This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^thats what I put

Anyway, with the arc word suspected as being "Saxon" people over on OG have come up with one theory. "Mister Saxon" is an anagram of:
    Spoiler:
    Master No. Six, and if we ignore the barely notable Gordon Tipple appearance from the movie, we have seen five incarnations of the Master so far....
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Didn't the movie say the master has used all his 13 lives?

Comment

But we have only seen him in 5 incarnations (3 of which were regenerations, 2 were stolen bodies)
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I still want to know how RTD and co are gonna fake 1930's Manhattan, in present day Cardiff, on a television budget.

Hmmm... *thinks* 1930's Manhattan, eh? I'd love to see the Doctor team up with the Shadow, or Doc Savage.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Hmmm... *thinks* 1930's Manhattan, eh? I'd love to see the Doctor team up with the Shadow, or Doc Savage.
            God, I pity any hardboiled pulp character who runs across the Doctor.

The Shadow: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
            The Doctor: Well, I'm no expert, but I like to think I've got a pretty good idea by now.
            The Shadow: No. That's not right. I mean, I know; that's the thing. The Shadow knows.
            The Doctor: Well, isn't that nice, but I'm afraid the Doctor's got a pretty good...Oo, no. Talking about myself in the third person just sounds so tacky. (Beat). Was that rude?
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
              God, I pity any hardboiled pulp character who runs across the Doctor.

The Shadow: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
              The Doctor: Well, I'm no expert, but I like to think I've got a pretty good idea by now.
              The Shadow: No. That's not right. I mean, I know; that's the thing. The Shadow knows.
              The Doctor: Well, isn't that nice, but I'm afraid the Doctor's got a pretty good...Oo, no. Talking about myself in the third person just sounds so tacky. (Beat). Was that rude?
              Could be worse... It could be Cap'n Jack meeting Doc Savage.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                I still want to know how RTD and co are gonna fake 1930's Manhattan, in present day Cardiff, on a television budget.
                I heard they actually did a bit of filming in New York, and theres bound to be a lot of interior sets.

Comment

I'm guessing a couple period coupes, a slouch hat or two (I'll be deeply disappointed if the Doctor doesn't don a fedora) a healthy handful of heaters and a Tommy gun for local colour.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The appearance of Ardal O'Hanlon's character - the humanoid tiger pilot - makes me wonder if it's RTD making a subtle wink to the Dr. Who comic strip of the 80's.

There were a bunch of characters called The Freefall Warriors - a group of futuristic mercenary pilots, one of whom was a humanoid tiger...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                      I'm guessing a couple period coupes, a slouch hat or two (I'll be deeply disappointed if the Doctor doesn't don a fedora) a healthy handful of heaters and a Tommy gun for local colour.
                      Bung in a Humphrey Bogart lookalike, and bob's your auntie.
                      sigpic

Comment

OOO! Now that looks GOOD. Very excited for this I am! ^.^ Thanks for posting the trailers and spoilers.

Though I do have to say it's a rotten dirty trick to Nine fans to have someone dressed so close to Nine. (Or at least it appears like he is in the quick flashes) >.> And that was horrible sentence structure *cough*
                        "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Working...
                        X