X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Doctor Who's New Companion - NYCC 2016

Published on 7 Oct 2016
    Pearl Mackie talks to IGN about joining the Doctor Who universe, replacing Clara, and what to expect from the tenth season of the iconic show.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who's Peter Capaldi Teases New Season and Companion - NYCC 2016

Published on 7 Oct 2016
      We talk to the Twelfth Doctor himself about his new companion Bill, the upcoming Christmas Special, and the mysteries of Season 10.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who Showrunner on the Pros and Cons of Regeneration - NYCC 2016

Published on 8 Oct 2016
        Writer/producer Steven Moffat discusses how hard it is to regenerate a Doctor, and why his leaving the series next year doesn't mean Peter Capaldi will too.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO Panel Highlights - New York Comic Con 2016

Published on 8 Oct 2016
          Highlights with Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Steven Moffat, Brian Minchin, and Matt Lucas at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in NYC at New York Comic-Con 2016!

Comment

CLASS Full Panel - New York Comic Con 2016

Published on 8 Oct 2016
            The full Class panel from the Theater at Madison Square Garden in NYC at New York Comic-Con 2016.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO Full Panel - New York Comic Con 2016

Published on 8 Oct 2016
              The full panel with Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Steven Moffat, Brian Minchin, and Matt Lucas at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in NYC at New York Comic-Con 2016!

Comment

"Classic Series" Writer to Contribute Script for Series 10
                Sunday, 09 October, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...ontribute.html

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has confirmed that a scriptwriter from the "classic series" of the programme will pen a script for the upcoming series.

This will be the first time a writer from the "original series", which ran from 1963 to 1989, will contribute to the "revived series", launched in 2005. One director, Graeme Harper, has contributed to both runs, helming episodes in 1984 and 1985, and from 2006 to 2009.

Moffat announced the news at a panel at New York Comic-Con, and confirmed it in an interview with Comic Book Resources.

There is no confirmation yet as to whom the writer will be.

Other writers already confirmed for the upcoming series include Frank Cottrell-Boyce, who wrote the 2014 story In The Forest Of The Night, Sarah Dollard, who wrote last years Face the Raven, vintage contributor Mark Gatiss and newcomer to Who Mike Bartlett, best known for Doctor Foster.

Series 10 is due for transmission in the spring of 2017. Full details, as they are released, can be found in the Doctor Who Guide

Comment

Kind of hope it's Ben Aaronovitch.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Kind of hope it's Ben Aaronovitch.
                    I'm on-board with that. Him or Terrance Dicks or Marc Platt or Ian Briggs or Rona Munro I'd like to see writing for Peter Capaldi. It's a great shame that Robert Holmes and Douglas Adams aren't still alive today because they'd be great writing for Peter too. But I'm sure that whoever it is will do wondrous things for the Doctor, Bill, and Nardole.

Comment

Doctor Who meets The World of Hargreaves
                      http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...016121508.html

Comment

The Power of the Daleks: New trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          I'm on-board with that. Him or Terrance Dicks or Marc Platt or Ian Briggs or Rona Munro I'd like to see writing for Peter Capaldi. It's a great shame that Robert Holmes and Douglas Adams aren't still alive today because they'd be great writing for Peter too. But I'm sure that whoever it is will do wondrous things for the Doctor, Bill, and Nardole.
                          I saw Ben during his talk during the Edinburgh International Book Festival back in August, and he didn't mention anything about it.

However, at that point, he might not have been asked to contribute.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            I saw Ben during his talk during the Edinburgh International Book Festival back in August, and he didn't mention anything about it.

However, at that point, he might not have been asked to contribute.
                            Either that or he had to keep it under his hat for whatever reason the BBC might have until it could be officially announced.

I'd like to meet Mr. Aaronovitch and thank him for writing something similar to the words "Dalek elevates upstairs" because back in 1988 a certain 7-year old fan was laying out in front of the TV and had his jaw dropping and eyes popping out of his skull at the sight...and I dare say I wasn't the only one with that reaction.

Comment

The Power of the Daleks to be shown in US cinemas
                              Wednesday, 12 October, 2016 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...016150008.html

BBC America and Fathom Events have announced that the new animated version of The Power of the Daleks will be shown in cinemas across the United States on 14th November 2016, a few days before it premieres on television at 8:25pm on the 19th November. The showings will also feature bonus content, including interviews with members of the original cast.

Kymberli Frueh, Fathom Events Vice President of Programming, said:
                              We’re pleased to continue our long-standing and successful partnership with BBC AMERICA to bring more fantastic Doctor Who content to the big screen The Whovians are always one of our biggest and most passionate groups of fans at the cinemas.

Soumya Sriraman, EVP, Franchise and Digital Enterprises, BBC Worldwide North America, said:
                              Ahead of the premiere on BBC AMERICA, it is a rare treat to be able to bring the lost episode, Power of the Daleks, to life using modern animation techniques. Doctor Who cinema events have been incredibly successful, and this is extraordinary opportunity to allow a new generation of fans the opportunity to experience this classic adventure for the first time.

Tickets go on sale for the showings via Fathom Events and at participating cinemas from 14th October.

Comment

The Power of the Daleks - Character pre-production artwork
                                http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/im...uction-artwork

Comment

Working...
                                X