You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    I've only been and gone and fed my addiction, haven't I?

Bought "The Rescue", "The Romans", "The War Machines" (never seen any of them), "Four to Doomsday", and "Attack of the Cybermen".
    All great stories with excellent special features!

I got my DVD of The Deadly Assassin on Saturday. Not officially out until tomorrow (Monday, 11th May) but on-line shop Play.com are *that* good!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      All great stories with excellent special features!

I got my DVD of The Deadly Assassin on Saturday. Not officially out until tomorrow (Monday, 11th May) but on-line shop Play.com are *that* good!
      I find it incredibly interesting that the likes of Play.com ship stuff out early.

As I've previously mentioned, I work for Amazon.co.uk - and certain publishers (Disney for example) will kick up merry hell if items are released to customers before the official release date.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
        Seasons 3 and 4 were sooooo much better. Cute as Billie Piper is, I preferred Martha and Donna as companions.
        Hell yes! weve only watched half the season so far but his favourite is the queens coronation

ill persuade him to buy season 3 next
        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

hehe I may just have to start a legitimate Doctor Who club here on campus next year! I love my school! there's four people (including myself) who've just kinda wound up getting together for Doctor Who on random nights
          Spoiler:
          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
          I caught frogs and called them prince
          And made myself a queen
          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
          I slept in castles and fell in love
          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
          To capture tinkerbell
          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
          And anything I can to get by
          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

You Know You're a Whovian When... I see a notice up on the wall saying the Manchester Lounge is available for booking, and I then think about the 2005 story The End of the World where many alien species used the Manchester Lounge on-board spacestation Platform One to observe Earth's destruction.

Seasons 3 and 4 were sooooo much better. Cute as Billie Piper is, I preferred Martha and Donna as companions.
            Ditto to that bit in bold! I sincerely hope that Rose's story is done now. Closed. Finished. I don't want to see her back.

Originally posted by Otera View Post
            hehe I may just have to start a legitimate Doctor Who club here on campus next year! I love my school! there's four people (including myself) who've just kinda wound up getting together for Doctor Who on random nights
            That's what I like to hear!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Ditto to that bit in bold! I sincerely hope that Rose's story is done now. Closed. Finished. I don't want to see her back.
              Indeed. From what I've read, she and the rest of DT's companions are back for the last special this year, but other than that, if they drag her back again, I'm gonna hurt somebody...
              Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
              "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
              sigpic
              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Indeed. From what I've read, she and the rest of DT's companions are back for the last special this year, but other than that, if they drag her back again, I'm gonna hurt somebody...
                definately. if blondie comes back i will tear out my hair. HEED THIS TPTB! bring her back and there will be an uprising!
                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                  definately. if blondie comes back i will tear out my hair. HEED THIS TPTB! bring her back and there will be an uprising!
                  If...and I stress the word IF here...IF TPTB have to bring her back then please, god, just let it be for a brief cameo appearance! Nothing more. Nothing less. I'd prefer nothing at all to be honest.

But as I understand it, Billie Piper...who I must say I don't have a problem with, it's only Rose...is currently filming The Secret Diary of a Call Girl in London so I personally can't see how she can be fitted in to Doctor Who's schedule.

Comment

If...and I stress the word IF here...IF TPTB have to bring her back then please, god, just let it be for a brief cameo appearance! Nothing more. Nothing less. I'd prefer nothing at all to be honest.

But as I understand it, Billie Piper...who I must say I don't have a problem with, it's only Rose...is currently filming The Secret Diary of a Call Girl in London so I personally can't see how she can be fitted in to Doctor Who's schedule.
                    I think it's only for a brief appearance in the special... I'm glad she's busy with SDOCG... Keeps Rose out of DW... For which I am eternally grateful...
                    Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                    "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                    sigpic
                    dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Rose was alright in the beginning... and promptly became a pain in the neck with her clinginess...
                      Spoiler:
                      Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                      I caught frogs and called them prince
                      And made myself a queen
                      Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                      I slept in castles and fell in love
                      Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                      To capture tinkerbell
                      They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                      But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                      And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                      And anything I can to get by
                      And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I just want to know how they're going to get around Donna meeting the Doctor again, and her head not exploding...
                        Last edited by BruTak; 11 May 2009, 11:40 PM. Reason: Typo.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

You're a whovian when you quote the doctor in a regular conversation.
                          (I did it yesterday)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            I just want to know how they're going to get around Donna meeting the Doctor again, and her head not exploding...

I don't think it would explode. You'd never see a human head explode on the Beeb.... Her eyes would glow then she'd die. Oorrrrr maybe she'd regenerate into Romana LOL...... "kidding"
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I don't think it would explode. You'd never see a human head explode on the Beeb.... Her eyes would glow then she'd die. Oorrrrr maybe she'd regenerate into Romana LOL...... "kidding"
                              Well, you've obviously never heard of the infamous "melting man" scene in the Seventh Doctor story "Dragonfire", have you?

Remember what happened to the nasty Nazis at the end of Radiers of the Lost Ark? Like that, only on a TV budget.

Caused quite a stir back in 1987, I can tell you...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                                You're a whovian when you quote the doctor in a regular conversation.
                                (I did it yesterday)
                                Or in a break up conversation, "I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I." Got halfway through saying it before realising it was a Doctor Who quote but at that point it was too late to stop, I don't think she realised it was a quote though and found it amusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X