Trakenians are capable of something similar to regeneration.

Comment

Originally posted by albert12 View Post
            I would not be at all surprised if we discover that River Song is, in fact, Nyssa of Traken.
            Why?

-It is assumable that they are biological similar to Galefryans (else, how was the master able to use Tremas as a “thirteenth regenration”?)
            -Nyssa helped to fly and/or repair the Tardis on many occasions. It probably wouldn't take that much time or practice for her to learn to fly it properly.
            -Assuming the above speculation about biological similarity is true, it isn't that illogical to guess that Trakenians are capable of something similar to regeneration.

But why would a future Doctor hook up with Nyssa? Isn't she on Terminus or dead as that's a like a leper colony?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              But why would a future Doctor hook up with Nyssa? Isn't she on Terminus or dead as that's a like a leper colony?
              If I remember the ending of "Terminus" corectly, she only stayed behind in order to set it up a proper medical faculity instead of the slipshod mess it currently was. It is quite posible that she completed her work there and moved on.

As for your first question, I'm not sure. However, it is quite posible that she is the last Galefreyan-similar female around- and therefore, the last chance for survival of both species.

Comment

Originally posted by albert12 View Post
                If I remember the ending of "Terminus" corectly, she only stayed behind in order to set it up a proper medical faculity instead of the slipshod mess it currently was. It is quite posible that she completed her work there and moved on.

As for your first question, I'm not sure. However, it is quite posible that she is the last Galefreyan-similar female around- and therefore, the last chance for survival of both species.
                I asked a few questions. Which "first question" of mine did you refer too?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  I asked a few questions. Which "first question" of mine did you refer too?
                  "First question" was probably the incorect term- I was refering to the sentince before the first question mark.

BTW, (and completely off subject) I was doing a bit of figuring a while back, and I came to the conclusion that, due to the genetic diffrences created by regenration, it would probably take less than ten surviving individuals to revive the Galefryan species.

Comment

Nyssa is happily married (Circular Time)

Again, just what IS this obsession with linking River to someone from the past? Can't you just accept maybe she's something new?

Comment

Well it appears my original thread has been combined with another, possibly more than one, speculation theory, so it's hard to tell after so long where speculation to my theory ends and general speculation begins.

I'll just say that River turning out to be a character we have already seen since the show reboot, or at least in a prior episode written by Moffat, seems, to me mind you, to be just like something he would do, as someone else already pointed out. He has fun taking a bunch of seemingly random moments and connecting them in a way that blows your mind.

Also, has anyone else noticed that "Astrid" is an anagram of "TARDIS"?

Talk about blowing your mind!

Comment

Personlly. I am tired of this notion that the Doctor needs to "fall in love".
                        Or that all the female characters have to have the hots for him.
                        All this silly sex,and relationship nonscene I could gladly do with out.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          Personlly. I am tired of this notion that the Doctor needs to "fall in love".
                          Or that all the female characters have to have the hots for him.
                          All this silly sex,and relationship nonscene I could gladly do with out.
                          It' a pity the writers can't be made aware that some fans do not like this stuff.

But having now established there is a relationship with The Doctor and River Song from the Library episodes the genie has been let out the bottle so has to be resolved.

Comment

I think River Song has something to do with the Master.
                            Spoiler:
                            My motivation is the episode 'Time of Angels.' There are several things in noticed.

1 - It's the fourth episode of the season.
                            2 - The Byzantium is a Class-Four star liner.
                            3 - River Song has a four second clip of the angel
                            4 - Near the end of the episode, father Octavian says they are down to four people.

Added to that, there are four items on this list !
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                              I think River Song has something to do with the Master.
                              Spoiler:
                              My motivation is the episode 'Time of Angels.' There are several things in noticed.

1 - It's the fourth episode of the season.
                              2 - The Byzantium is a Class-Four star liner.
                              3 - River Song has a four second clip of the angel
                              4 - Near the end of the episode, father Octavian says they are down to four people.

Added to that, there are four items on this list !
                              Wow, I'd never have noticed of that. O_O But indeed, 'sounds a bit... strange... *knock knock knock knock*
                              But then how would you explain that the Master regenerated into a female Time Lord?
                              And wouldn't the Doctor "sense" that he is facing a Time Lord?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Utopia! View Post
                                Wow, I'd never have noticed of that. O_O But indeed, 'sounds a bit... strange... *knock knock knock knock*
                                But then how would you explain that the Master regenerated into a female Time Lord?
                                And wouldn't the Doctor "sense" that he is facing a Time Lord?
                                The Master was able to hide himself from the Doctor using a special signal. (When he was Harold Saxon.) And she doesn't have to be the Master. We know a thing or two about the Doctor's family, but nothing about the Master's. Where does it say that the Master has to be an only child ? (The Doctor once had a brother, so we know that Time Lords can have multiple children.)
                                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                                X