Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they bring back a companion let it be Peri. I'd love to see some closure to her story
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The latest spoiler I have found concerned the big bad of S3

Spoiler:
      The being that was going to be in "The Pit" in Impossible Planet/Satan Pit will be used this season, it was quoted in one of RTD's interviews. This has been misinterpreted by a big chunk of fandom (at Outpost Gallifrey anyhow) as The Beast coming back, but theres no evidence to support this.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
        Spoiler:
        The being that was going to be in "The Pit" in Impossible Planet/Satan Pit will be used this season, it was quoted in one of RTD's interviews. This has been misinterpreted by a big chunk of fandom (at Outpost Gallifrey anyhow) as The Beast coming back, but theres no evidence to support this.
        Does this mean that originally there was supposed to be something else?

I'd like the Doctor to get another Companion for a while. I like the idea of multiples. Though I'd prefer a unique character as opposed to someone linked to the existing characters. Or maybe pick up one of the old Companions for a while. I LOVE Sarah Jane and K9, but I'd like to meet some of the others, now. *is hopelessly, pathetically unknowledgeable of the history of the Doctor and his Companions*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Does this mean that originally there was supposed to be something else?
          Yep. As for companions, well
          Spoiler:
          Jack is supposed to be in at least one, but RTD has said recently that he will be in a few. I can't remember when he goes back to film, but i think it may have been Nov. 4th.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Trailer for the new series:

windows media:
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ram/bb/throw_16x9_bb.asx

realmedia:
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ram/bb/throw_16x9_bb.ram

The final scene from the version aired online was cut, its a BIG spoiler
            Spoiler:
            Dalek Sec appears, which means the Daleks will feature, at latest, in the first two parter

Also, Ardal O'Hanlon, of My Hero and Father Ted fame, looks to be playing some sort of
            Spoiler:
            cat, possibly in the episode mentioned by DT to take place in the year 5 billion 46

Next year should be a little different, according to DT, theres an all new crew and all new direction, and judging by The Runaway Bride, The Doctor may get a little more aggressive and gritty over the season.

Comment

About 21 seconds into the Windows Media trailer, is that
              Spoiler:
              Christopher Eccleston grabbing Martha
              ?? I thought I saw him in the ad on TV and now I'm almost sure of it but its too hard to tell with that picture quality.
              Last edited by pbellosom; 25 December 2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                Spoiler:
                Dalek Sec appears, which means the Daleks will feature, at latest, in the first two parter
                It appears that the Daleks/Cybermen or any other old enemy will appear in most of the new seasons... That thought occured to me while watching the trailer. At least until they've established new, equally dastardly, enemies. Finales just won't have the "oomph" or emotional draw that you'd expect unless there's a really meaty bad buy in the way. Everyone knows the Daleks are hardcore hence it's a big draw. Now would you say the same about any average new enemy such as the cat-women? Although, saying that, has there been any really good bad guys in the new seasons to be such a big draw?

^I was thinking the same, but it moves so fast it could just be any guy in a leather jacket...

ETA: CE's not listed on IMDB but that means very little. I'd wager it's not just because there's few plausible ways of bringing him back...
                Last edited by Anubis69; 25 December 2006, 03:07 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

hmmm dont think its C.E.
                  Could be.
                  Hola

Hello

Comment

I can't wait for the ep with the Rhino people. Lol was classic looking aliens. It solves the question of why do all aliens look like Humans? Well they don't anymore as they all look like Rhinos.

Face of Boe is back from the trailer which is cool.
                    sweries 3 looks like to be another gd 1. Well done BBC
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I don't think it's him, but could be i guess :|
                      Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=The Signal;6130828]

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        The Daleks will be returning in a two-part adventure set in 1930's New York http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6211731.stm

Sounds fantastic to me. The Daleks are great, and hopefully if they're used here they won't turn up in the season finale.
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          About 21 seconds into the Windows Media trailer, is that
                          Spoiler:
                          Christopher Eccleston grabbing Martha
                          ?? I thought I saw him in the ad on TV and now I'm almost sure of it but its too hard to tell with that picture quality.
                          I've had a close look and if you pause it just right you can see it's definately not him.
                          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Nope, not quite!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Not him, ears are too small

Episode titles released so far, with a little info on them:

Spoiler:

1. Smith and Jones [Introducing Martha]
                              2. The Shakespeare Code [Shakespeare episode, involves witches]
                              3. ???
                              4. Daleks in Manhattan / 5. ??? [1930's New York Daleks]
                              6. The Lazarus Experiment [Old man makes himself younger]
                              7. ???
                              8. ??? / 9. The Family of Blood [Im guessing this involves the Plasmavores]
                              10. ??? [Doctorless episode ala "Love and Monsters" and the Torchwood equivalent "Random Shoes"]
                              11. Utopia [should feature the return of Captain Jack Harkness to the series]
                              12. ??? / 13. ???

All titles come from official sources (Mostly Doctor Who Magazine) but all titles are subject to change.

Episode 4's title needs work IMO,
                              Spoiler:
                              If RTD has anything to do with it, it'll be something along the lines of "(Dalek) Sec's in the City"

On Episodes 8 and 9
                              Spoiler:
                              Several characters, as well as the time and place in which the epiosode is set (a boys school in 1913) are the same as one of the New Adventures novels "Human Nature" which featured the Doctor falling in love and giving up his life as a Time Lord, leaving his companion to fight an alien attack on her own. The title still has me thinking it will involve the Plasmavores.
                              Last edited by The Signal; 01 January 2007, 03:48 AM.

Comment

this may be changed, but currently its "Daleks in Manhattan" Plurral
                                Hola

Hello

Comment

Working...
                                X