Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who/Torchwood SPOILERS for upcoming seasons...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like Torchwood to me.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Saw this on Sci-fi wire regarding James Marsters and Torchwood.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=42075

Comment

It could have been the cars in the airport sequence from Sound of Drums when Saxon meets the President.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

yeah i was thinking that.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

HAHA!

Just watched the episode, been on a shooting competition since saturday morning, only returned to the base today. Yes, the scene was indeed the one with UNIT, the President, Saxon, the Doctor, Jack, Martha and Saxon's Wife. Without sounding like I'm bouncing up and down, I've just watched the episode big screen no more than 50 metres away from where that scene was filmed, the very runway I take off from.

*squee (in a manly fashion of course)*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              I was present at the filming of EITHER Doctor Who or Torchwood on Friday Night. Not in any official capacity, but they were filming scenes on the runway that I use, late at night. I heard mention that the Torchwood Landrover was around, but I didn't manage to see it myself. However I CAN report what I did see...

During a dark night, two silver jeeps with blue flashing lights speed down a runway. They drive to a halt, and a small platoon of UNIT Soldiers form up behind the jeeps as four men (gender not confirmed, though some WERE male) get out of the car and walk down the runway towards another group of people (obscured due to closeness to filming crew, though there was another blue flashing light behind, so it could have been the torchwood landy) a file is handed over, and the four men return to their jeeps. They speed off back down the runway, and the UNIT platoon march away...

From Sound of Drums.
              Last edited by Admiral Mappalazarou; 14 July 2007, 04:43 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                Saw this on Sci-fi wire regarding James Marsters and Torchwood.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=42075
                More on this - from the local Wales newshounds:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

Just watched the episode, been on a shooting competition since saturday morning, only returned to the base today. Yes, the scene was indeed the one with UNIT, the President, Saxon, the Doctor, Jack, Martha and Saxon's Wife. Without sounding like I'm bouncing up and down, I've just watched the episode big screen no more than 50 metres away from where that scene was filmed, the very runway I take off from.
                  just wondering , why did they film this scene here, are you close to Doctor Who/Torchwood studios?

Comment

Doctor Who and Torchwood are both made by BBC Wales. The majority of both shows is actually filmed in or around Cardiff. My station has the right look and is in close proximity to where they usually film, so I suppose that's why. Also due to the nature of the base, it's two roles being training and engineering repairs, most air traffic is confined to working hours. Where as if you had a combat operational base that had say... Tornado F3's flying from it, you wouldn't have the luxury of "down time" to film on the runway.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                      More on this - from the local Wales newshounds:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

Thanks for that.

Also I found this over at Sci-fi wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=42433

[QUOTEJohn Barrowman, who plays Capt. Jack Harkness on the BBC's Doctor Who spinoff Torchwood, told SCI FI Wire that a salacious comment made by guest star James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) at a recent convention about his character was a completely accurate description.

"That's right," Barrowman said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., on July 13. "'You're going to have to go finish yourself off at the end of it.' And he's absolutely right. And we filmed that three days ago, and it took 12 hours. I can't tell you what that was like."

Marsters is best known for playing Spike, the platinum-blond, British-born vampire with a weakness for a certain chosen one on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spinoff series, Angel.

Julie Gardner, executive-producer of Torchwood, said that Marsters will play an "omnisexual" character who has a past connection to Barrowman's Capt. Jack. [/QUOTE]

I'm really lokking foward to this episode when it comes around and all the others.

Comment

Working...
                      X