Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after reading quite a few Virgin Doctor Who books and it got me thinking. Maybe River is NOT his future wife. She is simply his wife....Patience to be more exact.

In consideration for those who do not want to know or get spoiled
    Spoiler:
    We know that The Other was married to Patience and had 13 kids and Susan was his granddaughter. He then threw himself into the Loom and was re-loomed as the Doctor. Susan recognized him for what and whom he was and the doctor also knew Suan by name. We know that The Other had a name only that for some strange reason it got lost. The name of The Other and the name of The Doctor is the same name...and River knows it because she was his wife at a time when his name wasn't yet lost.
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

My money is on Romana...I simply cannot imagine the Doctor getting married to a human, since he would outlive that person. Failing that, I'm hoping she is at least Susan Foreman's grand-mother.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        My money is on Romana...I simply cannot imagine the Doctor getting married to a human, since he would outlive that person. Failing that, I'm hoping she is at least Susan Foreman's grand-mother.
        Romana seems to be the popular theory
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Romana seems to be the popular theory
          but why would she say sorry to the doctor about him finding out her true indenity
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            but why would she say sorry to the doctor about him finding out her true indenity

Maybe for not telling him earlier........ Has she told him yet though?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Maybe for not telling him earlier........ Has she told him yet though?
              we find out who she is in series 32 according to duologue in 'the big bang'
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

we find out who she is in series 32 according to duologue in 'the big bang'

REally?

I don't remember any dialogue.

I know that in some future incarnatio of himself that he and River are somewhat intimate

Comment

The dialouge was her saying "yes" in a confirmationary whisper as to whenever or not she was married, it was intended to imply she married The Doctor judging from the performance given by Alex.

As for who River is, I think it'll be something new and exciting, I don't get why people keep up this flappy opinion (not a theory as there's nothing to indicate she's who they speculate she is) that it's Romana...I mean grow a pair of more imaginative grapefruits people, DW isnt ALL about fanfiction of this type, Moffat will give you something you've never seen before. River is a new element to The Doctor's world, someone he "creates" by accident via meeting her in a complicated order, helping to shape her into who she becomes.

Comment

Another question that keeps bugging me is....If the Doctor is married to River Song in the future, how does that relate of the Valeyard ? (An evil version of the Doctor seen in the 'Trial of a Time Lord' serials.)
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Sorry to be a little OT but has anyone seen Moffat's Sherlock Holmes? It reminded me lots of Doctor Who with the way Holmes was and the use of the word "brilliant"

Comment

Since I am sticking to my Patience theory - because she made him believe that she had died in the anti-matter universe while in fact she hasn't and by telling him his name she has clarified the fact who she really is.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I'll laugh hard when this doesnt turn out to be the case. Moffat creates his own characters, he rarely "borrows" from other fiction.

This is just more ridiculous speculation. She isnt Paitence. Ever-lovin' FACT.

Comment

I don't understand why everyone thinks that she must be someone else, or something unusual.

She's obviously a love interest of the Doctor's, as we can see in every single interaction that they have, she's not someone that he met before (this is the Doctor, people. If he knew her before or knew her parents he would've likely noticed. He's the man who notices everything after all). She's not a Time Lord, since they can "feel each other out" (as stated in "The Sound of Drums"). Also, the chances of her being a Time Agent isn't particularly high, either.

Comment

Who is Patience?

Comment

Paitence was a character frrom the (crap) New Adventures Novel "Lungbarrow" by Marc Platt, which attempted to explain The Doctor's origins and family history, she was a beloved cousin that was also a love interest or something...again, the modern series continuity hasnt really acknowledged this history, and that's a good thing. The books have often contradicted themselves anyway, and many are just...wrong (Nude scenes, profanity etc)

As for why fans can't think of anything original when it comes to speculation, I owe that to the franchise just spoiling them on nostalgia combined with an obsession with bad fanfiction that unfortunatly at one point was officially licensed.

Comment

Working...
                                X