Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who/Torchwood SPOILERS for upcoming seasons...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who/Torchwood SPOILERS for upcoming seasons...

I was present at the filming of EITHER Doctor Who or Torchwood on Friday Night. Not in any official capacity, but they were filming scenes on the runway that I use, late at night. I heard mention that the Torchwood Landrover was around, but I didn't manage to see it myself. However I CAN report what I did see...

During a dark night, two silver jeeps with blue flashing lights speed down a runway. They drive to a halt, and a small platoon of UNIT Soldiers form up behind the jeeps as four men (gender not confirmed, though some WERE male) get out of the car and walk down the runway towards another group of people (obscured due to closeness to filming crew, though there was another blue flashing light behind, so it could have been the torchwood landy) a file is handed over, and the four men return to their jeeps. They speed off back down the runway, and the UNIT platoon march away...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

How cool is that! Can you remember anything else or would you have to shoot me?
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      I was present at the filming of EITHER Doctor Who or Torchwood on Friday Night. Not in any official capacity, but they were filming scenes on the runway that I use, late at night. I heard mention that the Torchwood Landrover was around, but I didn't manage to see it myself. However I CAN report what I did see...

During a dark night, two silver jeeps with blue flashing lights speed down a runway. They drive to a halt, and a small platoon of UNIT Soldiers form up behind the jeeps as four men (gender not confirmed, though some WERE male) get out of the car and walk down the runway towards another group of people (obscured due to closeness to filming crew, though there was another blue flashing light behind, so it could have been the torchwood landy) a file is handed over, and the four men return to their jeeps. They speed off back down the runway, and the UNIT platoon march away...
      Cool. Where were you exactly? Sounds like it could be Doctor Who related.

Comment

It probabley wouldn't be a huge deal, but technically I shouldn't say, so I'll avoid it, especially on a public forum.

What I will tell you is more about the scene. There was a police van off camera, that later in the evening (when I'd retired to the Mess) was being used ON the runway. Not sure what for, but could be of interest. There was also a strange woman with a very white coat (not lab coat) that was seen on the side of the potential Torchwooders...

I'm not sure whether it's Doctor Who or not. I don't know if Torchwood has officially started filming yet, that could be a deciding factor. The meeting FELT more like Torchwood, but the UNIT soldiers do suggest Doctor Who... but who would meet secretly with the Doctor? IF at all it WAS the Doctor?

Who were UNIT meeting with? That is the mystery...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It makes sense it'd be Doctor Who - they might feel like they'd be contradicting themselves more than usually if they now throw Torchwood back into the picture, so they've ressurected UNIT for whatever plot device they need (I mean, let's be honest here, they're not that differnet...).

However mixing UNIT into Torchwood could be cool
          (yeah, have they started filming already? I was under the impression they don't start just yet...)
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I was under the impression that Who had wrapped filming, but, if we think that DW takes 9 months to film, and that Torchwood S2 looks to be starting in Jan 08, assuming they won't film over Christmas, it seems likely that it'd be one of the first Torchwood scenes to be filmed.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              It makes sense it'd be Doctor Who - they might feel like they'd be contradicting themselves more than usually if they now throw Torchwood back into the picture, so they've ressurected UNIT for whatever plot device they need (I mean, let's be honest here, they're not that differnet...).

However mixing UNIT into Torchwood could be cool
              (yeah, have they started filming already? I was under the impression they don't start just yet...)
              They've mentioned UNIT a couple times in Torchwood (Tosh was preparing a list for them in Greeks Bearing Gifts and Owen had a fake ID from UNIT in Ghost Machine).

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica View Post
                They've mentioned UNIT a couple times in Torchwood (Tosh was preparing a list for them in Greeks Bearing Gifts and Owen had a fake ID from UNIT in Ghost Machine).
                Right you are! My bad.
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                  I was under the impression that Who had wrapped filming, but, if we think that DW takes 9 months to film, and that Torchwood S2 looks to be starting in Jan 08, assuming they won't film over Christmas, it seems likely that it'd be one of the first Torchwood scenes to be filmed.
                  Yeah but don't a lot of shows do little side bits of filming? (sorry to get all technological there ) I mean unless they have Officially "wrapped" they could do still be filming the stuff that doesn't require the "known" actors to appear. Also it could be some of the previous scenes didn't work so they are shooting other ones... I don't know!

Mindless speculation if fun!

Comment

Could be, could be....
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I have one question for you. Why didn't you pull out your fake UNIT ID barge you way onto the set and see more.
                      Dear oh dear. I thought you were a serious fan

Comment

Originally posted by Tanduay View Post
                        I have one question for you. Why didn't you pull out your fake UNIT ID barge you way onto the set and see more.
                        Dear oh dear. I thought you were a serious fan
                        Ha!

I'm sure my RAF ID might have got me a little further, but it's an interesting suggestion, might try it next time

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I don't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that Torchwood didn't start official filming until April 30th, 2007. But as I don't remember where I read it, I can't tell you how good a source it is.

Comment

I think FOB said he thinks the scene was from the next episode of Doctor Who (title spoilers)
                            Spoiler:
                            The Sound of Drums

Comment

Series 3 spoilers

Spoiler:
                              Yes, the trailer to Sound of Drums had the American president mention UNIT, plus apparently Saxon/ the Master dealing with alien stuffsies, so it must be from either Sound of Drums or Last of the Time Lords.
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                              X