X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Adventure in Space and Time Nominated for Critics' Choice Award

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/05...ce=twitterfeed

The drama detailing the creation of Doctor Who, An Adventure in Space and Time, has been nominated for three prestigious Critics’ Choice Television Awards.

The drama itself is nominated in the Best Movie category, where it faces competition from an episode of Sherlock as well as another BBC biopic, Burton and Taylor.

David Bradley, who played William Hartnell in the drama, is nominated for Best Actor in a Movie of Mini Series, while Jessica Raine, who played Doctor Who's first producer Verity Lambert, is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Movie or Mini Series.

The Critics’ Choice Television Awards honour programs and performances that aired between June 1, 2013 and May 31, and are voted for by US journalists who write about TV.

The Awards will be presented a tthe Beverly Hilton Hotel on Thursday, June 19, 2014 in a ceremony hosted by actor/comedian Cedric the Entertainer.

FULL NOMINATIONS

BEST MOVIE

An Adventure in Space and Time (BBC America)
    Burton and Taylor (BBC America)
    Killing Kennedy (National Geographic Channel)
    The Normal Heart (HBO)
    Sherlock: His Last Vow (PBS)
    The Trip to Bountiful (Lifetime)

BEST ACTOR IN A MOVIE OR MINI-SERIES

David Bradley, An Adventure in Space and Time (BBC America)
    Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock: His Last Vow (PBS)
    Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dancing on the Edge (Starz)
    Martin Freeman, Fargo (FX)
    Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart (HBO)
    Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo (FX)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOVIE OR MINI-SERIES

Amanda Abbington, Sherlock: His Last Vow (PBS)
    Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Coven (FX)
    Ellen Burstyn, Flowers in the Attic (Lifetime)
    Jessica Raine, An Adventure in Space and Time (BBC America)
    Julia Roberts, The Normal Heart (HBO)
    Allison Tolman, Fargo (FX)

Comment

Why is it that there is no real news to speak of for ages & then a load comes along all at once?

Foxes Talks Doctor Who

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b044bf7x

Foxes drops by with the exciting news that she'll be in the next series of Doctor Who! (Vid at the link)

Edit - I really can't be bothered to listen to all the breakfast show to find out what she says. If someone does listen to it, can they tell me what was said.
      Last edited by Blencathra; 30 May 2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        Director Rachel Talalay chats about Doctor Who series 8

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...r-who-series-8

With two episodes of Doctor Who series 8 to her name, Rachel Talalay has been talking about working on the show...

Having brought Tank Girl and Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare to the big screen in the 1990s, director Rachel Talalay has since continued to make her mark in television too. And it was revealed a few weeks back that she's directed two episodes in the upcoming Doctor Who series 8, starring Peter Capaldi.

Chatting to B*tch Magazine, she's been discussing her work on the show, and she's said that "every episode of Doctor Who is like a mini-feature and they're all completely different. They're massive. I'm so excited to get to work with the show".

She said that "I don’t approach it in terms of 'what am I bringing that’s different?’ I’m approaching it in terms of 'how the hell do you do this?!’ It’s so hard! It’s so big and so hard and so ambitious. When you’re working with a wonderful script, you just think, ‘How to I tell this story beautifully and blow away the audience?’".

Specifically addressing the debate surrounding the number of women involved on the writing and directing side of Doctor Who, Talalay also admitted that "I did joke around with Steven Moffat in our first meeting. Immediately there was press saying 'woman woman woman' and so I said 'it's clear if I read the internet that you hired me because I'm a woman'. And he said 'oh, you're a woman? Maybe I just looked at your resume and your reel and your credentials and hired you because of that'".

Talalay added that "I'm incredibly fortunate to have the experience in effects that a lot of women don't get. So I was able to put together a reel of special effects and action that most women don't have ... A lot of women who want to do the shows that I get on, there's just an assumption that they don't know how to do that stuff and they don't have it on their resume. So the marketplace is more likely to give that opportunity to a man".
        More from Talayay on the season finale.
        http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/two-par...es-8-63283.htm

Comment

Oh yes!! Great news!

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot to receive DVD outing

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/06...ce=twitterfeed

The "alternative" 50th Anniversary special for Doctor Who, The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot, is to receive an official release on DVD, its co-star Colin Baker revealed at the DWAS convention Myth Makers this afternoon. The actor reported that it would appear on an as-yet unscheduled special set featuring former Doctor Matt Smith.

No other details of what the overall set will comprise are available at present, though it is likely to be released both on DVD and Blu-ray format later this year.

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot tells the tale of the attempts of 'classic' Doctors Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Peter Davison (who also wrote and directed the piece) to appear in the 50th Anniversary adventure, and their various encounters and mishaps along the way!

Comment

I've been seeing some rumours about a possible trailer - here, here & here. Though it has to be said that the people on Gallifrey Base think it's all nonsense.

There is nothing official from the BBC, so take with a huge pinch of salt. I suppose it might be worth keeping your eyes peeled if you happen to have the telly on just before Casualty.
            I'm guessing there was no trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              I'm guessing there was no trailer?
              No, there wasn't.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I don't think we really expected one to be honest, did we? So it's just been the usual daft rumours. But I thought I'd better mention it, just in case. I would have felt guilty if there had been one & I'd known about it but not said anything.

Comment

Latest New Series story books

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....s-story-books/

Synopses for three brand new 12th Doctor novels due later this year.

Doctor Who: The Crawling Terror (12th Doctor novel)

Gabby Nichols is putting her son to bed when she hears her daughter cry out. ‘Mummy there’s a daddy longlegs in my room!’ Then the screaming starts…

Doctor Who: Silhouette (12th Doctor novel)

“Vastra and Strax and Jenny? Oh no, we don’t need to bother them. Trust me.” Marlowe Hapworth is found dead in his locked study…

Doctor Who: The Blood Cell (12th Doctor novel)

An asteroid in the furthest reaches of space – the most secure prison for the most dangerous of criminals. The Governor is responsible for the cruellest…

________

It's not clear if these are for adults or are kiddies books.

Comment

Latest New Series story books

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....s-story-books/

Synopses for three brand new 12th Doctor novels due later this year.

Doctor Who: The Crawling Terror (12th Doctor novel)

Gabby Nichols is putting her son to bed when she hears her daughter cry out. ‘Mummy there’s a daddy longlegs in my room!’ Then the screaming starts…

Doctor Who: Silhouette (12th Doctor novel)

“Vastra and Strax and Jenny? Oh no, we don’t need to bother them. Trust me.” Marlowe Hapworth is found dead in his locked study…

Doctor Who: The Blood Cell (12th Doctor novel)

An asteroid in the furthest reaches of space – the most secure prison for the most dangerous of criminals. The Governor is responsible for the cruellest…

________

It's not clear if these are for adults or are kiddies books.
                    Cool! And thanks! Doesn't matter if they are for adults or kiddies to me. As someone once said: "There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes".

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Oh yes!! Great news!

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot to receive DVD outing

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/06...ce=twitterfeed

The "alternative" 50th Anniversary special for Doctor Who, The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot, is to receive an official release on DVD, its co-star Colin Baker revealed at the DWAS convention Myth Makers this afternoon. The actor reported that it would appear on an as-yet unscheduled special set featuring former Doctor Matt Smith.

No other details of what the overall set will comprise are available at present, though it is likely to be released both on DVD and Blu-ray format later this year.

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot tells the tale of the attempts of 'classic' Doctors Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Peter Davison (who also wrote and directed the piece) to appear in the 50th Anniversary adventure, and their various encounters and mishaps along the way!
                      Woo Hoo! This DVD I will buy.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                        Woo Hoo! This DVD I will buy.
                        There is a little bit more news about that.

50th Anniversary Box Set Incoming

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/50th-an...ctor+Who+TV%29

News broke over the weekend that the 50th anniversary spoof The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot will finally be heading to DVD.

Colin Baker confirmed at the Myth Makers convention panel [via]. However, Baker said this would be part of a special 50th DVD set.

Further to this, a BBC DVD spokesperson has stated that Night, Day and Time of the Doctor are very likely to be included, though final confirmation of this is still pending. No mention of Name.

The release date is also still to be announced, though some of you will remember a “Collector’s Edition” of The Day of the Doctor was originally mooted for around summer time.

___

I don't care that I already have some of these, it will be worth buying again just to get my hands on the Five(ish Doctors)

Comment

There is a little bit more news about that.

50th Anniversary Box Set Incoming

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/50th-an...ctor+Who+TV%29

News broke over the weekend that the 50th anniversary spoof The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot will finally be heading to DVD.

Colin Baker confirmed at the Myth Makers convention panel [via]. However, Baker said this would be part of a special 50th DVD set.

Further to this, a BBC DVD spokesperson has stated that Night, Day and Time of the Doctor are very likely to be included, though final confirmation of this is still pending. No mention of Name.

The release date is also still to be announced, though some of you will remember a “Collector’s Edition” of The Day of the Doctor was originally mooted for around summer time.

___

I don't care that I already have some of these, it will be worth buying again just to get my hands on the Five(ish Doctors)
                          Definitely buying this. Soon as I see it up available for pre-order I will do it utterly and completely without hesitation.

Comment

Very glad I didn't actually buy Day or Time in that case (I actually have them both, plus AAISAT, on my Sky planner... still) as I'd much rather get them all together with Five(ish) Doctors Reboot and anything else they care to add.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Very glad I didn't actually buy Day or Time in that case (I actually have them both, plus AAISAT, on my Sky planner... still) as I'd much rather get them all together with Five(ish) Doctors Reboot and anything else they care to add.
                              This is the sort of thing I dislike about the money-grabbing media industry. Rush to get out the special (e.g. Day) and then months later re-publish with a huge swathe of other things making the first one nugatory.

Comment

Yeah. We should know better by now. I own several different copies of Spearhead, & similarly I've lost count of how many copies of The Lords of the Rings I own.

Comment

Working...
                                X