Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favorite attempts that the Doctor makes to explain something. Leela's answer is just so funny!

Leela: "I still don't understand how this can be bigger inside than outside."
    Doctor: "Let me try to explain." (holds up two boxes) "Which box is larger?"
    Leela(pointing): "That one."
    Doctor(places larger one on console and walks away): "Now which box is larger?"
    Leela(pointing at same one): "That one!"
    Doctor: "But it looks smaller."
    Leela: "That's because it's further away."
    Doctor: "Exactly."
    Leela: "Huh?"
    Doctor: "If you could keep that box that far away and have it here...the large one could fit inside the small one."
    Leela: "That's silly."
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
      This is one of my favorite attempts that the Doctor makes to explain something. Leela's answer is just so funny!

Leela: "I still don't understand how this can be bigger inside than outside."
      Doctor: "Let me try to explain." (holds up two boxes) "Which box is larger?"
      Leela(pointing): "That one."
      Doctor(places larger one on console and walks away): "Now which box is larger?"
      Leela(pointing at same one): "That one!"
      Doctor: "But it looks smaller."
      Leela: "That's because it's further away."
      Doctor: "Exactly."
      Leela: "Huh?"
      Doctor: "If you could keep that box that far away and have it here...the large one could fit inside the small one."
      Leela: "That's silly."
      That's quite a good explanation of a tesseract.

Comment

Classic Tegan, aimed at the poor old Davison Doctor (who I love!!)
        "Call yourself a Time Lord, a broken clock keeps better time than you. At least it's right twice a day, which is more than you are" --- or words to that effect...

Comment

"He's said to be the best swordsman in France"
          Doctor: "Well fortunately we are in England"

Comment

More fun quotes!

"Doctor you can't just run off without telling anyone!"
            "Can't I? Goodbye!"
            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Bridg. Quite an insterting chap, all of them
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Here's today's fun quote!

Griffin: "Dinner tonight's going to be a national disaster! First course interrupted by bomb explosion. Second course affected by earthquakes. Third course ruined by interference in the kitchen. I'm going out for a walk. It'll probably rain..." ~Enemy of the World

Seriously pessimistic guy!

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

It will do very well for distroying the room, but I fear it won't do anything to the safe

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                    The slash fan in my loves this one:

"Relax, he's a 51st century guy; he's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing." The Doctor Dances

I love that one and I love this one...

Doctor: "It's a bit dodgy this process, you never know what you're going to end up with." from The Parting of the ways.
                    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 28 January 2006, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      Oh and I love the one in my sig, but that will eventually change... the sig not the quote.
                      LOL! That's an awesome sig!

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Here's mine for the day. Where the f5th Doctor borrows the 3rd Doctors technique.
                        The Brigadier: 'Are we stuck on this ship?'
                        Doctor: 'I wonder... if I reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...'
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

"Excuse me, would you mind not farting while i'm saving the world". - 9th Doctor
                          From the episode 'World War 3'.
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

unfortunately there's a visual to go along with it....so it loses a bit in just text...

i think it was in Zygons...

The Doctor is telling Sarah and whoever to wait 3 minutes and run away...on his way out the door...he says..

'Remember! Three Minutes!' and holds up 4 fingers.
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Doctor: Changed My dear Changed

Comment

Heres one from the Sea Devils.
                                Doctor: 'If Horatio Nelson had been in charge of this operation, I hardly think that he would have waited for official instructions.' Captain Hart: 'Yes... a pretty impulsive fellow. If one can believe the history books.' Doctor: 'History books? Captain Hart, Horatio Nelson was a personal friend of mine.'
                                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                                X