X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
    Interesting article I read regarding RTD. Here's the link:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-5825.html
    Yeah, I read about it a while ago on Outpost Gallifrey. Im kinda glad RTD is leaving Doctor Who. But atleast he made Torchwood which is good to see what Capt. Jack is up to on Earth.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Speaking of Torchwood, the Season One boxed set is due out on the 19th of November.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

And speaking of
        Spoiler:
        RTD's maybe leaving Dr Who, will Stephen Moffat take over, we can only hope

Comment

I really do hope he does, he's one of my favorite (if not my most favorite) Who writers!
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            I really do hope he does, he's one of my favorite (if not my most favorite) Who writers!
            Me too! Definitely my favourite. He's gone three for three on my favourite episodes of each season.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Me too! Definitely my favourite. He's gone three for three on my favourite episodes of each season.
              And for me too

Comment

Originally posted by orii7 View Post
                Yeah, I read about it a while ago on Outpost Gallifrey. Im kinda glad RTD is leaving Doctor Who. But atleast he made Torchwood which is good to see what Capt. Jack is up to on Earth.
                it doesn't say anywhere that he's leaving DW, even though i wish he would, just that this project will occupy him in the '09 hiatus
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Sontarans Revealed!

The official site has revealed the first pics of the returning Sontarans.

Spoiler:

The episode with them is also the episode when Martha returns.

Comment

Hmmm... Not sure about the new look Sontarans, maybe it'll grow on me. Love the honkin' great gun though - maybe the Sontarans will shoot Donna with it?

It's just a shame there's no Donna action figure yet. It's bonfire night tomorrow...
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The actual Sontaran head looks pretty good IMO - it's basically the same as the old ones, but better quality - but I'm not sure on the outfit.

Comment

I think it might work better once they dirty it up a bit.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                          I think it might work better once they dirty it up a bit.
                          Yeah, a bit of weathering and "battle damage" would do wonders. Maybe even a small scar or two on the Sontaran's face?
                          sigpic

Comment

November 4 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7076705.stm

excerpt:

Doctor faces Sontarans once again

A group of Doctor Who's enemies - the Sontarans - will be revived, 35 years after first appearing in the BBC drama.

The warriors will feature in an episode which will also mark the return of Freema Agyeman as Martha Jones.

She will run into the Doctor's new companion - Donna Noble, played by Catherine Tate - for the first time.

Another plot for the new series will be a meeting between the Doctor and Agatha Christie, and guest stars will include Felicity Kendal and Sarah Lancashire.

There will also be appearances from Tim McInnerny, who played Percy in the first two series of Blackadder and Captain Darling in the fourth.

Peter Capaldi - a fierce spin doctor in political satire The Thick of It - and Phil Davis, who appeared in Quadrophenia and Bleak House, will also be seen on the show, the BBC has confirmed.

The series, once again starring David Tennant as the Doctor, is due to be seen in the UK next spring. Filming is under way in Cardiff.

MORE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              Sontarans Revealed!

The official site has revealed the first pics of the returning Sontarans.

Spoiler:

The episode with them is also the episode when Martha returns.
                              I dont really like the look of the new Sontarans. The skin is diffrent colored than the original ones and the costume looks horrible.

By the way, the new ones have Teeth when the old ones had no visible teeth.

One thing I hope they keep with the new ones is the voice and the way they move. That is one of the things I liked about the Sontarans so lets hope that these new ones wont mess up the look & feel of The Sontaran race. Because if they did change it, then The Sontarans wont be much of a "special" enemy that they were in the old Doctor Who.

In the old one, they were soldiers fighting The Rutans and trying to find ways to win the war and to keep The Sontarans living longer and better ways to live than cloning.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Regarding James Marsters on Torchwood- whether he'll be using his English accent, and his character has a name.

http://www.bostonnow.com/entertainme...e-spike-behind

Spoiler:
                                BN: And you're doing Torchwood, too.
                                JM: (laughing) I hope America can deal with Torchwood. I thought I was going to do this nasty Dr. Who spin-off over in England because, you know, English people are kind of randy. They like their entertainment a little spicier than Americans can deal with, frankly.

BN: Are you bringing back the accent (much to the shock of many of his fans, Marsters is from California, not England)?
                                JM: Yes. I decided I was going to England so I should have an English accent. I got the script and he's a total criminal, so he should be lower class, and then immediately I'm in Spike territory.

BN: Was it easy to slide into?
                                JM: Completely. The nice thing was that there is a difference to the two characters that was central; Spike was a romantic, he would only date one person at a time, whereas this new character, Captain John, will do anything that moves. (Laughing) In the script is said "anything with a zip code." I'm introduced and kiss the hell out of the male lead and then kick his ass. Or maybe he kicks my ass. We kick each other's ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X