No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're going to the library because you have to return the books you and your mother have borrowed, including four Doctor Who books, and decide to go to JB HIFI to see if they have any of the Doctor Who DVDs that are on sale for $15.98, and come out with four of the DVDs and the Rogue Traders album "Here Come The Drums".

And when you get home and are trying to show your mother the DVDs, an ad saying that John Simm's series "The Lakes" and "State of Play" are for sale at the ABC Shop leaves you internally squeeing and wondering why they didn't mention "Life on Mars" or series 3 of "Doctor Who".

Those both just happened to me. I bought "The Invasion", "Earthshock", "Timelash", and "Ghost Light". I love sales. Those used to be $28.99.
    Last edited by THe KiKO peRsON; 15 June 2009, 04:11 AM.

Comment

If there's a Borders book store near you, you might want to give them a try for cheap Dr. Who DVDs.

Last time I was in the Glasgow branch, selected DVDs were the equivalent of about $10 a go.

Fed my addiction yesterday.

Got "The Web Planet", "Timelash", and "The Curse of Fenric" in my local independant record store for £7.99 (roughly $13) each.

Aaaaaaand you know you're a Whovian when... You're reading a Star Wars novel and you giggle quietly to yourself when a character's address is given as 17 Gallifrey Lane.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        If there's a Borders book store near you, you might want to give them a try for cheap Dr. Who DVDs.

Last time I was in the Glasgow branch, selected DVDs were the equivalent of about $10 a go.

Fed my addiction yesterday.

Got "The Web Planet", "Timelash", and "The Curse of Fenric" in my local independant record store for £7.99 (roughly $13) each.

Aaaaaaand you know you're a Whovian when... You're reading a Star Wars novel and you giggle quietly to yourself when a character's address is given as 17 Gallifrey Lane.
        I live in Australia, so £7.99 is about $16.33 here. According to xe.com, anyway. I don't think we have Borders, but we do have Dymocks (I got my E-Space Trilogy there when it came out for $29.95) Their DW DVDs are about the same as at JB HI FI.

You know you're a whovian when you're looking at the bar with links to the different sections of this site, and accidentally read "Gallery" as "Gallifrey".

Also, when you do these: (spoilered for size)

Spoiler:

and this

and this for added stargateness

(That should probably be supergate, shouldn't it? Looks more like one)

Oh, and when you visit http://community.livejournal.com/ihasatardis daily.

Comment

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
          Spoiler:

(That should probably be supergate, shouldn't it? Looks more like one)
          Actually, it's an Galaxy Grade Interstitial Time Configuration Helix - if you watch Dead Ringers that is.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
            ...when your mom starts talking about how Kagome's timeline (InuYasha) is confusing, and your first thought is Jack's timeline.

...he makes my head hurt.
            lol mine to kagome's timeliness nothing to jacks i don't get confused and understand kagome's
            sigpic

Comment

(cut for The Next Doctor spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              you try to whistle like the sonic screwdriver...and manage to for a few seconds.

also, when you wonder if a Hub could fit underneath the local shopping mall/movie theatre/large park.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

You hear a rumour that Captain Jack will be teaming up with Midshipman Frame as agents of the Shadow Proclimaton, and you immediately think of Adam West and Burt Ward as Batman and Robin.
                sigpic

Comment

you burst out laughing upon seeing in Facebook that 'Vashta Nerada' is someone's name.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

You're watching "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" on DVD and in one episode you spot a young woman with long blonde hair being clubbed to the ground by a Robo Man, and you think she looks like Rose.
                    sigpic

Comment

.... you have/make songs about Doctor who

N.B i have songs, i have not written any

i like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi4izfvXo4
                      sigpic
                      Dr. Nicholas Rush: Ultimately, I control this ship.
                      Watching:How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Glee, Fringe, The Mentalist, Castle, Sanctuary | Re-watching: SG1, SGU

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefreek View Post
                        .... you have/make songs about Doctor who

N.B i have songs, i have not written any

i like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi4izfvXo4
                        I love chameleon circuit!! I bought the album

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          I love chameleon circuit!! I bought the album
                          same here i just cant stop listening to it
                          sigpic
                          Dr. Nicholas Rush: Ultimately, I control this ship.
                          Watching:How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Glee, Fringe, The Mentalist, Castle, Sanctuary | Re-watching: SG1, SGU

Comment

i was playing blackjack on gaia online and well, the dealers have life counters and when they reach zero, you get a cash bonus and the dealer changes... there are three seperate dealers... the third dealer is the cardbot, which is as it sounds, a robot.... the dealers also tend to smack talk....

cardbot [( as it starts its first hand )]: prepare to be exterminated...
                            me [( yelling at my computer )]: wtf?! oh no you didn't b****! you are not a dalek!

me [( when i defeated the cardbot )]: everything must die b****!

my sn on gaia is blaidd_wolfe [( b/c blaidd drwg and bad wolf were already taken )]
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

You see a pub named "A Noble House" and think of Donna.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

You're watching "Spearhead from Space", which is the first Jon Pertwee story, the first Dr. Who shot in colour, and the first appearance of the Autons.

In ep four, UNIT are fighting the Autons - without much success, as "Bullets aren't working sir!"

I found myself thinking "Autons are made of plastic, yeah? Plastic melts when you set light to it, yes? Why didn't the Brig order up a couple of flame-throwers from the UNIT armoury? Or even a few white phosphorus grenades at a pinch?"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X