No announcement yet.

Rose/Doctor Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl in the Fireplace was heartbreaking for both of them. I think in some ways it highlighted how absolutely alone the Doctor feels all the time. He's always trying to surround himself with people to fill the void. Even if it's a flash in the pan romance.

Rose was much more mature in this one. She wasn't as insecure here as she was in the previous one with Sarah Jane. I've read some fics though and I remember fic writers absolutely HATING Reinette.

Wonderful shippy moments. Talking about "You're not keeping the horse." "I let you keep Mickey" Like they're discussing which pets they're going to keep. Plus a real couple-y type moment when she's talking to the steampunk robots and he sweeps in after the party. Loved that bit.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Girl in the Fireplace was heartbreaking for both of them. I think in some ways it highlighted how absolutely alone the Doctor feels all the time. He's always trying to surround himself with people to fill the void. Even if it's a flash in the pan romance.

Rose was much more mature in this one. She wasn't as insecure here as she was in the previous one with Sarah Jane. I've read some fics though and I remember fic writers absolutely HATING Reinette.

Wonderful shippy moments. Talking about "You're not keeping the horse." "I let you keep Mickey" Like they're discussing which pets they're going to keep. Plus a real couple-y type moment when she's talking to the steampunk robots and he sweeps in after the party. Loved that bit.
        Eh, I'll admit this episode is not a favorite of mine. And the first time or two I watched it I did resent Reinette and the way she presumed to know so much about the Doctor. But I've lightened up considerable whenever I rewatch GITF and the impact it once had on me has diminished. Reinette doesn't bother me anymore. I guess the episode itself could resemble the Doctor's life. He'll keep going and those he loves (human companions)will eventually die.

From what I've heard, Moffat wrote this episode beforehand without knowing about School Reunion, hence the reason Rose seemed more mature when it came to Doctor/Reinette. And I think I'd preferred it that way anyway. I hate when women are constantly written as jealous, clingy and/or possessive.

And yes, the scenes you just mentioned are amongst my favorites. I also enjoyed watching Rose and Mickey exploring the spaceship together and Arthur following the Doctor around the ship.
        sigpic
        Sig by (x)

Comment

My favorite episode from series 2.

Spoiler:
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

I'm not sure which S2 is my favorite. Tooth and Claw? Idiot Lantern? Fear Her? I just know I'm not a fan of Love and Monsters. It doesn't have any point except to give David and Billie a break from the shooting schedule.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure which S2 is my favorite. Tooth and Claw? Idiot Lantern? Fear Her? I just know I'm not a fan of Love and Monsters. It doesn't have any point except to give David and Billie a break from the shooting schedule.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Dr%20Who%20stuffs/Doctor%20Rose/normal_DW207-0297_zpseab70325.jpg
              Neither am I.
              sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                    Good chills or bad chills?
                    Very solemn chills -as normally overcomes me when a particularly powerful memory shoots straight to my heart with all of the joy, pain, and sorrow rolled up together.

Looking at this image I can just hear Rose saying, "Camilla".
                    Your thoughts on Girl in the Fireplace, Everlovin?
                    My favorite episode from series 2.
                    *snicker*

I loved David acting as Cassandra!

...and I love the accusation: you think he's foxy! I know...I was in your head.

I think Tooth and Claw is one of my all time favorites.

I completely agree about Love and Monsters. While I like the idea of following a group of regular people who have been inspired by the Doctor and seeing that angle of his life (how he influences regular people), the episode devolved to downright silly -unbelievable in a show where we accept most unbelievable plot twists.

Oh my!
                    *murmurs of appreciation*

Have you read any of Gail Delaney's fanfic for these two?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      Very solemn chills -as normally overcomes me when a particularly powerful memory shoots straight to my heart with all of the joy, pain, and sorrow rolled up together.

*snicker*

I loved David acting as Cassandra!

...and I love the accusation: you think he's foxy! I know...I was in your head.

I think Tooth and Claw is one of my all time favorites.

I completely agree about Love and Monsters. While I like the idea of following a group of regular people who have been inspired by the Doctor and seeing that angle of his life (how he influences regular people), the episode devolved to downright silly -unbelievable in a show where we accept most unbelievable plot twists.

Oh my!
                      *murmurs of appreciation*

I'm trying to remember if I have. I must admit I haven't read all that much Doctor Who fic. I've read some unbelievably wonderful ones, but not the amount I've read for Stargate. I need to go look her stuff up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        I've read a lot of D/R fanfic, but I don't believe I've ever read any of hers before. I'll need to go take a look at her fics when I can.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by (x)

Comment

Ok, I thought I had Gail Delaney's author page favorited in FF.net but I don't. Anyone have a link or a way to search FF.net?
                          sigpic

Comment

Although, I was looking through the authors I do have favorited and found this little gem. How Did I get Here
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok, I thought I had Gail Delaney's author page favorited in FF.net but I don't. Anyone have a link or a way to search FF.net?
                              From what I can tell it looks like she goes by KissHerJack on ff.net.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by (x)

Comment

In that case, I have her favorited. Thank you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X