X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Brits!!!!
    'Doctor Who' Debuts To More Than 8 Million Viewers
    Link: http://www.syfyportal.com/news423480.html
    BBC is reporting that 8.2 million people tuned in to see Freema Agyeman's debut as the Doctor's (David Tennant) new companion in the third season premiere of the show that featured disappearing hospitals and the introduction of a new bad guy, the Judoon.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...VVkpVVYVRcYDdu

Looks like the sci-fi channel won't be getting Torchwood or Who S3/29, instead they will air over on BBC America, along with what looks like a bloody good line up. I tell ya, that sort of line up on a Saturday night would suit me Doctor Who, Hex, Life on Mars, and Jeckyll, great stuff

Jekyll (which starts at some point this year) is the James Nesbitt series I think, looks good from what little I've seen.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

SciFi may still be getting Series 3. The article on Gallifrey doesn't name the series itself, and Series 2 hasn't aired on BBC America yet. Plus Torchwood Series 1 is supposed to air (roughly) with Series 2.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
          Dr. Who was lame old school sci-fi. I tried watching once and fell asleep. It's boring, dull, poorly acted, and lame effects. Almost like Lost in Space without the humour!
          I might have come to this forum late but that is beyond redemtion. Consider yourself on a hit list.
          I dunno, a tea party, revolution, that I can accept, but diss Dr who (well at least the resent ones.) that is unacceptable

Comment

Chill, Tanduay, we all agree with you .

Jelly baby?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
              Dr. Who was lame old school sci-fi. I tried watching once and fell asleep. It's boring, dull, poorly acted, and lame effects. Almost like Lost in Space without the humour!

Darn trolls. They always pop up in the wrong place, and smell very bad.
              We need some troll repealent here! LOL
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                Chill, Tanduay, we all agree with you .

Jelly baby?
                Thanks mod.
                Can I come out from behind the sofa now?

You know my Filipino wife did not believe me that I used to hide behind the sofa, like so many others, watching Dr who in my childhood until I found 3 seperate accounts online. Happy days, scary days made even scarier with the recent series.

Comment

Not everyone had a sofa that was useable; my parents' was against the wall. I had to make do with a cushion. I think I wasn't too warped by sofa-protection-deprivation though.

Madeleine

Comment

From Outpost Gallifrey:

"The scheduled start time for Doctor Who moves back to 7.40pm for the transmission of Episode three, Gridlock, on Saturday 14th April.

The reason for the delay is that BBC One has Match of the Day Live's coverage of one of the FA Cup semi-finals in the usual Who slot. The last time Doctor Who followed on from FA Cup football was for the transmission of last year’s second episode, Tooth and Claw, which achieved the highest ratings of the season. However, RadioTimes.com implies that if the football overruns then Gridlock will be delayed by one week. The programme is scheduled to be followed once more by Any Dream will Do, which features John Barrowman.

Doctor Who Confidential is on BBC Three at 8.25pm."

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                      From Outpost Gallifrey:

"The scheduled start time for Doctor Who moves back to 7.40pm for the transmission of Episode three, Gridlock, on Saturday 14th April.

The reason for the delay is that BBC One has Match of the Day Live's coverage of one of the FA Cup semi-finals in the usual Who slot. The last time Doctor Who followed on from FA Cup football was for the transmission of last year’s second episode, Tooth and Claw, which achieved the highest ratings of the season. However, RadioTimes.com implies that if the football overruns then Gridlock will be delayed by one week. The programme is scheduled to be followed once more by Any Dream will Do, which features John Barrowman.

Bloody Man United.

It better not overrun...

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                        From Outpost Gallifrey:

"The scheduled start time for Doctor Who moves back to 7.40pm for the transmission of Episode three, Gridlock, on Saturday 14th April. <> However, RadioTimes.com implies that if the football overruns then Gridlock will be delayed by one week. The programme is scheduled to be followed once more by Any Dream will Do, which features John Barrowman.

Ooh, does the soccer often over-run? Can someone post in here if it doesn't screen? I don't want to waste my time *cough* looking for something that isn't there.

Comment

I will be very cross if the BBC put of screening the episode. Cross but not surprised,

Comment

So say we all.

Pitchforks! Hangman's nooses! Flaming torches! Git'chore Angry Mob accessories heyar!
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

It's Watford vs Man U. Normally I'd be well chuffed if Watford could cling on for a draw, but I think I might break the habit of a lifetime this weekend...

GO MAN U! FINISH 'EM OFF!

Madeleine

Comment

Millions of people have become Manchester fans overnight.

I myself have always had the inclination because while don't care for football either way, a friend of mine used to be a Man U fan. Good time to re-pick up the habit.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X