Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely spiffing! What a Christmas present!
    (Now can we please have Jack back? Okay, okay...)
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Oh lordy, it's the irresistible force meets the immovable object.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Interesting... Teasing us with the Christmas Special before Season 9 starts...

Comment

I wondered if they had to make the announcement as Alex will be out & about in Cardiff in the next few days filming the Christmas special.

The BBC have tweeted another pic -

Comment

NEW: More Doctor Who S9 (aka S35 - Alan ) Promo Pics From BBC America
            http://www.peter-capaldi-news.com/ne...m-bbc-america/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Looks more and more like she could be a suprise Strictly contestant, all these sparkly outfits!

Comment

I'm so excited to see River Song back, if only they could have Captain Jack return

Comment

So exciting!

I just had to show everyone this news article. It looks like it's been translated out of english and back again.

LONDON, Sept. 2 (UPI) — Actress Alex Kingston is to reprise her position of Professor River Music on this yr’s Physician Who Christmas particular, the introduced Wednesday.

River Music first appeared on the science-fiction collection in 2008 and has been featured in 15 episodes so far. Whereas Kingston’s character has shared the display with and , the earlier portrayers of the form-changing, titular time traveler, this shall be her first outing reverse the present Physician, performed by Peter Capaldi.

“It is Christmas Day sooner or later and the TARDIS is parked on a snowy village road, coated in icicles, awaiting its subsequent journey. Time traveler River Music meets her husband’s new incarnation, within the type of Peter Capaldi, for the primary time this Christmas,” the British broadcaster teased in a information launch.

Filming of the 11th Physician Who Christmas particular is to start out this week. It was penned by lead author and government producer Steven Moffat, and can air Dec. 25.

“To be trustworthy, I didn’t know whether or not River would ever return to the present, however right here she is, again with the Physician for the Christmas particular,” Kingston stated in a press release. “Steven Moffat is on glittering type, giving us an episode crammed with humor and shock visitor castings. I met Peter for the primary time at Monday’s read-through. We had amusing, and I’m now excited and able to begin filming with him and the Physician Who group. Christmas in September? Why not!”

“One other Christmas, one other particular for Physician Who — and what might be extra particular than the return of Alex Kingston as Professor River Track? The final time the Physician noticed her, she was a ghost. The primary time he met her, she died. So, how can he be seeing her once more? As ever, with probably the most difficult relationship within the universe, it is a matter of time,” added Moffat.

The 12-episode, ninth season of Physician Who’s to premiere on the Sept. 19.
                  http://www.suffieldtimes.com/enterta...special/83347/

Comment

Colin Baker to receive Bucks New University honorary award

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news...medium=twitter

Former Doctor Who star and BFP columnist Colin Baker is among a host of stars to be given an honorary award at Bucks New University next week.

The television favourite, who lives near High Wycombe, said he was ‘honoured’ to be awarded the honorary doctorate in recognition for his international standing, local profile and links to the university’s course profile.

He said: “It is rather special when your local university decides you are worthy of this honour. It is very exciting, especially as I never went to university myself when I was younger.

“I was asked a couple of months ago if I would like to receive an honorary degree and of course I said yes. It was completely left field and very exciting. I get to have letters after my name without all the hard work of doing a degree, it is wonderful.

“A few years ago I had my face on a postage stamp to celebrate the anniversary of Doctor Who and now this. I am very pleased.

“I now have to write a speech for the ceremony. I have to speak to all these young people who are about to go out into the world and try and make money. I have no idea what I am going to say!”

Professor Rebecca Bunting, Vice-Chancellor of Bucks New University, said: "We are proud and honoured to bestow these honorary awards.

“Our awardees are chosen in recognition of their outstanding achievements in their fields and because they are an inspiration to our graduating students and we are delighted to recognise such a celebrated group of individuals this year.”
                    The star, who played the sixth doctor from 1984 to 1986 will receive his degree on Monday, September 7 at the beginning of a week of graduation ceremonies, set to take place in the Wycombe Swan.

Comment

Director Rachel Talalay Shares a Sneak Peek of Filming in SPOILERS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031h4j8

Vid at the link.

Peek behind the scenes with Rachel Talalay and Peter Capaldi filming in

Spoiler:
                      Fuerteventura.

Extreme spoilerphobes might want to avoid this as there is a spoiler for filming location, though it doesn't give anything else away.

Comment

Haha, that article translated back to English, Physician Who...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          Haha, that article translated back to English, Physician Who...
                          The same site had a hilarious article about Professor Brian Cox.

Unfortunately they have changed it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            The same site had a hilarious article about Professor Brian Cox.

Unfortunately they have changed it now.
                            LOL But fortunately you've preserved it for forever more!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Magician’s Apprentice – Official Synopsis

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-mag...psis-75569.htm

The BBC has finally released the official story synopsis for The Magician’s Apprentice, the opening episode of Series 9:

Spoiler:
                              Where is the Doctor? When the skies of Earth are frozen by a mysterious alien force, Clara needs her friend. But where is the Doctor, and what is he hiding from? As past deeds come back to haunt him, old enemies will come face-to-face, and for the Doctor and Clara survival seems impossible.

Writer: Steven Moffat. Director: Hettie Macdonald. Producer: Peter Bennett

Cast: Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman

Guest cast: Michelle Gomez, Jemma Redgrave, Kelly Hunter, Clare Higgins, Jaye Griffiths, Harki Bhambra, Daniel Hoffmann-Gill, Joey Price, Aaron Neil, India Ria Amarteifio, Dasharn Anderson, Demi Papaminas, Jami Reid-Quarrell, Benjamin Cawley, Stefan Adegbola, Shin-Fei Chen, Lucy Newman-Williams, Barnaby Edwards, Nicholas Pegg, Jonathon Ojinnaka.

It airs Saturday 19 September on BBC One, with the time to be finalised next week.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/bts-on-...rted-75696.htm
                                Behind the scenes from Season 9 finale, may have already been posted...

Comment

Working...
                                X