No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You keep calling your wife "Romana" when her real name is Amy.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

...you suspect that the season 32 finale "The Wedding Of River Song" might have a Classic Who character in it, in his own personal time line before he made his first appearence in "The Curse Of Fenric"! O_O

Spoiler:
      "The Wedding Of River Song" feautres a character called Fenric, who challenges the Doctor to a game of chess with dire consequences if the Doctor loses. This is exactly what happens in part 4 of "The Curse Of Fenric" (season 26, serial 3) with the character and the 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy). Otherwise known as my favourite serial from Classic Who!
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Interesting.
        sigpic

Comment

I went back and watched "The Curse of Fenric" Billz, funny how....

Spoiler:
          The Doctor had to make Ace lose her faith in him in order to defeat Fenric, much as he had to cause Amy to also lose her faith in him in "The God Complex".
          sigpic

Comment

When you know the episode where the 4th Doctor's scarf made it's final appearance.

Ace_scarf.jpg

"The Greatest Show in the Galaxy"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
              When you know the episode where the 4th Doctor's scarf made it's final appearance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32039[/ATTACH]

"The Greatest Show in the Galaxy"
              A very long scarf appeared in The Christmas Invasion too.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Yeah, but the one Ace is sporting for the last time there, is one of Tom's actual scarves.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                  Yeah, but the one Ace is sporting for the last time there, is one of Tom's actual scarves.
                  So then it is the last appearance of a scarf actually worn by Tom Baker. I do see what you are saying...but the last appearance of a scarf that would have been worn by the Doctor's fourth incarnation was in The Christmas Invasion. Its just the difference between actor and character.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Right you are! 4thDoctorthumb.gif
                    sigpic

Comment

When you go to a Doctor Who themed dress up party!
                      And there wasnt a costume there i didnt know!

Comment

Mark Gatiss's character name in "The Wedding Of River Song" has been revealed to be Gantok, and not Fenric as I was previously lead to believe.

Last time I trust IMDB. Consider my earlier statement about the character voided.

But saying that, 4htDoctor is exactly right, about the 7th Doctor making Ace lose faith in him so that he could defeat Fenric, and the same basic premise being used by the 11th Doctor on Amy in "The God Complex".

There were classic connections. Just, not as many as I had previously thought. My bad.
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

...You're so excited for the next episode you want it to be Saturday NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            ...You're so excited for the next episode you want it to be Saturday NOW!!!
                            Alan, when are you ever NOT excited for Saturday?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Alan, when are you ever NOT excited for Saturday?
                              At the end of a current series. After that I want it to be Christmas NOW! If, however, Christmas Day falls on a Saturday...well then its perfect.

Comment

When a friend sends you a picture of Karen Gillan. As they know you are a fan...
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X