• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    You can pre-order the 50th anniversary collection now from the BBC Shop

Bluray - http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/do...invt/bbcbd0271

DVD - http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/do...nvt/bbcdvd3933
    Just bumping these links for anyone who wants to pre-order.

Comment

Deep Breath gets Cinema Outing

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/07...ce=twitterfeed

BBC Worldwide has announced that the first episode of Doctor Who Series 8 - Deep Breath - will be screened in cinemas around the world from 23 August 2014.

This year’s screenings follow the success of the global cinema release of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor which was screened in over 1500 cinemas around the world.

The feature-length premiere episode of Series 8, starring new Doctor Peter Capaldi, is directed by acclaimed Director Ben Wheatley (Sightseers, A Field in England) and written by Lead Writer and Executive Producer Steven Moffat> The story, detailing the beginning of the Twelfth Doctor’s era features Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara Oswald and sees the return of fan favourites The Paternoster Gang - Madame Vastra (Neve McIntosh), Jenny Flint (Catrin Stewart) and Strax (Dan Starkey) – in a pulse-racing adventure through Victorian London.

Steven Moffat comments
      Last November the Doctor didn't just conquer the world on television, he did it in the cinemas too. And like the show-off he is, he can't resist another go - one taste of the silver screen is never enough. On August 23rd the new Doctor will begin his new adventures on BBC One and in cinemas all over the world. Movie-land beware - Capaldi is coming to get you!
      Doctor Who: Deep Breath will be screened in participating cinemas around the world from 23 August, 2014. More information will be released by BBC Worldwide and participating cinema chains over the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        Deep Breath gets Cinema Outing

BBC Worldwide has announced that the first episode of Doctor Who Series 8 - Deep Breath - will be screened in cinemas around the world from 23 August 2014.

This year’s screenings follow the success of the global cinema release of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor which was screened in over 1500 cinemas around the world.

The feature-length premiere episode of Series 8, starring new Doctor Peter Capaldi, is directed by acclaimed Director Ben Wheatley (Sightseers, A Field in England) and written by Lead Writer and Executive Producer Steven Moffat> The story, detailing the beginning of the Twelfth Doctor’s era features Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara Oswald and sees the return of fan favourites The Paternoster Gang - Madame Vastra (Neve McIntosh), Jenny Flint (Catrin Stewart) and Strax (Dan Starkey) – in a pulse-racing adventure through Victorian London.

Steven Moffat comments

Doctor Who: Deep Breath will be screened in participating cinemas around the world from 23 August, 2014. More information will be released by BBC Worldwide and participating cinema chains over the coming weeks.
        OMG!

*sobs hysterically*. God damn it. I won't be getting back into the UK until 2 weeks after that!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          OMG!

*sobs hysterically*. God damn it. I won't be getting back into the UK until 2 weeks after that!
          Well, you could watch it with 300 other people, breathing noisily and sweating profusely in a cramped, dirty cinema, or enjoy the quiet, clean, pleasant experience of watching it at home at your leisure...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
            Well, you could watch it with 300 other people, breathing noisily and sweating profusely in a cramped, dirty cinema, or enjoy the quiet, clean, pleasant experience of watching it at home at your leisure...
            Hmm, that's a tough decision. Only 300 you say? How much sweat are we talking? Will there be excessively crunchy food and mobile phones going off as well?

Honestly I'm still trying to work out why. Day of the Doctor was a big, one-off event so it made a lot more sense.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Much as I enjoyed seeing "Day of the Doctor" at the cinema, having to suffer half an hour's worth of ads, trailers, and Ron effin' Burgundy nearly drove me to commit 'orrible murder.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

My experience of watching The Day of the Doctor at the Excel was marred by a small child throwing up a few seats away, and then some poor guy had to come & clean it up with a load of kitchen paper and a mop & bucket.

There are definite advantages to watching at home.

Comment

Ohh, I could go on, and on, and on about how much going to the cinema has become a chore, rather than a happy experience, in recent years.

But this is neither the time, nor the place.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Another pic from Deep Breath has been published in this month's edition of SFX Magazine.

12th Doctor & Clara. Spoilery only for costume.

Spoiler:

Comment

Tom Baker Sculpture revealed

Hyde Fundrasers is to reveal a new likeness of the Fourth Doctor, as played by Tom Baker, at its charity display at Spaceport, Mersyside.

The new sculpture will be unveiled at 10am on Sunday 3 August and will join the collection of replica characters, created to raise funds for BBC Children In Need and other charities.

The Fourth Doctor has been sculpted by Phil Robinson, the man responsible for recreating the Davros mask for the 2005 stageshow – The Trial of Davros. The sculpture will include a replica costume from Season 18 as The Doctor is stepping from the Police Box

On the day there will be chance to meet Robinson and see some of his other sculpted work, meet Hyde Fundraisers and get some photographs.

The official BBC exhibition with genuine props and costumes from the TV series is the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff.

Comment

New teaser trailer.

Listen...

Comment

The Sunday Times have an interview with Peter Capaldi tomorrow.

Here is a sneek peek

Comment

Has anyone noticed the fact that SFX has Doctor Who themed covers this month?
                            I got Strax on my copy.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Peter Capaldi - The Sunday Times interview

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...interview.html

UK newspaper The Sunday Times has included a "Galactic Exclusive" - an interview with the new Doctor, Peter Capaldi and a special photoshoot. Check out the highlights of the piece below and click on the images [at the link] for bigger versions.

On a romance with Clara: "There'll be no flirting, that's for sure. It's not what this Doctor is concerned with. It's quite a fun relationship but I did call and say, 'I want no Papa-Nicole moments.' There was a bit of tension with that at first, but I was absolutely adamant."

On The Doctor's costume: "I think it's quite a hard look. I always wanted him to be in black - I always just saw The Doctor in dark colours. Not tweed. Matt's a really young cool guy - he can wear anything, but I wanted to strip it back and be very stark."

On a costume that didn't make the grade: "The most ridiculous outfit, the one I loved, I looked like Count Arthur Strong with a real, old cardigan."

On the Cybermen, he says: "I'm trying to get the Mondasians back."

On the upcoming plots: "We still blow a lot of sh*t up. That's very important, but it's going to be a bit different from what we've seen over recent years. A bit more gravity. Some situations are a bit more sombre and I think there are more rooted dramatic scenes.... we have another level of drama, another tone. And the scenes are longer."

The interviewer also reveals that a special a signet ring has been constructed to hide Peter's own wedding ring.

The full interview can be read in The Sunday Times, available now - priced £2.50 from all good, and probably bad, newsagents.

Or it's here - http://becks28nz.tumblr.com/post/929...nday-telegraph Click on the pics to make them bigger.
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 27 July 2014, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Vid of the unveiling of the blue plaque for Verity Lambert at Riverside Studios by Waris Hussein.

Comment

Working...
                                X