X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Part III (continued from above))

Interview with John Bishop (Dan Lewis):

What can audiences expect from the New Year's Day special, what kind of adventure do the trio go on?
    It’s like a time loop, in the time loop it finds us in Manchester on New Year’s Eve where the Daleks are about to take out the Doctor forever. The problem that we face is that every time there’s a potential to interrupt them we get caught by them and get exterminated and have to start again. And that’s the maddest of all experiences because obviously (after) extermination by a Dalek, there’s no going back.
    So to have actually been one of the few characters ever to have survived the Dalek extermination in fact I think, ever, is a bit of an honour. It’s also a bit of an odd thing because how do you die? There are different ways of dying but when a Dalek exterminates you, you sort of freeze. I kept on trying to make it better every time!

We’ve heard this is a very fun special, with a comedy element in there too?
    The relationship between Aisling (Bea) and Adjani (Salmon) is great - there are some ad libs they dropped in which Chris kept in as they are great comic actors and both very funny. It’s fast-paced, because it’s a loop the narrative keeps changing so it’s a fast pace, it’s got to start and restart itself a lot throughout the episode.

It’s contained because of where’s it’s taking place in a warehouse in Manchester and it’s fun! Anything to do with something as iconic as the Daleks is bound to be fun but this is a massive step up, from my point of view as anyone who gets a part in Doctor Who hopes there may be a scene with the Daleks. You don’t always expect to get this interaction with them, it’s brilliant!

How was it working with Aisling Bea and Adjani Salmon?
    Aisling I know from stand-up, I’ve known her for a long time and we’ve gigged together but we’ve never acted together and Adjani none of us knew (beforehand) I don’t think. It was just easy, and it felt very comfortable straight away. There was a sense of claustrophobia a little bit because we’re in this warehouse, but it was all filmed in a bunker, people were saying was a nuclear bunker – it felt like one even if it wasn’t one! There was no room not to get on with each other because we were literally underground for a few weeks filming it.

Did you have any standout memories from being on set?
    Aisling (Bea) can flip her voices and characters and all that so there was loads of messing about and having a laugh. Obviously the Daleks themselves, they stay on set and when the actors (playing them) aren’t in the Dalek you just find yourself sat having a cup of tea leaning against a Dalek, talking with Adjani about football! It was just bizarre.

This episode is all about time loops, if you were stuck in a time loop yourself and had to repeat a big moment what would you do again?
    I’ve had loads of fantastic moments throughout my life and career. It sounds naff but the last proper holiday we went on before lockdown was in the Maldives and there’s been many a time over the last couple of years I thought “I’d do that again!” So if I could get stuck in a time loop I wouldn’t mind being in a nice hotel in the Maldives!

Where do we find Dan in this special?
    He’s comfortable with the Doctor and Mandip and he’s a comfortable time traveller. It’s still clear that he has a hankering to go home at some stage in his life. He’s definitely enjoying it and has got confidence to contribute to what is going on. He takes the responsibility at certain times in the episode to be the person who makes a difference whereas prior to this he wasn’t ready to do that, he wasn’t able to.

If he had a New Year’s resolution at this point, what do you think it would be?
    I think to be more proactive and take charge - I think there’s a point in this episode where he decides to take on the Dalek and delay them.

Are you a fan of New Year’s Day? Do you have any New Year’s Day traditions?
    We started going away for New Year and we go to a hotel with friends and our New Year’s Day tradition is to get up and walk to the pub through some fields and then walk back, regardless of the weather and the sore heads from the night before!

Interview with Adjani Salmon (Nick):

What can audiences expect from Eve Of The Daleks?
    It’s about a shy and lovestruck character who is trying to build up the courage to profess his feelings for Sarah (Aisling Bea), and that gets interrupted by Daleks! They end up in a time loop where he has to do so before time runs out!

How was it working with Jodie, John and Mandip? Did you and Aisling immediately slot into the dynamic?
    It felt like we were welcomed into a family. It felt like I was invited to someone’s family barbecue - everyone is welcoming and offering food and wants to show you what’s happening! Immediately before I even met Jodie and the rest of the cast, Jodie reached out and asked for my number to say she was glad I was coming on the show so before I even met her I was already welcomed by her. It was good fun and we had loads of great chats!

We heard there was a music video being created on set?
    Yes - Aisling, Mandip and Jodie decided they were the new Girls Aloud and I was the cameraman!

This episode is all about time loops, if you had to repeat any day from your own life on a loop what would it be?
    There was a time I went to a friend’s birthday at Dunn’s River Falls – which is a waterfall that falls into the sea. It was waterfalls, beach, rum, music and friends – that would be the day.

What would Nick’s New Year’s resolution be?
    After all that he’s been through I think his New Year’s resolution would be to be brave to pursue whatever he wants.

How was it working with the Daleks?
    The actors (in the Daleks) are so great – I didn’t even know actors were in there! There are so many things that you don’t know about Doctor Who until you’re doing it. Nick (Briggs) who actually speaks, speaks live and you hear him live as well. The first take we did I think was when the Daleks come and I react to them and when he spoke I couldn’t believe it – that was a real reaction!

Do you have any New Year’s Day traditions?
    New Year’s Eve is normally partying with friends and family. The day is very much about reflecting on the past year and setting goals that you want to achieve throughout the year.

What was your biggest surprise filming Doctor Who, apart from actors being inside the Daleks?
    One thing I took away is how much easier it is when you have a solid team. The entire Doctor Who clique is like a family and a unit. It feels like a family working together and when we were in high pressure environment it was still this synergy of everyone working and moving and getting it done. As a filmmaker I’m watching it thinking “I want this energy when I’m on set!”

(CONTINUED BELOW)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

(Part IV (continued from above))

Interview with Chris Chibnall (Showrunner):

Can you give us an overview of the New Year’s Day special?
      In the New Year’s Day special we are in a storage facility in Manchester and ten minutes to midnight on New Year’s Eve and it’s a time travel loop romantic comedy with Daleks, Aisling Bea and Adjani Salmon. The Doctor lands the TARDIS in a place she’s not expecting to land in order to reset it from the damage done to it in the Flux in the previous series. She has to face continuously escaping Daleks in a time loop and save the lives of the two people who are there on New Year’s Eve.

How complicated was it to write a time loop story?
      It was incredibly complicated - I have the grid on my whiteboard at home! But that was the challenge of it, that was the delight of it and we hadn’t really done an episode like this. The idea of doing a romantic comedy with Daleks as the obstacle felt nice, the idea of doing a time loop romantic comedy felt really nice. It takes a lot of work but also the delight of the decreasing amount of time across each time loop, so each time loop was separately plotted…it took a lot of work and it was really rewarding.

How did Aisling Bea and Adjani Salmon come to be involved?
      It was written for Aisling to be honest. I talked to her very early on, we’d wanted her in the show, we thought about this story and I spoke to her and said “this is what we’re thinking of doing and would you be up for it?” She was great, she was really super positive and amazing as she is, and she agreed to do it! And with Adjani, Rebecca Roughan, one of our script editors had seen his work on Dreaming Whilst Black - his show that he’d done on both YouTube and a now as a BBC Three pilot – and went “he’s a star!” He is a star as Aisling is a star, so we roped him in as well and they are a brilliant double act and we are really lucky to have them in what is ostensibly a two hander.

What’s the relationship between Jodie, John, Mandip and the guest stars?
      They seem to get on brilliantly. I think the great thing is Jodie, Mandip and John just create this incredible welcoming atmosphere. John was on the receiving end of it in episode one, where he was welcomed into the family and studios in Roath Lock and on location. He becomes part of the family very quickly and then he’s welcoming in new people as guest artists come in across the series and the specials. I think the delight of working on this show is people who come in for an episode or a couple of episodes, they just become a very tight knit team. Obviously with the episode where you’re in a time loop and you’re doing scenes in the same spaces with the same characters again and again I think they had a proper great time with it.

What’s different about the Daleks in the special?
      These are execution Daleks they’ve got slightly different weapons and have very much come with a very clear purpose for this. They are not trying to destroy the world they are trying to destroy the Doctor in payment for what has been done to the Daleks at the end of the previous series.

Interview with Annetta Laufer (Director):

Can you tell us a bit about how you came on board for this project, and what attracted you to the job?
      I got contacted by the producer of our episode Sheena Bucktowonsing who had seen some of my work online - in particular a Sci Fi short film I directed called Afro Punk Girl. She emailed me and asked if I was interested in meeting her and later Chris (Chibnall), and it went from there. The reason I decided to join Doctor Who was because I knew such a genre bending, epic story telling format was going to be a huge and fun challenge for me to embark on. Plus I was going to work with the first female Doctor in the history of Doctor Who! That’s pretty awesome!

What were the biggest challenges filming Eve Of The Daleks?
      From a practical point of view - it was time, time, time. We had a lot to shoot in a short space of time while also making sure it looked cinematic and exciting. The locations were also a challenge - especially the narrow corridors. Moving around with cast and crew and equipment, and Daleks and abide by all the strict COVID-19 rules in place, made it very challenging.

But we luckily had a fantastic crew who were fast and extremely efficient so we always managed to get it done. From a story point of view - the challenge was keeping track of which time loop we were in, as we were shooting out of sequence and so some time loops could appear very similar. We also had to keep track of what the ‘story time’ was on the clock as each loop lost one minute.

What was the atmosphere like on set? You had a few comics in this cast – there must have been lots of laughs?
      The atmosphere was amazing. We laughed A LOT! But also everyone worked really hard and were incredibly focused. So we actually got so much work done. Everyone was such a joy to work with.

Have you always been a Doctor Who fan, and if so what are some of your own favourite episodes or specials from previous series?
      I was never really a big Doctor Who fan when I was a kid. I remember it being on TV but I wasn’t much into Sci Fi at the time. It is only when the reboot started that I took more notice. Some of my favourite specials from previous years include The Runaway Bride, Voyage of the Damned and The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. I also really enjoyed Resolution and Spyfall Part 1 with our 13th Doctor.

Were you involved in any of the casting?
      Chris had suggested Aisling Bea which I thought was a great idea. I knew Adjani from his web series Dreaming Whilst Black so when his name was put name forward I was excited, as was Chris.

Will you be watching it yourself on New Year’s Day? What do you hope audiences take away from this episode?
      I will be watching it with my family on New Year’s Day which will be a lot of fun. What I want the audience to take away with them is a feeling of happiness and a warm glow inside. After all the heavy months we have been through, I think everyone deserves a bit of magic and cheer. So what could be better than watching a Rom Com with Daleks!

Other territories that have confirmed broadcast at the time of writing include the USA (BBC America, with a simulcast broadcast at 2pm EST), Australia (ABC, with the episode available on iView shortly after UK broadcast), Canada (CTV SciFi), New Zealand (TV2) and Turkey (BBC Prime); full broadcast details can be found via This Week in Doctor Who.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Merry Christmas /
        Happy Holidays
        Everyone!!!

Comment

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, Pawb!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - 2022 Yearbook
            Friday, 31 December 2021 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2021/1..._yearbook.html

The latest Doctor Who Magazine Special, the 2022 Yearbook is now on sale.

Series 13 of Doctor Who unfolded in a serialised format that took the programme back to its roots, while presenting the most spectacular visual effects in the show’s history.

Compiled with unparalleled access to the production of Flux, this Special Edition is packed full of all-new content, including exclusive contributions from the cast and crew members behind a landmark series of Doctor Who.

Highlights include:
            • Exclusive interviews with Segun Akinola (composer), Nadia Albina (Diane), Paul Broughton (Neville Lewis), Danny Marie Elias (prosthetics designer), Craige Els (Karvanista), Mandip Gill (Yaz), Sue Jenkins (Eileen Lewis), Steve Oram (Williamson), Craig Parkinson (the Grand Serpent), Sara Powell (Mary Seacole), Claire Pritchard-Jones (make-up designer), Jonathan Watson (Sontarans) and Jodie Whittaker (The Doctor).
            • An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the opening sequence of Flux including exclusive contributions fromJodie Whittaker, Chris Chibnall (showrunner) and Jamie Magnus Stone (director).
            • Analyses of every episode of Flux.
            • A diary of the most significant events of 2021, both on-screen and off.
            • Ten pages of tributes to the Doctor Who luminaries who passed away during 2021.
            DWM Special Edition 59: The 2022 Yearbook is on sale from Thursday 30 December at WH Smith, selected supermarkets and online from panini.co.uk priced £6.99.

A digital edition is also available, priced £5.99 from pocketmags.com

Comment

Doctor Who In Memoriam 2021
              Saturday, 1 January 2022 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/0...riam_2021.html

Toby Hadoke has compiled his annual end of year tribute to all those involved in Doctor Who who died in 2021.

Comment

Sea Devils!

Coming Soon in 2022...

Yikes!

First seen in the 70's...
                360?cb=20101125122636.jpg
                And again in the 80's...

360?cb=20100926181507.jpg
                The Sea Devils aren't exactly my favourite WHO critter, but I know there's been a lot of fans calling for their return.

I hope they do them justice -- the shot in the trailer certainly looks like they've done a faithful recreation - a lot like the new Sontarans.
                Last edited by cosmichobo; 01 January 2022, 09:23 PM.
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine: Issue 573
                  Wednesday, 5 January 2022 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/0...issue_573.html

This month's Doctor Who Magazine investigates how digital technology transformed Doctor Who.
                  Highlights of the new issue include:
                  • DWM charts the history of digital effects in Doctor Who from the 1970s to the most recent episodes.
                  • Dave Bannister and Andrew Robertson from VFX company DNEG describe their contributions to Flux.
                  • Digital matte artist Jim McCarthy discusses his work on Doctor Who in the 1980s.
                  • Interviews with the people who brought us some of the first Doctor Who computer games.
                  • The second installment of a two-part feature in which Ray Holman explains the background to his costume designs for Series 13.
                  • An interview with Frances White, who played Cassandra in 1965’s The Myth Makers.
                  • Composer Segun Akinola discusses the musical juxtaposition of romance and Daleks in the New Year’s Day Special.
                  • Tributes to renowned Target cover artist Chris Achilléos, who died on 6 December, and writer Bob Baker, who died away on 2 November.
                  • The Fact of Fiction revisits 2010’s The Beast Below.
                  • Public Image analyses the ratings for Flux.
                  • The Doctor Who Magazine Christmas Quiz answers.
                  • Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.

Doctor Who Magazine Issue 573 is on sale from panini.co.uk and WH Smith from Thursday 6 Januarypriced £5.99 (UK).

Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £4.99.​

Comment

There are rumours that there'll be no more animated reconstructions of lost stories.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Season 22 Boxset Announced
                      Thursday, 20 January 2022 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/0...announced.html

The BBC has announced that Season 22 of Doctor Who will be available on Blu-ray as the next box-set release.

Season 22 was the first full series starring the Sixth Doctor Colin Baker and companion Peri played by Nicola Bryant

The season saw them face off against a host of classic monsters and villains, including Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Davros (Terry Molloy) and The Master (Anthony Ainley) – as well as introducing a new female nemesis The Rani (Kate O’Mara) and the villainous slug-like Sil (Nabil Shaban).

The season also featured the return of Patrick Troughton as the Second Doctor, and his companion Jamie played by Frazer Hines.

With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive Special Features including:
                      • Brand New Documentaries: Including a Making-Of documentary for The Two Doctors, and a nostalgic trip back for Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant to Season 22’s filming locations.
                      • In Conversation: Not one but THREE insightful feature-length interviews, with Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and a surprise guest.
                      • Behind The Sofa: New episodes with actors Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Terry Molloy, Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Sylvester McCoy and Wendy Padbury.
                      • Extended Episodes: Including Vengeance On Varos, The Two Doctors (Part One) and Revelation Of The Daleks (Part One).
                      • A Fix With Sontarans: The Doctor and Tegan battle the Sontarans in this special mini-episode.
                      • Updated Special Effects: View Timelash with optional new effects
                      • Exclusive New Audio Commentaries: With Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Alexei Sayle & Terry Molloy on Revelation Of The Daleks and Colin Baker, Janet Fielding & Gareth Jenkins on A Fix With Sontarans.
                      • Immersive 5.1 Surround Sound: On Attack Of The Cybermen, Vengeance On Varos and Revelation Of The Daleks.
                      • The Eternal Mystery: A brand new mini-episode of classic Doctor Who.
                      • Studio Footage: Rare behind-the-scenes material from Vengeance On Varos, The Two Doctors, Timelash and Revelation Of The Daleks.
                      • Convention Footage: Featuring actors Colin Baker and Jacqueline Pearce alongside producer John Nathan-Turner.
                      • Rare Gems From The Archives: BBC archive material including The Colin Baker Years, plus content covering the promotion of the season and the controversial hiatus.
                      • Radio Serial: Slipback, a six-part radio adventure.
                      • HD Photo Galleries: Including many previously unseen images.
                      • Info Text: Behind-the-scenes information and trivia on every episode.
                      • Scripts, Costume Designs, Rare BBC Production Files and other rarities from the PDF Archive
                      The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD.

A specially shot announcement trailer has debuted on the Doctor Who YouTube channel, written by new series contributor Pete McTighe (Kerblam! and Praxeus) and featuring Nicola Bryant back as Peri.

The box-set can be pre-ordered on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        There are rumours that there'll be no more animated reconstructions of lost stories.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
                        What I've read, is that it's unlikely the BBC will confirm or deny this, as they never actually made a public announcement of what their intentions with the animations were in the first place.

But yes, apparently the "full" animations were a joint project between the BBC, and BBC America, with a set amount being made. That's now finished, and word is BBC America isn't interested in doing any more... So unless a new partner is found - it's too expensive for the BBC alone.

So - the assumption (I had) that they were doing ALL Missing stories so that the Box Sets would be "complete" - nope...
                        Last edited by cosmichobo; 22 January 2022, 05:45 PM.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine 567
                          Thursday, 31 March 2022 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/0...azine_567.html

The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine has an exclusive preview of the upcoming Doctor Who story, Legend of the Sea Devils.

Highlights of the new issue include:
                          • An exclusive 15-page preview of the Easter Special, Legend of the Sea Devils, featuring contributions from Chris Chibnall, Crystal Yu, Marlowe Chan-Reeves and Arthur Lee.
                          • Exclusive interviews with Legend of the Sea Devils co-writer Ella Road and director Haolu Wang.
                          • Ray Holman reveals his costume designs for the latest Special.
                          • Graeme Garden, Rufus Hound and Gemma Whelan share their experiences of playing the Meddling Monk.
                          • Katy Manning pays tribute to her much-missed friend, Stewart Bevan.
                          • Artist Jeff Cummins discusses his cover illustrations for Target Books and the New Adventures.
                          • Previously unpublished photographs from the set of 1964’s The Keys of Marinus.
                          • A look back on the life and work of the late Henry Lincoln, co-writer of The Abominable Snowmen, The Web of Fear and The Dominators.
                          • Collectivity meets Doctor Who’s comic-book collectors.
                          • The Fact of Fiction looks at 2017’s Smile.
                          • The third part of Hydra’s Gate, a new comic-strip story for the Doctor, Yaz and Dan.
                          • Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data and more!
                          PLUS!
                          • Doctor Who Discovers Pirates, a previously unpublished entry in the 1970s’ Doctor Who Discovers book range, is presented in full for the first time ever as a 52-page supplement.
                          • A download code for a complete full-cast audio adventure from Big Finish, starring Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.
                          • A giant double-sided poster.
                          Doctor Who Magazine Issue 576 is on sale from panini.co.uk and WH Smith from Thursday 31 March priced £9.99 (UK). Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £8.99.​

Comment

Legend of the Sea Devils - Easter Sunday
                            Friday, 1 April 2022 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/0...er_sunday.html

Doctor Who will return to screens worldwide on Sunday 17th April with Legend of the Sea Devils.

The story is the second in a trio of Doctor Who specials airing in 2022

UK viewers can catch the episode on BBC One or the BBC iPlayer, while in the USA the episode will screen on BBC America.

Other worldwide broadcasts follow shortly afterward.

For details check This Week in Doctor Who

In a swashbuckling special adventure, the Doctor (Jodie Whittaker), Yaz (Mandip Gill), and Dan (John Bishop) come face to fin with one the Sea Devils, first seen in the 1972 Third Doctor story.
                            Why has legendary pirate queen Madam Ching come searching for a lost treasure? What terrifying forces lurk beneath the oceans of the nineteenth century? And did Yaz really have to dress Dan up as a pirate?

The final Doctor Who episode starring Jodie Whittaker will be screened in the Autumn as part of the celebrations making 100 years of the BBC.

Comment

Legend of the Sea Devils: TRAILER | Doctor Who
                              2nd April 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bisv9LLJCtk

Swashbuckle your seatbelts ☠️ 17.04.22

Comment

Doctor Who: Redacted
                                Sunday, 10 April 2022 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/0..._redacted.html

The BBC has announced a new spin-off podcast, Doctor Who: Redacted will be available on BBC Sounds.
                                The 10-part series will begin alongside the television Easter special on April 17th, giving fans a brand new podcast of action-packed adventures.

Listeners will be introduced to characters, Cleo Proctor (Charlie Craggs), Abby McPhail (Lois Chimimba) and Shawna Thompson (Holly Quin-Ankrah) – alongside some familiar faces including the Doctor (Jodie Whittaker), Rani Chandra, Kate Stewart, Petronella Osgood and Madame Vastra.

Doctor Who: Redacted follows Cleo, Abby and Shawna - three broke university drop-outs from different cities across the UK who remain connected via their paranormal conspiracy podcast, ‘The Blue Box Files’. The trio speculates over Abby’s favourite conspiracy theory – intent on finding out the truth behind the mysterious ‘Blue Box’ that keeps cropping up across history. What if this random police public call box was actually an alien ship?

They don’t know who the Doctor is, or if aliens are real, but soon find themselves caught in a supernatural conspiracy as they learn that everyone who’s ever met the Doctor is disappearing and being forgotten. Essentially, they’re being redacted from reality. The Blue Box Files is so unsuccessful that our heroes are the last ones to be affected by the redaction, making Cleo, Abby and Shawna the world’s only hope. Now it’s a race against time to uncover the truth.

Set in the Doctor Who universe, the series entangles past and current storylines, cameos from the Doctor’s friends and allies, as well as appearances from monsters and aliens, identifiable to fans and non-fans alike.

Doctor Who: Redacted is scripted by bestselling author Juno Dawson, alongside a host of new and experienced writing talent. The audio drama primarily explores the relationships between ordinary people unknowingly immersed in the Doctor Who universe.

Juno Dawson, lead writer says:
                                Doctor Who was my first love, and it's an absolute thrill to add to the ever-expanding mythology in podcast form for the first time ever. What a total privilege to write for something so beloved, and put my own little flag on the landscape.

The cast for Doctor Who: Redacted includes Jodie Whittaker (Doctor Who), Charlie Craggs, Jacob Hawley, Lois Chimimba (Doctor Who, Vigil), Holly Quin-Ankrah (Coronation Street, Grange Hill), Ken Cheng, Jemma Redgrave (Doctor Who), Ingrid Oliver (Doctor Who), Doon Mackichan (Good Omens, Smack The Pony) and more.

Doctor Who: Redacted is available first on BBC Sounds weekly from April 17th.

Episode 1 will be available following Doctor Who’s Legend of the Sea Devils on Easter Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X