X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/interview-d...-off-50341.htm
    Interview with Dan Starkey

Comment

The work of Paul Hanley there. Cracking stuff.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        The work of Paul Hanley there. Cracking stuff.
        Yep. I know.

It's an excellent random picture but there's 13 Docs there... Including the Valeyard..

Anyone know what that thing is behind them?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Just scenery as far as I can tell. Some crystal planet somewhere.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Ohh! Possible announcement about the new Doctor tomorrow?

Tweets from Declan May, screenwriter, scriptwriter. Treat with usual amount of scepticism until proven otherwise.

Spoiler:

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22813229
              It would seem that Her Majesty (UK queen) is a spoiler-phobe.
              (shhhh.... or not actually a Doctor Who fan):
              In an interview post meeting Queenie, JLC said she was the only person all day who hadn't asked who the next Doctor will be.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/barrowman-o...oing-50357.htm
                Barrowman on Matt leaving

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/coleman-has...r-is-50365.htm
                Coleman has no idea who next Doctor will be

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/arthur-darv...ctor-50372.htm
                Arthur Darvill wants older Doctor

Comment

Story similar to tweets I posted above. We'll see tomorrow if these stories are true, I suppose.

TV News: BBC To Announce New DOCTOR WHO Already?! With 3 Candidates...

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-...ews-doctor-who

It seems the succession might be rather more rapid than anyone anticipated.

Sources have indicated that a Sunday newspaper is intending to scoop the BBC by announcing the name of the new Doctor this weekend. And in order to pre-empt the scoop, the BBC look set to announce the name tomorrow evening, just a single short week since the announcement of Matt Smith’s departure, and hardly time enough for that bombshell of a news story to sink in.

The name of the actor in question is still a mystery (as is the gender...), although the source indicated that a photo shoot with the lucky new TARDIS tenant has already been completed. One thing we do know is, early contender Ben Daniels is definitely not in the frame.

Here at Starburst, we have no idea how true this story is, but the next 24 hours look sure to be interesting for those following developments on Twitter...

[UPDATE]

Starburst's sources have now come up with three names, apparently the front-runners in the bidding to be the new Doctor. Whether it's one of these three that has in fact been chosen to play the part, we cannot be sure. We can't really be sure that these three are in the running at all - but that's what we've been told! One thing that's guaranteed, however, is that this new "information" will get people talking!

Spoiler:

The three names are: Domhnall Gleeson, Daniel Kaluuya, and Dominic Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Story similar to tweets I posted above. We'll see tomorrow if these stories are true, I suppose.

TV News: BBC To Announce New DOCTOR WHO Already?! With 3 Candidates...

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-...ews-doctor-who

It seems the succession might be rather more rapid than anyone anticipated.

[UPDATE]

Starburst's sources have now come up with three names, apparently the front-runners in the bidding to be the new Doctor. Whether it's one of these three that has in fact been chosen to play the part, we cannot be sure. We can't really be sure that these three are in the running at all - but that's what we've been told! One thing that's guaranteed, however, is that this new "information" will get people talking!

Spoiler:

Well, out of those three names (if they are to be believed) I'd favour either
                    Spoiler:
                    Dominic Cooper
                    or
                    Spoiler:
                    Domhnall Gleeson.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ah... now I fancy

Spoiler:
                      Domhnall Gleeson (ginger at last!) or Daniel Kaluuya,

But I have to say if it is one of them I'm slightly disappointed that they haven't gone for someone older. Only slightly though.

Comment

Ah... now I fancy

Spoiler:
                        Domhnall Gleeson (ginger at last!) or Daniel Kaluuya,

But I have to say if it is one of them I'm slightly disappointed that they haven't gone for someone older. Only slightly though.
                        That's why I went with my choices. I feel that at 24,
                        Spoiler:
                        Kaluuya
                        is pushing the youthfulness of the Doctor too much. At least the other two at 30 and 35 have some age to them.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

[UPDATE]

Spoiler:

I'll be disappointed if it's 1 or 3, because their established film careers to me suggest they won't stay long.

Comment

Everybody can stand down. Tweet from Doctor Who Publicist Jenni Pain.

For all those wondering, there is no #doctorwho announcement planned today
                            Edit - and from the BBC

@bbcdoctorwho fans, contrary to rumours there is no #DoctorWho casting announcement today.
                            It's going to be a long wait....
                            Last edited by Blencathra; 08 June 2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Everybody can stand down. Tweet from Doctor Who Publicist Jenni Pain.

Edit - and from the BBC

It's going to be a long wait....
                              Certainly is. I'm being mentally tortured by all the scary names being thrown about to be the next Doctor. Whilst I'd much rather have had this put to rest today, I'd much rather them get it right above all else.

Comment

No announcement?

Oh good, I can go out and not worry I'm missing something important then.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X