This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it gets better.

I've just noticed that the US version has interviews with Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman from BBCA's The Nerdist. Doesn't look like this is on the UK version.

I'm just giving myself a wee while to calm down & then I'm writing to complain about the whole thing.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

Edit - Complaint sent.
    Last edited by Blencathra; 27 July 2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Urgh. They're just asking for people to download all the extra material illegally. Why can't the TV execs understand that the best way to combat piracy is to offer the same material in all market with as short a delay as possible after release?
      sigpic

Comment

Moffat talks Valeyard, River’s Future & Closure

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-talk...ctor+Who+TV%29

io9 interviewed Steven Moffat and managed to get a few interesting bits and pieces from him.

Asked about the mention of the Valeyard in The Name of the Doctor and whether it was a hint of things to come: “Well, I couldn’t resist saying ‘The Valeyard,’ because we haven’t mentioned him in the new series. [Laughs] So I thought, ‘I’ll just put that one in.’

He added: “I never quite understood, in ‘Trial of a Time Lord,’ what he was meant to be. I never understood if he was a real Doctor, or [something else]. But in a story where we are hinting that the Doctor has a hidden chapter to his life, it was irresistible to mention the Valeyard. But you know, he’ll only ever get so dark, let’s be honest. He’s the Doctor. I think a man who worries about going bad is never really going to go bad. Maybe not…”

Moving on to River Song, Moffat says he’s “not quite sure” yet if she’ll be back: “I mean we can see her again because everything’s out of sequence and clearly the implication is that she’s met more than two Doctors. But the question is whether or not we should revisit her. It’ll now be story-driven. If we’ve got an idea that she fits into perfectly then there’s no reason why we can’t do it, but I quite liked where we got to at the end of ‘The Name of the Doctor,’ with him saying goodbye to her. So we’ll see.”

Moffat was also asked whether he thought he owed the fans some onscreen closure to some loose ends, such as the TARDIS explosion in Series 5 and the Silence: “Well, we are going to do it all. It’s going to end at Christmas. Yeah, [there will be closure]. But ‘owe them’? I don’t know about ‘owing.’ But yeah, there’s a plan, and we will end the Eleventh Doctor’s run with the answers to some of those questions.”

___

So from that we can gather that the Hurt Doctor isn't the Valeyard, that River will be in the 50th and we won't get to know who or what blew up the TARDIS

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Urgh. They're just asking for people to download all the extra material illegally. Why can't the TV execs understand that the best way to combat piracy is to offer the same material in all market with as short a delay as possible after release?
          Because they're out of touch, on massive salaries and have therefore decided they know what people want instead of asking them? That would be bad enough at most television corporations but the BBC is primarily funded directly by the viewing public paying their licence fee, not by advertisers or other sources of income, so you would expect them to be more in tune with that public.

However, since the licence fee is not something you can really opt out of unless you want to go without television entirely and the BBC has recently been in hot water over the ludicrous amounts of severance pay some of the higher-ups receive, I think it's expecting too much that they might see sense.

Sorry, rant over.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I feel very bitter about it.

BTW weren't we in this same situation last year, when the prequel to Asylum was only available on Amazon. com or itunes in the US, and we had to wait for somebody to illegally put it on Youtube before we could see it?

Comment

BBC issues statement on Comic-Con trailer availability

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/07...130120816.html

The BBC has issued a statement regarding the 50th Anniversary Episode trailer that was shown at San Diego Comic-Con on Sunday. Fans have been expressing their disappointment at not being able to watch the trailer online.

This was an exclusive Comic Con trailer made especially for the Doctor Who 50th panel, it has not been released in the US.

This world famous international event is an established platform used by all of the major producers. UK fans can look forward to exclusive content over the next few months.
              While Matt Smith was being interviewed on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Wednesday, Craig asked if fans who were not at Comic Con would be "mad" for not seeing the trailer. Matt apologised to fans saying, "Sorry to all of those who haven't seen the trailer".

_____

So basically the BBC are saying tough luck, and are leaving poor Matt Smith to apologise even though it had nothing to do with him. Nice one BBC.

Comment

I have just sent an email to complain to the BBC regarding the up and coming UK release of The Complete Series 7 boxset of Doctor Who regarding the exclusion of the 2011 Christmas Special The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe from the set and over the fact that America is getting it released a full month ahead of Britain.

To make your voices heard and express your dissatisfaction to the BBC and urge them to include 2011 special and bring forward of the UK release date use this email address: [email protected]

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Another interview with Jenna Coleman. I'm curious to know who this "massive team of us" is likely to be.

Jenna Coleman Talks Doctor Who 50th, Matt Smith’s Impending Departure

http://www.accesshollywood.com/jenna..._article_82401

Jenna Coleman said the upcoming “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special is going to be both celebratory and transformative.

“The whole episode is a massive celebration and it’s kind of about celebrating the last 50 years of ‘Doctor Who,’ with a massive team of us all thrown in there, but it’s quite a transformation episode and it very much changes the direction of where the show is going in quite a big way,” Jenna told Access Hollywood on Thursday in Beverly Hills.

Jenna and her Doctor – Matt Smith – have wrapped filming the episode, which features David Tennant, John Hurt and Billie Piper.

“It’s in the can and all the 3-D and effects and everything like that is taking place as we speak,” she told Access.

The last episode of Series 7 of “Doctor Who” introduced John as “The Doctor,” and Jenna continued to tease the mystery of how he fits into the fold.

“He is the Doctor that no one knew about. He is the Doctor that’s never talked about, not mentioned and of course were going to explore why and that stor,y and also see David’s Doctor and Matt’s Doctor and John’s Doctor – the three of them interacting, which is great,” she said.

As fans of the BBC America series know, Matt is leaving “Doctor Who,” and Jenna said she’s trying to enjoy their time together while she can.

“It’s kind of unimaginable for me at the moment, but as I say the new Doctor isn’t yet cast and my head is — we’re just having great fun together and enjoying the time we have left,” she said. “It’s a strange thing because I always knew he was gonna be leaving so it will be kind of bittersweet. But I think possibly there’s quite a bit of denial going on.”
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 28 July 2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

"How to build your own TARDIS" has made it to the BBC News website

Comment

I wish I had the money & space for a TARDIS. Another thing to add to my list of stuff I'll buy when I win the lottery.

Tweet this morning from DW Producer Marcus Wilson.

Okay Christmas. Here we go!

Comment

Big Finish had a Dalek Bargain weekend & are extending it through today. Five Dalek stories for only £5 each (or all five for £20).

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/released/special-offers

Comment

Hey if DT is coming back, well they could make it a family affair and have his wife co star as is daughter Jenny, and the kids too as her offspring from some adventure?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-you-...ctor-51945.htm
                            Moffats reasoning for Hurt Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              For me, the key phrase is the first half of "
                              Spoiler:
                              If you’re going to introduce a new Doctor from his past, it’s got to be a screen legend.
                              ". Is that hinting where he's taking the story for the special/Christmas? Notwithstanding the Moff lies, cheats and hoodwinks more than the Doctor does.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/barrowman-t...-off-52129.htm
                                Barrowman talks River Jack spinoff

Comment

Working...
                                X