X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Much like buses.
    Blah. Buses here tend to just not come at all (Pitry bitter and was almopst late for an exam because of a bus not showing up.)
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      Steven Moffat has won the 2008 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation - Short Form, for Blink.
      Yay it's the hatrick!

And Stardust for best movie, excellent.

Must read "The Yiddish Policeman's Union".....*sigh* Been intending to for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        I think Reefgirl may have meant that it's Number 3 for Moffat, having won the same award the previous two years for The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace...

(If she didn't, it's just nice to point that out anyway )
        Yes I did but it's nice to know it's his 3rd award this year too

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          Blah. Buses here tend to just not come at all (Pitry bitter and was almopst late for an exam because of a bus not showing up.)
          Start me not on the subject of buses!

Last Monday, due to the bus being full (OF OLD PEOPLE!!!!) I had to get a taxi into work.
          Nine quid that cost me.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Last Monday, due to the bus being full (OF OLD PEOPLE!!!!) I had to get a taxi into work.
            Nine quid that cost me.
            That's 'cos the old folks have got bus passes that let them travel for free anywhere in the country

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Must read "The Yiddish Policeman's Union".....*sigh* Been intending to for months.
              I'm readnig ti now. Well, sort of readnig it, in between exams and papers and, erm, haven't touched it for a couple of weeks. S'nice, so far.

Nine quid that cost me.
              *pats* poor thing. If it makes you feel any better, it took me 50 mintues today by bus what I could have walked in 40... *hates bus company. And the one big construction site that is called Jerusalem*
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                That's 'cos the old folks have got bus passes that let them travel for free anywhere in the country
                I know that.

I'm all for old folk getting out and about, just so long as it's not when I'm trying to get to work.

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                *pats* poor thing. If it makes you feel any better, it took me 50 mintues today by bus what I could have walked in 40... *hates bus company. And the one big construction site that is called Jerusalem*
                *scoffs* Hah!

It takes me 20mins to walk from my work to the nearest bus stop, I'll have you know.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I know that.

I'm all for old folk getting out and about, just so long as it's not when I'm trying to get to work.
                  I hear ya, it's the same for me

Comment

May as well put this up here.... There are rumblings of a possible Doctor Who movie from new show runner Steven Moffat himself

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7579332.stm
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I'm a little saddened that there'll never be an old or old-ish Doctor while SM is in charge. I do see the sense in what he said: if 30-something DT is tired out by the schedule and the sheer amount of running, most of the people on my wishlist would probably be considered unable to cope.

(And it wouldn't be Doctor Who without the running, so that wouldn't work as a way around the issue.)

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        I'm a little saddened that there'll never be an old or old-ish Doctor while SM is in charge. I do see the sense in what he said: if 30-something DT is tired out by the schedule and the sheer amount of running, most of the people on my wishlist would probably be considered unable to cope.

(And it wouldn't be Doctor Who without the running, so that wouldn't work as a way around the issue.)
                        *sigh* There goes my wish for a Bill Nighy Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          *sigh* There goes my wish for a Bill Nighy Doctor.
                          While I'm not that broken hearted about SM's comment, are you sure that you trust him?

RTD blatenly lied to fans multiple times, and SM did deny that he was up for RTD's job for a bit.

The comment may just be to throw people off the scent. If he said, "I only want older Doctors" or "The Doctor must always be under 30" fandom would come after him.

His comment is rather vague.

Just my thoughts.
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Bill Nighy would be SOO COOL but I have this perverse wish for the Jason Statham rumour to become fact. This is so weird but for some strange reason I am really, really warming up to that. Jason Statham is such an action star and the Doctor is like NO VIOLENCE PLZKTHNX. Just think of it. The Transporter as the Doctor....wearing some shades and an expensively made dark suit. Please tell me I am not weird for actually liking that idea.
                            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

If the companion is an asian woman, the TARDIS drag races, and the sonic screwdriver blows stuff up, then Statham is the perfect choice. Oh, and, of course, if the Doctor isn't required to actually act.
                              Sorry but, after Transporter 1, none of his starring movies have been... good.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                If the companion is an asian woman, the TARDIS drag races, and the sonic screwdriver blows stuff up, then Statham is the perfect choice. Oh, and, of course, if the Doctor isn't required to actually act.
                                Sorry but, after Transporter 1, none of his starring movies have been... good.
                                Obviously you haven't seen The Bank Job then.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X