This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Doctor likely be announced in August, according to sources

And a possible bit of exciting spoilery news that, if true, will be hard to avoid...

Spoiler:
    In other news another Doctor rumoured to be joining Tennant for 50th anniversary special - possibly Paul McGann

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...ing-to-sources

There are also signs that the new Doctor could be announced as early as next month.

Serious consideration is being given to unveiling the new Doctor on a surprise Doctor Who Confidential as happened with Matt Smith’s unveiling in 2010, with some sources confirming that it will be in August.

However timings are always a very relative thing when selecting Time Lords.

Spoiler:
    Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary show will feature one of the five former doctors who wielded the Sonic Screwdriver before the Eccleston reboot, RadioTimes.com understands.

According to sources, one of either Colin Baker, Paul McGann, Tom Baker, Sylvester McCoy or Peter Davison will be in the feature length special episode alongside Tennant’s Doctor and the current incumbent Matt Smith.

Tennant’s appearance as the tenth Doctor has been confirmed in the story which will also feature the Daleks and the classic 1975 shapeshifting villains the Zygons.

________

Pleeeaassee let it be Paul McGann. I have absolutely nothing against any of the other choices but I'm desperate for the eigth Doctor to appear in the TV series proper.

Last edited by Blencathra; 22 July 2013, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      I'm curious why you think it's bad.
      I just think it's a poor adaptation of an excellent comic book.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        New Doctor likely be announced in August, according to sources

And a possible bit of exciting spoilery news that, if true, will be hard to avoid...

Spoiler:
        In other news another Doctor rumoured to be joining Tennant for 50th anniversary special - possibly Paul McGann

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...ing-to-sources

There are also signs that the new Doctor could be announced as early as next month.

Serious consideration is being given to unveiling the new Doctor on a surprise Doctor Who Confidential as happened with Matt Smith’s unveiling in 2010, with some sources confirming that it will be in August.

However timings are always a very relative thing when selecting Time Lords.

Spoiler:
        Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary show will feature one of the five former doctors who wielded the Sonic Screwdriver before the Eccleston reboot, RadioTimes.com understands.

According to sources, one of either Colin Baker, Paul McGann, Tom Baker, Sylvester McCoy or Peter Davison will be in the feature length special episode alongside Tennant’s Doctor and the current incumbent Matt Smith.

Tennant’s appearance as the tenth Doctor has been confirmed in the story which will also feature the Daleks and the classic 1975 shapeshifting villains the Zygons.

________

Pleeeaassee let it be Paul McGann. I have absolutely nothing against any of the other choices but I'm desperate for the eigth Doctor to appear in the TV series proper.

Well it might help to explain how john Hurts Doctor fits in...

Comment

Doctor Who Confidential may be returning.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/355000
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Doctor Who Confidential may be returning.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/355000
            Excellent news if that is happening! It should never, ever have gone away in the first place!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I hope it's coming back for all episodes and not just a single special for the next Doctor announcement.

What harm would putting the Doctor Who 50th trailer up on a BBC website do now?

By Mark Jefferies, Deputy Showbiz and TV Editor at the Daily Mirror.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...website-do-now

I bet there are BBC bosses wish they could time travel.

The decision to show the first trailer for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary film in San Diego at Comic Con has gone done very badly with UK Whovians.

They are furious Americans got the first look. And now fans are seemingly getting madder and madder by the hour as the BBC refuse to let us see it.

I'm sure some wish they could change things and the order of events. But Steven Moffat's decision to show the new clip of Doctor Who has been made for a number of reasons.

The main one is Doctor Who and BBC's current obsession with cracking America. They hope with a bit more effort, big ratings will be secured and millions of pounds in merchandise for BBC Worldwide will be sold as they travel into the future. In terms of profit, America is still a huge untapped universe for the Timelord. Matt Smith has been over to the States a number of times promoting Doctor Who and building the audience. They even filmed 2011 episode The Impossible Astronaut in Utah with Matt wearing a Stetson.

And whilst us Brits struggle to get interviews with the cast, Jenna Louise Coleman was chatting to small podcasts and fan sites on her trip to the US in February 2013 to help attract more Sci fi fans to the latest series.

Another way of securing more viewers, interest and headlines in the States is to create a frenzy at Comic Con. Showing an unseen clip of Doctor Who will do that. Especially when it is one of the most anticipated episodes EVER.

I do have some sympathy with UK fans wanting to now see it. I am one of them. Our licence fee makes the show. And what harm would it do putting it up on a BBC website now? Comic Con have had their exclusive.

From what I am told and have read it was a brief clip, not a proper trailer, and the BBC want their first trailer of the film to be a more polished and slick affair.

They are also promising that UK fans will get lots of treats about the anniversary in the coming weeks and months. One member of production told me I just "have to be patient". So I expect them to rush something out soonish to calm the current fury.

Ultimately though, all those people most angry will still watch the feature-length episode when it comes out.

And if the Comic Con stunt attracts a few more Americans to get hooked on Who, they'll probably think it was worth all the hassle.

Comment

I don't get it I read the article but why will the 50th anniversary thing be controversial?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  I don't get it I read the article but why will the 50th anniversary thing be controversial?
                  the whole
                  Spoiler:
                  is John Hurt a Doctor or not
                  thing
                  the fact there aren't more previous Doctors and/or how they include any that are there (if any)
                  potentially some ret-conning or Who origins
                  (actually the list is probably near endless)

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                    the whole
                    Spoiler:
                    is John Hurt a Doctor or not
                    thing
                    the fact there aren't more previous Doctors and/or how they include any that are there (if any)
                    potentially some ret-conning or Who origins
                    (actually the list is probably near endless)
                    Well in that sense I kind of agree. Why tamper with past continuity to shoehorn something new and "cool" in.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine 463

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/07...azine-463.html

The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine, released Thursday, looks back ten years, to the time when it had just been announced that Doctor Who was to return, and asks, was the series nearly stopped before it could begin?

In the first part of a look back at how and why Doctor Who was recommissioned back in 2003, the magazine talks to the people who ensured its successful comeback, including the then BBC Controller of Drama Commissioning Jane Tranter, writer Russell T Davies and BBC Wales' Head of Drama Julie Gardner who tells the magazine
                      When Michael Grade arrived back at the BBC as Chairman, Mark Thompson was back as Director General. Michael Grade didn't like Doctor Who at all. Mark Thompson actually asked me if we could stop. I said, no, we couldn't!
                      Also in this issue.
                      • Doctor Who’s showrunner and head writer Steven Moffat presents the three pieces that he wrote for the actors that have auditioned for the role of the Twelfth Doctor.
                      • Doctor Who author Bob Baker looks back on his career in an interview and speaks of his most famous contribution to the Doctor Who universe: K9, the Doctor’s robotic dog.
                      • As we await the announcement of the new star of Doctor Who, journalist Claire Budd and novelist Una McCormack go head-to-head to debate the burning question: Is it time for the Doctor to become a Woman?
                      • Arriving in the far future, the Fourth Doctor, Harry and Sarah discover that the last survivors of mankind are about to face the deadly, parasitic Wirrn! The Fact of Fiction looks back to one of Doctor Who's all-time great adventures – The Ark In Space – and reveals some surprising new facts.
                      • It’s 2010, and the dawn of a new era as Matt Smith makes his début as the Eleventh Doctor. The show may have a new leading man and a new style, but it’s still Doctor Who in the latest instalment of the ongoing cruise through Doctor Who history in Countdown to 50.
                      • The Time Team take a trip to pre-war England as Chris, Emma, Michael and Will settle down to watch the two-part Tenth Doctor story Human Nature/ The Family of Blood and find that the formidable Family of Blood and their sinister Scarecrow servants are following the Doctor’s trail.
                      • Clara’s lunch date with the legendary pilot, Amy Johnson has been rudely interrupted by two identical copies of themselves… made from sand! Meanwhile, the Doctor is having trouble with his own doppelganger, and the real enemy is about to make its entrance. The latest comic strip adventure A Wing and a Prayer – written by Scott Gray with art by Mike Collins – continues.
                      • Change is an essential part of Doctor Who and has allowed the series to constantly reinvent and reinvigorate itself for 50 years. And, as Jacquline Rayner tells in this issue’s Relative Dimensions, this means that the series can be a useful tool when teaching children that nothing lasts forever.
                      • Jon Pertwee is the Doctor, as former Doctor Who Script Editor Andrew Cartmel reviews the new Blu-ray release of the Third Doctor's classic 1970 début adventure Spearhead in Space
                      • The Watcher takes a look at Doctor Who episode titles in A History of Doctor Who in 100 Objects, and discovers that the names of colours have become a recent trend

Plus All the latest official news, TV and merchandise reviews, previews, competitions and a prize-winning crossword

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/will-ten-el...long-51937.htm
                        Will the two Doctors get along??

Comment

I have this mental image of them complimenting each others hair.
                          sigpic

Comment

I see this happening

Ten: Oh a bow tie, Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant
                            Eleven: you should see the Fez
                            Ten: WHAT?
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Hmm... I'm beginning to think they should've put Donna in place of Rose.

That would be so much more fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Donna and Eleven meeting... I would donate a kidney to see that.

Not one of my own, obviously, but stil...
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X