This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here!

The BBC have released a promo pic from Hell Bent, which is a bit spoilery. Though what it means is anybody's guess.

Anyone who has the latest DWM may want to note that this picture is on page 30, with the caption...

Spoiler:

"The Doctor arrives in an American diner. But does he have a sad song to play..?"

Of course this must mean a return to...

Comment

Hands up who wants a poster of Jenna in that 50s waitress outfit? *Puts up hand*
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        Forthcoming broadcast details

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2015/11...ce=twitterfeed

The BBC have released details for the rest of the series following this weekend's broadcast, Sleep No More, which confirm that episode ten, Face The Raven, is scheduled for 8:10pm on 21st November (50 mins) and episode eleven, Heaven Sent, is scheduled for 8:05pm on 28th November (55 mins); the time/length of the series finale, Hell Bent, has yet to be confirmed.

Face The Raven
        Saturday 21st November 2015, 8:10 - 9:00pm

Spoiler:

The Doctor and Clara, with their old friend Rigsy, find themselves in a magical alien world, hidden on a street in the heart of London.

Sheltered within are some of the most fearsome creatures of the universe… and Ashildr (Maisie Williams)! With a death sentence hanging over their heads, not all of the intruders will get out alive.

Writer: Sarah Dollard
        Director: Justin Molotnikov
        Producer: Nikki Wilson
        Cast: Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman
        Guest cast: Maisie Williams, Joivan Wade, Naomi Ackie, Simon Manyonda, Simon Paisley Day, Letitia Wright, Robin Soans, Angela Clerkin, Caroline Boulton, Jenny Lee.

Heaven Sent
        Saturday 28th November, 8:05 - 9:00pm

Spoiler:

Trapped in a world unlike any other he has seen, the Doctor faces the greatest challenge of his many lives. One final test. And he must face it alone.

Pursued by the fearsome creature known only as the Veil, he must attempt the impossible. If he makes it through, Gallifrey is waiting…

Writer / Steven Moffat
        Director / Rachel Talalay
        Producer / Peter Bennett

Hell Bent
        Saturday 5th December 2015, time TBC

Spoiler:

If you took everything from him, betrayed him, trapped him, and broke both his hearts...how far might the Doctor go?

Returning to Gallifrey, the Doctor faces the Time Lords in a struggle that will take him to the end of time itself. Who is the Hybrid? And what is the Doctor’s confession?

Writer / Steven Moffat
        Director / Rachel Talalay
        Producer / Peter Bennett

Bloody hell! That last one!!
        Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        That last synopsis!!! CANNOT WAIT!
        Same here!

The BBC have released a promo pic from Hell Bent, which is a bit spoilery. Though what it means is anybody's guess.

Anyone who has the latest DWM may want to note that this picture is on page 30, with the caption...

Spoiler:

"The Doctor arrives in an American diner. But does he have a sad song to play..?"

Of course this must mean a return to...

I haven't so much as glimpsed at what's under those spoiler tags and avoided pretty much everything in the preview in DWM...but I'm excited anyway because its Doctor Who but the excitement from Blen and Ted increases my excitement levels up to 12!!!

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Hands up who wants a poster of Jenna in that 50s waitress outfit? *Puts up hand*
        YES!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I think I'll pass.

The advert for the next DWM does mention that there wil be a "giant poster" in the Christmas edition. But it doesn't say who or what it will be of.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            I haven't so much as glimpsed at what's under those spoiler tags and avoided pretty much everything in the preview in DWM...but I'm excited anyway because its Doctor Who but the excitement from Blen and Ted increases my excitement levels up to 12!!!
            My advice to you is do not touch them if you want to stay unspoiled as much as possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              My advice to you is do not touch them if you want to stay unspoiled as much as possible...
              Oh I am, don't worry about that. I've even stopped Googling "Doctor Who". I'm taking no chances.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

That last synopsis... I am never reading spoilers again. No way.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

A bit of news regarding the Christmas Special from Steven Moffat. I've put it in spoilers as it may be considered a tinsy bit spoilery.

Spoiler:

River Song doesn’t recognise the Doctor in this year’s Christmas special, Steven Moffat reveals

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...moffat-reveals

River Song and the Doctor - two star (and time) crossed lovers who keep meeting in the wrong order. When David Tennant’s Doctor first encountered River, she had already lived through their entire romance, while he had no idea who she was. In this year’s Christmas special, the tables are turned.

“That's how the Christmas special begins,” showrunner Steven Moffat revealed to fans at the London Doctor Who Festival, “she doesn't know it's him.”

The Doctor (played by Matt Smith) was there at the moment River regenerated into her current Alex Kingston form, so this story can’t take place before they knew each other. Could it be that River simply doesn’t recognise her formerly boyish lover in his new face? And why doesn’t the Doctor let her know who he is?

“It's an opportunity for the Doctor to find out the terrible truth: what his wife gets up to when he's not looking,” Moffat cackled. “No one should ever go through that!"

Well, that should cause some fights over the turkey.

“Merry Christmas!”

Comment

Well, unless my sums are wrong (which is always a possibility) we have three episodes to go - taking us up to Saturday the 5th of December.

Then it's another twenty days until the Christmas Special.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Next time trailer for Face the Raven

Comment

TV trailer for Face the Raven, this ones such a tease...

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-...more-77999.htm
                        Sleep No More Extra

Comment

Mark Gatiss has a sequel planned to Doctor Who’s Sleep No More
                          The writer told us about the value of an unhappy ending

By Jonathan Holmes
                          Saturday 14 November 2015 at 8:58PM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-sleep-no-more

[Spoiler warning for the end of Sleep No More]

Thanks to Mark Gatiss, we might never sleep again. Not only did he create the sickening Sandmen –monsters made from the gunk in the corner of your eye– the writer gave us something truly horrifying: an unhappy ending.

To recap, the Doctor leaves the space station orbiting Neptune having not deduced the villainous Rassmussen’s (Reece Shearsmith) true plan. The insomnia-maniac is free to transmit his infected video throughout the solar system, potentially ending the human race.

Not that Gatiss seems bothered. He’s smiling.

“It does have an unhappy ending, yes,” Gatiss told RadioTimes.com during the Doctor Who Festival in London. “Earthshock might be the last time that happened. The Doctor loses.”

For an audience used to the Doctor always saving the day, it’s a shock when the credits roll. Why end on such a sour note?

“In my head the episode has a paranoid 70s bleakness to it, and all those films ended on an unhappy ending,” he explained. “I thought it was fascinating to do that, and obeying the rules of found footage, it needed a final twist. As with the whole format of the episode, it’s to ring the changes.”

Surely that’s a tough pitch to make behind the scenes?

“I didn’t encounter any resistance to that, and I thought I might.”

But is there any hope for mankind? Can the snivelling sleep scientist really be the one villain to truly best the Doctor?

“It doesn’t mean they’re going to win eventually. The Doctor knows something’s wrong, so he’s not fooled…and I do have a sequel planned.”

A sequel! Will it involve the Doctor trying to track down the infectious video? The Ring in Space?

“The Ring in Space is a good name! Like The Ark in Space. I’ve got a good idea. Pleasing my inner fan, the idea of doing a pairing, like the Yeti stories, is rather lovely. It pleases my Doctor Who self.”

There you go, there is hope after all. Gatiss is writing an episode for series 10 next year, but doesn’t know if it will be his planned villainous team-up. Until then, try not to lose sleep over it.

Comment

Blogtor Who has a review of Face the Raven in which he tells us absolutely nothing.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...ries-9-ep.html

However he does have some advice.

And I will politely add, this is not an episode to wait for. Or to iPlayer later, or to catch up elsewhere. Do yourself a favour and watch it on Saturday. You won't regret it.

Comment

The BBC Shop have 20% off everything just for today. Enter code at checkout.

Code for the UK & rest of the world - NOV20
                              Code for Europe - NOVEU

http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/ic...campaign=Buyat

Comment

The BBC Shop have 20% off everything just for today. Enter code at checkout.

Code for the UK & rest of the world - NOV20
                                Code for Europe - NOVEU

http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/ic...campaign=Buyat
                                Thanks for the heads up Blen.

Just wish that the 7th Doctor's umbrella was in stock at the moment...

...Or that question mark patterned boxer shorts existed. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X