This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbc-def...ints-68544.htm
    Damn, some people cant just realise this is TV...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbc-def...ints-68544.htm
      Damn, some people cant just realise this is TV...
      Sorry Teddy, but as someone whose parents passed away fairly recently I found this aspect of Dark Water fairly disturbing, and I'm old enough to understand that this is just TV. However, my nephew, whose Dad passed away suddenly this summer, found this storyline to be very upsetting indeed. I think the production team should have realised that bereaved children would have taken this literally, and not understood that a subtefuge was going on.

Comment

Peter Davison to present UK Symphonic Spectacular

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/11...symphonic.html

BBC Worldwide have announced that Peter Davison, the fifth Doctor, is to join the Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular UK tour.

Davison has presented the tour in Australia and New Zealand in the past and made an appearance at the 2013 Doctor Who Prom Concert. Vision Nine and BBC Worldwide have today confirmed that he will host the UK events in May 2015 as well as the previously announced Australisian part of the tour.

In addition, given the very strong demand for tickets, one additional matinee performance has now been confirmed for Sunday 24th May at the SSE Arena, Wembley.

The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular, which celebrates the world’s longest running science fiction TV series, showcases the music written by Murray Gold for the series since 2005 and features over 100 performers including the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and members of the BBC National Chorus of Wales, conducted by Ben Foster. The first ever UK shows will be staged from Saturday 23rd May 2015 to Friday 29th May 2015.

Looking forward to the tour Davison said
        I’m very excited to be hosting the Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular in the UK in 2015. Doctor Who fans are an extraordinary, wonderful bunch, who are very passionate about the series. The Symphonic Spectacular has already proved to be a monster hit down under with thousands of fans packing into arenas across the southern hemisphere and the UK’s first ever tour promises to be even bigger. I can’t believe that I will be taking the stage at some of the UK’s biggest arenas like Wembley’s SSE Arena and the First Direct Arena in Leeds. With Murray Gold’s amazing music performed live by the programme’s ‘house band’, the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, I’m also looking forward to reuniting on stage with conductor Ben Foster.
        Tickets for the additional matinee performance on 24th May 2015 go on sale at 10am on Wednesday 5th November. Tickets for the other performances are on sale now.

Comment

Paddington Who?

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/11...ce=twitterfeed

A Paddington Bear statue (http://images.doctorwhonews.net/image.php?pid=14395) designed by Peter Capaldi has been unveiled today at a press launch for the The Paddington Trail. The statue, called Paddington Who?, will be located at Greenwich Meridian from 4th November – 30th December 2014.

Peter Capaldi, the current Doctor Who, and who also stars in the new Paddington movie has combined the bear with The Doctor to create a thrilling marmalade-eating time traveller. Has there ever been a more intrepid, daring and sure-to-find-trouble combination? One word of warning though: beware of the Dalek on his back!

The TARDIS is known to transport The Doctor and his companions through time and space on the TV series, so where better for Paddington Who to end up than right where time begins and ends each day: on the Prime Meridian line?

From here there are a number of ways to explore the world’s history, and possibly its future, with attractions to enjoy such as the Royal Observatory, the National Maritime Museum and Queen’s House. Just make sure you pack enough sandwiches under your hat before you leave home.
          Other Paddington Bear statues designed by actors who have appeared in Doctor Who include Bear Necessities by John Hurt (The War Doctor), The Journey of Marmalade by Hugh Bonneville (Captain Avery), Shakesbear by Michael Sheen (Voice of House) and Paddington Jack by Davina McCall (Voice of Davinadroid). A full list of bears can be found here.

All the statues from the trail will be auctioned at Christie’s from 10th December 2014 – 7th January 2015 where the money raised will go to help the NSPCC and ChildLine. Bids for the statues will be starting from £500. Anyone who is interested in bidding for a Bear can register their interest in the online auction at christies.com/paddington.

Comment

Doctor Who Death in Heaven: We've seen it and all we will say is ... it's great

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-o...n-weve-8049472

A spoiler free look at the Doctor Who finale Death in Heaven, but if you want to know nothing at all then you best stop reading ...

The BBC have very strict guidelines about what those lucky journalists are allowed to say after watching a preview of a Doctor Who.

And when it comes to the series 8 finale, Death in Heaven, there's a list as long as your arm on things we're NOT supposed to say in case the episode is spoiled for you.

So trust me when I say I will not divulge anything about Death in Heaven which I feel could or would ruin the finale.

But if you want to know NOTHING – and in NOTHING AT ALL - then stop reading now.
            Spoiler:

Turned away yet? You have been warned.

What I can say is that you will need the following when you watch it: A box of tissues, the James Bond back catalogue, a stiff drink and long discussions with your nearest and dearest about whether it's ever OK to lie.

The entire episode, in fact, hinges on that last little issue – but I'm not going to reveal just how little white lies colour Death in Heaven. That simply wouldn't do.

What plays out between the Doctor and Clara will, however, leave you if not in tears then totally, utterly and wonderfully emotionally drained.

It's deep stuff; for a man with two hearts who's not from these parts, it's the most human of touches and such a fitting end to the series.

As you'd expect, all the questions that you had at the end of last weekend's Dark Water will clear.

However, there is still room in the script for plenty of drama for the Christmas special to play out.

I'm not going to tell you what happens to the psychotic Mary Poppins character that is Missy, but what I can say is that the chemistry between Michelle Gomez and Peter Capaldi is mesmerising.

You'll see lots of old faces reappear, as you can see from the gallery above, but what they do and how big a part they play will have to be kept for you see play out on Saturday night.

Dark, brooding and brilliant, it's in my all time favourite top 10 Doctor Who episodes.

It's got everything you ever wanted for an ending, and so much more.

Last edited by Blencathra; 05 November 2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Doctor Who Adventures is out today. They have a free Christmas Advent Calendar

https://twitter.com/moraylaing_DWA/s...48621702463488

Comment

Any sign of that DWM "Alien Worlds" special that was supposed to have come out a week or so ago?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Any sign of that DWM "Alien Worlds" special that was supposed to have come out a week or so ago?
                  No. It was supposed to be out on 1st November, but I haven't seen it here yet in deepest darkest Yorkshire. I bet it will take even longer to cross the border. But I'm looking forward to getting one when I do spot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Sorry Teddy, but as someone whose parents passed away fairly recently I found this aspect of Dark Water fairly disturbing, and I'm old enough to understand that this is just TV. However, my nephew, whose Dad passed away suddenly this summer, found this storyline to be very upsetting indeed. I think the production team should have realised that bereaved children would have taken this literally, and not understood that a subtefuge was going on.
                    Sorry, didn't mean to cause any offence. Hadn't thought of it like that.

As to the review you posted, for once I'm not going to read it. I actually want to go in blind for this one, to be fully surprised!

Comment

No. It was supposed to be out on 1st November, but I haven't seen it here yet in deepest darkest Yorkshire. I bet it will take even longer to cross the border. But I'm looking forward to getting one when I do spot it.
                      I'm also waiting on the 2000AD Winter Special, which was supposed to have come out a fortnight ago.
                      So I'm inclined to believe WH Smith is having issues with their distribution section again.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any offence. Hadn't thought of it like that.

As to the review you posted, for once I'm not going to read it. I actually want to go in blind for this one, to be fully surprised!
                        No worries. I can understand why some people found it upsetting, that's all.

This is the only review I'm going to read! And that is only because Rachel Talalay tweeted it. I think some reviews give too much away even if they are supposedly spoiler free.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        I'm also waiting on the 2000AD Winter Special, which was supposed to have come out a fortnight ago.
                        So I'm inclined to believe WH Smith is having issues with their distribution section again.
                        I'm going to have another look this weekend. Fingers crossed it's there cos it looks to be a good 'un.

Production artwork for Dark Water

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p02b0hh5
                        Last edited by Blencathra; 05 November 2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Doctor Who Death in Heaven: We've seen it and all we will say is ... it's great

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-o...n-weve-8049472

A spoiler free look at the Doctor Who finale Death in Heaven, but if you want to know nothing at all then you best stop reading ...

The BBC have very strict guidelines about what those lucky journalists are allowed to say after watching a preview of a Doctor Who.

And when it comes to the series 8 finale, Death in Heaven, there's a list as long as your arm on things we're NOT supposed to say in case the episode is spoiled for you.

So trust me when I say I will not divulge anything about Death in Heaven which I feel could or would ruin the finale.

But if you want to know NOTHING – and in NOTHING AT ALL - then stop reading now.
                          Spoiler:

Turned away yet? You have been warned.

What I can say is that you will need the following when you watch it: A box of tissues, the James Bond back catalogue, a stiff drink and long discussions with your nearest and dearest about whether it's ever OK to lie.

The entire episode, in fact, hinges on that last little issue – but I'm not going to reveal just how little white lies colour Death in Heaven. That simply wouldn't do.

What plays out between the Doctor and Clara will, however, leave you if not in tears then totally, utterly and wonderfully emotionally drained.

It's deep stuff; for a man with two hearts who's not from these parts, it's the most human of touches and such a fitting end to the series.

As you'd expect, all the questions that you had at the end of last weekend's Dark Water will clear.

However, there is still room in the script for plenty of drama for the Christmas special to play out.

I'm not going to tell you what happens to the psychotic Mary Poppins character that is Missy, but what I can say is that the chemistry between Michelle Gomez and Peter Capaldi is mesmerising.

You'll see lots of old faces reappear, as you can see from the gallery above, but what they do and how big a part they play will have to be kept for you see play out on Saturday night.

Dark, brooding and brilliant, it's in my all time favourite top 10 Doctor Who episodes.

It's got everything you ever wanted for an ending, and so much more.

That is the most unspoilery review I think Ive ever read...

But that poll at the end, its wording it strange...
                          Spoiler:
                          Was Capaldi a good Doctor, shouldnt it be is he a good Doctor?

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-...ones-68560.htm
                            Doctor Who nominated in the Peoples Choice Award

Comment

That is the most unspoilery review I think Ive ever read...

But that poll at the end, its wording it strange...
                              Spoiler:
                              Was Capaldi a good Doctor, shouldnt it be is he a good Doctor?
                              I wondered that as well, however I think
                              Spoiler:
                              its worded like that because it's the finale for Capaldi's first series, always a time to ask if the present actor did the Doctor justice. I hope it's that, or a oddly located red herring, because if it transpires that Capaldi is 'doing an Eccleston' I am going to be royally, monumentally... well, you get the idea.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                I wondered that as well, however I think
                                Spoiler:
                                its worded like that because it's the finale for Capaldi's first series, always a time to ask if the present actor did the Doctor justice. I hope it's that, or a oddly located red herring, because if it transpires that Capaldi is 'doing an Eccleston' I am going to be royally, monumentally... well, you get the idea.
                                Spoiler:
                                He can't be "doing an Eccleston" surely, as there's the Christmas special. Unless they've been recruiting in secret. It's almost normal to the Christmas one without a Companion but to do it without the Doctor...?

Comment

Working...
                                X