• Time
  • Show
Clear All

only because it explains
    Spoiler:
    how the titanic got inside the artificial tardis dimension
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

IIRC, back when Virgin was publishing 8th Doctor novels, one of the companions was a girl called Compassion who was
      Spoiler:
      a prototype "human TARDIS"

*Rubs chin thoughtfully*

Hmmmm....
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

really... hmmm... well the only DW cool i ever read was 'the 8 doctors' the better part of a decade ago so i didn't know that.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I only dipped in and out of the later 8th Doctor novels.

They went off on a bit of a mad tangent that was really hard to follow unless you religiously followed the whole series.
          Last edited by BruTak; 29 October 2007, 12:43 AM.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Fifth Doctor guesting for CiN special: I'm interested.

The Sun rumour:

Spoiler:
            Yeah I know of the companion that turned into a TARDIS during the 8th Doctor series...

...but I reckoned the author must have been smoking something strange. Seriously warped idea but 'might' work!

Female Master? Would work, even if the old schoolers would think it a waste of the Rani!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Does anyone have a list of the bonus features for the series three DVDs? I haven't managed to find one anywhere, and I'm curious if one has been released and I've just missed it.

Comment

According to TV Zone, the series three DVD boxed set is released on Monday November 5th.

Which means that it'll be all I see at work (an Amazon distributuion centre) on Friday night).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  According to TV Zone, the series three DVD boxed set is released on Monday November 5th.

Which means that it'll be all I see at work (an Amazon distributuion centre) on Friday night).
                  You guys get it on the 5th! We have to wait a whole extra day! *sigh* Eight days to go. My family missed "Blink" and I'm dying for them to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    My family missed "Blink" and I'm dying for them to see it.
                    Quite frankly, "Blink" scared the living poo out of me... I'm 37, been a Who fan since I was but a wee boy of four, and I had serious trouble sleeping the night "Blink" was on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Quite frankly, "Blink" scared the living poo out of me... I'm 37, been a Who fan since I was but a wee boy of four, and I had serious trouble sleeping the night "Blink" was on.
                      Love it.

The first thing on television to freak me out since when I was twelve-ish and William B. Davis did the introductions to each episode of "Taken" on CBC. The show didn't scare me.....he did.

Actually, the Gentlemen on Buffy were pretty scary as well. That makes three things on tv that have scared me.

Like I said, love it, and it'll be the first episode on the DVDs that I watch.

Comment

Blink was the best thing I've seen for ages, I was actually hugging a cushion as I watched it, not quite behind the sofa but damn near it

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          Does anyone have a list of the bonus features for the series three DVDs? I haven't managed to find one anywhere, and I'm curious if one has been released and I've just missed it.
                          The only thing I've seen to that effect comes from DWM #387:

Disc One:
                          The Runaway Bride...commentary by Russell T Davies and David Tennant
                          DWC..."Music and Monsters"
                          Freema Agyeman's tour of the studio
                          Out-takes
                          Deleted Scenes
                          David Tennant's video diary for The Runaway Bride

Disc Two:
                          Smith & Jones...commentary by RTD and DT
                          The Shakespeare Code...commentary by DT and Christina Cole (Lilith)
                          Gridlock...commentary by Julie Gardner, Travis Oliver (Milo), and visual effects producer Marie Jones
                          BBC One trailers
                          David Tennant's video Diaries for eps. 1-3

Disc Three:
                          Daleks In Manhattan...commentary by writer Helen Raynor, costume designer Louise Page, and Miranda Raison (Tallulah)
                          Evolution of the Daleks...commentary by David Tennant, voice actor Nicholas Briggs, and vis fx producer Barney Curnow
                          The Lazarus Experiment...commentary by vis fx producer Will Cohen and Reggie Yates (Leo)
                          42...commentary by RTD and Chris Chibnall
                          BBC One trailers

Disc Four:
                          Human Nature...commentary by director Charles Palmer, writer Paul Cornell and composer Murray Gold
                          The Family of Blood...commentary by producer Susie Liggat, art director Arwel Jones and production manager Tracie Simpson
                          Blink...commentary by Steven Moffat and Murray Gold
                          David Tennant's video diaries for eps. 4-9, plus video diary for The Weakest Link
                          Easter Egg

Disc Five:
                          Utopia...commentary by RTD and David Tennant
                          The Sound Of Drums...commentary by Julie Gardner and producer Phil Collinson
                          Last of the Time Lords...commentary by David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and John Barrowman
                          David Tennant's video diaries for eps 11-13
                          BBC One trailers

Disc Six:
                          13 eps of Doctor Who Confidential

I'm glad to see that David is taking part in so many of the commentaries...I'm also excited to see the Weakest Link video diary.
                          LiveJournal

"I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be a Time Lord...it just took me a while to figure it out."
                          David Hewlett, SciFi Magazine, April 2008

Comment

Yea and his video diaries. Its soo nice they do video diaries...
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser View Post
                              The only thing I've seen to that effect comes from DWM #387:

Disc One:
                              The Runaway Bride...commentary by Russell T Davies and David Tennant
                              DWC..."Music and Monsters"
                              Freema Agyeman's tour of the studio
                              Out-takes
                              Deleted Scenes
                              David Tennant's video diary for The Runaway Bride

Disc Two:
                              Smith & Jones...commentary by RTD and DT
                              The Shakespeare Code...commentary by DT and Christina Cole (Lilith)
                              Gridlock...commentary by Julie Gardner, Travis Oliver (Milo), and visual effects producer Marie Jones
                              BBC One trailers
                              David Tennant's video Diaries for eps. 1-3

Disc Three:
                              Daleks In Manhattan...commentary by writer Helen Raynor, costume designer Louise Page, and Miranda Raison (Tallulah)
                              Evolution of the Daleks...commentary by David Tennant, voice actor Nicholas Briggs, and vis fx producer Barney Curnow
                              The Lazarus Experiment...commentary by vis fx producer Will Cohen and Reggie Yates (Leo)
                              42...commentary by RTD and Chris Chibnall
                              BBC One trailers

Disc Four:
                              Human Nature...commentary by director Charles Palmer, writer Paul Cornell and composer Murray Gold
                              The Family of Blood...commentary by producer Susie Liggat, art director Arwel Jones and production manager Tracie Simpson
                              Blink...commentary by Steven Moffat and Murray Gold
                              David Tennant's video diaries for eps. 4-9, plus video diary for The Weakest Link
                              Easter Egg

Disc Five:
                              Utopia...commentary by RTD and David Tennant
                              The Sound Of Drums...commentary by Julie Gardner and producer Phil Collinson
                              Last of the Time Lords...commentary by David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and John Barrowman
                              David Tennant's video diaries for eps 11-13
                              BBC One trailers

Disc Six:
                              13 eps of Doctor Who Confidential

I'm glad to see that David is taking part in so many of the commentaries...I'm also excited to see the Weakest Link video diary.
                              Thank you! *salivates* Good to know it looks like we'll be getting our money's worth! These look like they're going to be excellent commentaries. DT, FA and JB! Together! Excellent to see DT in on so many. And easter egg! Deleted scenes! Outtakes! Video Diaries! DW confidential! Other shows need to take note on this. This is how to put together a set of bonus features.

One week to go!

Comment

Interesting article I read regarding RTD. Here's the link:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-5825.html

Comment

Working...
                                X