Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but David Tennants hair is always silly. ITs what the world needs in times like these, Silly Hair !!!
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

So did you watch it, I was working so I'm going to have to video it at some point

Comment

intersting
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm reading the book at the moment, nothing to write home about I must admit, the BBC film with Sean Bean and Joely Richardson was, interesting, to say the least

Comment

Not sure if I'd watch it. Lady Chatterley's Lover was not one of Lawrence's bright spots. Probably better off watching Sons and Lovers.
            But I did watch the so-so Blackpool for David Tennant so I may look in on it.

I can see what people mean by the hair though... where did the Brylcreem get to?
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Doctor Who is nominated for 3 Hugo Awards (Wiki) by the World Science Fiction Society (WSFS). The winner will be announced in September at the World SciFi Convention (LA).

The 3 stories will air this April on SciFi
              (SciFi Schedulebot)
              * Dalek - Episode 6
              * Father's Day - Episode 8
              * The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances - Episode 9/10

http://www.emcit.com/hugo_section.php?nom.htm
              BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION: SHORT FORM (261 ballots cast)

*Battlestar Galactica "Pegasus" Written, Anne Cofell Saunders. Directed, Michael Rymer. (NBC Universal/British Sky Broadcasting)

*Doctor Who "Dalek" Written, Robert Shearman. Directed, Joe Ahearne. (BBC Wales/BBC1)

*Doctor Who "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances" Written, Steven Moffat. Directed, James Hawes. (BBC Wales/BBC1)

*Doctor Who "Father's Day" Written, Paul Cornell. Directed, Joe Ahearne. (BBC Wales/BBC1)

*Jack-Jack Attack Written & Directed, Brad Bird. (Walt Disney Pictures/Pixar Animation)

*Lucas Back in Anger Written, Phil Raines and Ian Sorensen. Directed, Phil Raines. (Reductio Ad Absurdum Productions)

*Prix Victor Hugo Awards Ceremony (Opening Speech and Framing Sequences). Written and performed, Paul McAuley and Kim Newman. Directed, Mike & Debby Moir. (Interaction Events)

Comment

That's very good. I hope TEC wins, myself. Hopefully, too, this will encourage fans of BSG and SG to check it out - after all if four of the thirteen episodes are better (according to Hugo) than nineteen of the twenty BSG eps, then surely the show rocks, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                  That's very good. I hope TEC wins, myself.
                  I hope so too, that episode was soooo creepy, but fantastic, and heres hoping the BSG and SG1 fans will see this and check it out
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I would like TEC to win but im also in favour of Dalek to win aswell since that episode is brilliant also. Plus it has Osiris in it !!!

Comment

I think TEC/TDD should win, but even if none of them do, what fun for FOUR eps to get nominations!

Madeleine

Comment

Its funny because Doctor Who has got loads of awards in the UK and is now swiftly aiming to conquer the US aswell. All I can say is more awards means more publicity meaning more money and a bigger budget. Perhaps in future they may be able to double the number of eps per season to 26. Wouldn't that be exciting !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          Its funny because Doctor Who has got loads of awards in the UK and is now swiftly aiming to conquer the US aswell. All I can say is more awards means more publicity meaning more money and a bigger budget. Perhaps in future they may be able to double the number of eps per season to 26. Wouldn't that be exciting !!!!!
                          Right now, there's only two cast members, so 26 45-minute episodes is out of the question.

Comment

Ah but thats why I said in the future.....

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                              Ah but thats why I said in the future.....
                              How many companions do you think they are going to have simultaneously?

We've seen three companions in the classic series.

All indications I've seen is that RTD is going in the direction of character development and focusing on a smaller crew.

I'm curious. Have you seen indications to the contrary?

Comment

Mickey makes 2 plus they could have another companion making 3. I mean come on there are many other TV series where there is a main cast of 4 people take My Name Is Earl for example that has 22 episodes per season and is set to run for 7 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X