You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    When you get that (very) slightly irritated feeling that your UK friends get to see the finale 6 hours before you do...
    I think I know how you feel.
    I've got to wait for the repeat. Or see it on the BBC's iPlayer. And I live in the UK.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

... when you watch the season 6 finale and then start formulating theories about next season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        ... when you watch the season 6 finale and then start formulating theories about next season.
        I am told that there will be clues to next year in the forthcoming Doctor Who Brilliant Book 2012.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

...You are moved to tears when Doctor Who acknowledges the passing of Nicholas Courtney by confirming the in-universe passing away of the character he played on and off for 41-years - Colonel / Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. But equally moved that it is the time catching up with his dearest and oldest friend that inspires the Doctor to finally let time catch up with him too so he can face his destiny in Utah.

REST IN PEACE
          COLONEL / BRIGADIER SIR ALISTAIR GORDON LETHBRIDGE-STEWART

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Agreed.

....... when you want someone to invent a stasis booth, so you can get inside & your relatives can let you out in time for the Christmas episode (and mince pies).

Comment

mmmm, mince pies...

rest in peace Colonel/Brigadier
              sigpic

Comment

...you suddenly realise just how much Steven Moffat lied to the fanbase!
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                  ...you suddenly realise just how much Steven Moffat lied to the fanbase!
                  What are you talking about??

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    What are you talking about??
                    Steven Moffat said, that there were not going to be ANY Daleks in this season. Guess what turned up in the last episode?

Also, these Nazis:

and possibly Naked River Song:

never appeared in the season either. They were only in the trailer.

Add to that, Moffat said that questions would be answered by the time the finale rolled around. Hardly anything got answered at all:
                    (Who the Silence really were, and why Kovarian was so desperate to have the Doctor dead. Kovarian could not have possibly known that the Doctor's death was meant to be a fixed point in time, before being captured by Amy and tied up in Area 52).

One more thing;
                    The Doctor's true identity being the question that Dorium was talking about. Saw that coming a mile off since it is a question that the fanbase has asked since the very beginning.
                    Last edited by Billz; 02 October 2011, 04:02 PM.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Steven Moffat said, that there were not going to be ANY Daleks in this season. Guess what turned up in the last episode?

Also, these Nazis:

and possibly Naked River Song:

never appeared in the season either. They were only in the trailer.
                      Deleted scenes.

Add to that, Moffat said that questions would be answered by the time the finale rolled around. Hardly anything got answered at all:
                      (Who the Silence really were, and why Kovarian was so desperate to have the Doctor dead. Kovarian could not have possibly known that the Doctor's death was meant to be a fixed point in time, before being captured by Amy and tied up in Area 52).
                      The Silence is a religious order of great power and secrecy who referred to themselves as the Sentinels of History. Their core belief was that on the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question that must never be answered will be asked: the first question, hidden in plain sight.

The Silence were bent on killing The Doctor since they believe him to be the only one who knew the answer to The Question and that there will come a time when The Question is asked.

Dorium told The Doctor that “silence will fall [when the question is asked]” was, in fact, a poor translation. He revealed that the core tenet of The Silence was actually that the question must never be answered and that, in context, “silence must fall [when the question is asked]” was a better translation.

Dorium also revealed to The Doctor that The Question was "doctor who?".

All from The Wedding of River Song. Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Deleted scenes.

The Silence is a religious order of great power and secrecy who referred to themselves as the Sentinels of History. Their core belief was that on the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question that must never be answered will be asked: the first question, hidden in plain sight.

The Silence were bent on killing The Doctor since they believe him to be the only one who knew the answer to The Question and that there will come a time when The Question is asked.

Dorium told The Doctor that “silence will fall [when the question is asked]” was, in fact, a poor translation. He revealed that the core tenet of The Silence was actually that the question must never be answered and that, in context, “silence must fall [when the question is asked]” was a better translation.

Dorium also revealed to The Doctor that The Question was "doctor who?".

All from The Wedding of River Song. Anything else?
                        Maybe Billz was referring to the lack of backstory on Kovarian? Other than the fact she appears to be the primary servant of the Silence, we've gotten nothing about how & why she came to hate the Doctor and his companions and how she came to willingly serve the Silence in the first place. That would be the only critique of the finale I have at this point as I personally want more development with the villains. I'm hoping more of her backstory as well as the Silence's backstory, will be covered next year.
                        sigpic

Comment

you know you are whovian when you are out for a run with the pup and you keep shining the flashlight over your back in expectation of a Silence to step out from the trees.

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                            you know you are whovian when you are out for a run with the pup and you keep shining the flashlight over your back in expectation of a Silence to step out from the trees.
                            One did, you just don't remember

Comment

...you realise that there are actually 3 instances of River Song by Lake Silencio during the Doctor's "death".

(Future River on the lake side who knew what was going on but couldn't say anything, Present River in spacesuit, and Fetus River inside Amy Pond's womb).

I still think that Amy was swapped with her Flesh avatar when she was taken by the unknown aliens (formally, the Silence) in the abandoned orphanage, and that he Flesh avatar was the Amy that was rescued by the Doctor, Rory and River in the unknown alien's TARDIS.
                              Last edited by Billz; 03 October 2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

... you have a dream about Doctor Who and then is subsequently inspired to write a story about it.

...you realise that there are actually 3 instances of River Song by Lake Silencio during the Doctor's "death".

(Future River on the lake side who knew what was going on but couldn't say anything, Present River in spacesuit, and Fetus River inside Amy Pond's womb).

I still think that Amy was swapped with her Flesh avatar when she was taken by the unknown aliens (formally, the Silence) in the abandoned orphanage, and that he Flesh avatar was the Amy that was rescued by the Doctor, Rory and River in the unknown alien's TARDIS.
                                I'm inclined to think the same thing about Amy's abduction--that it was the real Amy that went to the US but that when she had that long extended encounter with the Silence inside the orphanage, she was replaced there. She had her first "vision" of Kovarian inside the orphanage looking at a door so I'm thinking she was taken right before that scene, probably when she saw the numerous amounts of Silence hanging from the ceiling.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X