Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny how I binge-watched Doctor Who from the start with little knowledge of the show yet had no fear when Eccleston, Tennant and even Smith left(his last two specials were the only parts of his era I watched in real time). They were fun, it was kind of sad, bring on the next guy. Why is everyone around me crying?

But now... even though I've criticised so much of his era, now... oh God no. Peter, no. You can't. You can't. You just fell in Victorian London! It's not fair! No! I'm already getting tears in my eyes thinking about it and it's still at the very least a year away. I think I'll join everyone else hugging my pillow in 2016... if it is true.

He's become such a huge part of my life and I never even noticed.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

^ timey wimey, wibbly wobbly

I love Peter Capaldi's Doctor now, took abit of warming up to him is all, but then i found that about Matt Smith's doctor aswell, i would say atm his on the same level with Matt Smith's Doctor and 11 er umm 12.... is my favorite Doctor

I hope Peter Capaldi is not leaving, ive seen a few articles, where one reads that next season will be a shortened season (pfft) of 6 episodes, then i saw a later one which recanted that... and will be a full season (again pfft) of 13 episodes and also Peter Capaldi saying that he would love to do Doctor Who all year round.......
      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 26 December 2015, 09:34 PM.
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

In Memoriam 2015
        Thursday, 31 December, 2015 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2015/12...215115508.html

Actor, comedian, presenter, and all-round Doctor Who aficionado Toby Hadoke has produced a video in remembrance of those cast and crew who have been lost to the Doctor Who universe in 2015.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR
          F
          ELLOW WHOVIANS!!!!!
          Here's to the 36th (a.k.a. 10th) series of Doctor Who and seeing where in time and space the TARDIS takes us to next!!!!
          Last edited by Alan; 31 December 2015, 03:52 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Yeah. What he said. Can't put it better than that.
            Last edited by rushy; 01 January 2016, 02:52 PM.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/2016-na...list-79304.htm
              Doctor Who nominated for best drama at the NTAs but slightly suprised neither Capaldi nor Coleman nominated fror best actor/actress....

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/2016-na...list-79304.htm
                Doctor Who nominated for best drama at the NTAs but slightly suprised neither Capaldi nor Coleman nominated fror best actor/actress....
                My vote is in for Doctor Who!!!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine #495
                  Thursday, 07 January, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/01...azine-495.html

The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine finds out what happens when River Song runs into the Eighth Doctor in the new audio series The Diary of River Song – and interviews both Paul McGann and Alex Kingston who says
                  River has to interact with the Eighth Doctor to save him, to help him. When she’s figured out how she can do that without having to be physically present in front of him, alongside helping him, she can then tease and flirt a little bit, because she knows she’s safe, and she knows she hasn’t overstepped a boundary, or changed his or her future in any way by that actual physical interaction. So she can then have fun! She’s in control.

And what does the Eighth Doctor make of River?
                  What the Doctor says to River when he realises her acumen, her calibre, is ‘Wow, hang on a minute – where did you pick up all this?! For an amateur, you ain’t half clever'. He says, ‘Any time you fancy joining me, I could always do with a pair of hands’. He realises, almost instantly, how clever she is. ‘If you’re ever stuck for a trip round the universe helping me out, you’re on.’ So there’s that lovely playfulness as well. Of course, he’s doing it in blissful ignorance. And she’s trying not to appear too clever, and give the game away, but of course she has to save his life. So it’s great. It’s childish, but it’s great fun.

ALSO INSIDE ISSUE 495...

• [*=1]ASK STEVEN MOFFAT
                  Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers questions about the recent episode Heaven Sent – and find out whether the Doctor ever had to run around the castle naked.
                  • [*=1]THE DRAGON LORD
                  The latest comic strip adventure continues with Part 2 of The Dragon Lord, written by Steve Lyons, with art from Adrian Salmon.
                  • [*=1]CEREAL KILLERS
                  Doctor Who fans of the 1970s will get nostalgic, as we take a trip down memory lane and meet the artist behind Weetabix’s series of artwork cards, which were launched in 1975, and given away with packets of breakfast cereal.
                  • [*=1]THE ELEVENTH HOUR APPROACHES
                  The Time Team returns to watch the first adventure of the Eleventh Doctor – The Eleventh Hour. What will they make of the new Doctor, Amy Pond and Prisoner Zero?
                  • [*=1]WREAKING HAVOC
                  A tribute to stuntman Derek Ware, who worked on Doctor Who during its first decade, and has recently passed away at the age of 77.
                  • [*=1]THE EXXILON FACTOR
                  The Fact of Fiction takes an in-depth look at the 1974 Third Doctor adventure Death to the Daleks.
                  • [*=1]THE DWM REVIEW
                  DWM reviews the recent Christmas Special, The Husbands of River Song. We also take a look at the latest books and audio and revisit 1968’s The Wheel in Space and 1977’s The Face of Evil.
                  • [*=1]THE DWM SEASON SURVEY!
                  Vote for your favourites of the most recent series, plus the book and audio releases from the past 12 months!

PLUS! All the latest official news, previews of upcoming releases, competitions, the answers to The Watcher’s Fiendishly Festive Christmas Quiz, The DWM Crossword and much more!

Doctor Who Magazine 495 is on sale from Thursday 7 January 2016, price £4.99.

Comment

Everytime you do one of these DWM comments, I feel depressed because I live so far and can't afford it.
                    I want to find out whether the Doctor really ran around the castle naked!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Everytime you do one of these DWM comments, I feel depressed because I live so far and can't afford it.
                      I want to find out whether the Doctor really ran around the castle naked!!!
                      When I get the new DWM I'll let you know.

Comment

Class to be a BBC America Co-Production
                        Friday, 08 January, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/01...roduction.html

BBC America have confirmed they will be co-producing the new Doctor Who Spin off series, Class.

The eight part series is written by American young adult writer Patrick Ness, best known for his award-winning book A Monster Calls.

The series will be set in Coal Hill school in contemporary London, and is executive produced by Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin, the team behind Doctor Who, and is due to be screened in Autumn 2016.

BBC America have also confirmed they have commissioned a new original scripted series based on the Dirk Gently books.

The series is an adaptation of former Doctor Who Script Editor Douglas Adams’ comic novels, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, and is set in the world of its hyperactive, absurdist, eponymous detective, Dirk Gently.

The books were inspired by the unfinished Doctor Who story Shada, intended for transmission in 1980 but never completed due to a BBC strike.

The channel have ordered eight one-hour episodes, scripted by Max Landis. The books were previously adapted for BBC Four, with Stephen Mangan in the title role and shown between 2010 and 2012.

Comment

Patrick Ness? Never heard of him, nor have I read any of his books.
                          Last edited by BruTak; 09 January 2016, 02:00 AM. Reason: Typo.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Class to be a BBC America Co-Production
                            Friday, 08 January, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/01...roduction.html

BBC America have confirmed they will be co-producing the new Doctor Who Spin off series, Class.

The eight part series is written by American young adult writer Patrick Ness, best known for his award-winning book A Monster Calls.

The series will be set in Coal Hill school in contemporary London, and is executive produced by Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin, the team behind Doctor Who, and is due to be screened in Autumn 2016.

BBC America have also confirmed they have commissioned a new original scripted series based on the Dirk Gently books.

The series is an adaptation of former Doctor Who Script Editor Douglas Adams’ comic novels, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, and is set in the world of its hyperactive, absurdist, eponymous detective, Dirk Gently.

The books were inspired by the unfinished Doctor Who story Shada, intended for transmission in 1980 but never completed due to a BBC strike.

The channel have ordered eight one-hour episodes, scripted by Max Landis. The books were previously adapted for BBC Four, with Stephen Mangan in the title role and shown between 2010 and 2012.
                            Still struggling to give a toss about this.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Still struggling to give a toss about this.
                              There's still the chance of a William Russell cameo.

Comment

How about we all just glory in the fact that Doctor Who has earned itself another spin-off, keep an open mind about it and wait, watch and learn more about Class in the coming months and maybe actually watch it before we start jumping to any conclusions.

Also, allow Episode 1 to set-up this new addition to Whoniverse - the characters, the setting, and any on-going alien threats. All first episodes of any new show need to get that job out of the way. After that watch the next 7 episodes to allow the characters to develop individually and together as a group and the same for any on-going enemies if there are any.

I'm really feeling that there will be a Peter Capaldi guest appearance in one or possibly two of those eight episodes. But if there isn't then I'm cool with that and looking forward to just spending more time at the school that the Doctor's granddaughter Susan attended and that his friends and former companions Barbara Wright, Ian Chesterton and Clara Oswald taught at...and Ace fought in, should be fun I reckon.

I'd love for William Russell to make a guest appearance as Ian and maybe getting a reference to Clara and her passing would be nice too.

Lets all see what Class brings us in Autumn.

Comment

Working...
                                X