X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First DW clip.

Damn Moon!

And 4 new pics from the Christmas Special.
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/2012-christ...-pic-41827.htm

Comment

And we've just had the trailer.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ooooo, looks good!

Doctor Who: The Snowmen!

Evil Snowmen... Could be interesting.
        Nice to see Vastra, her assistant and Strax again.
        Think Strax may be used more for comedy though...

Comment

interesting snowmen!
          sigpic

Comment

I think its hilarious that all of the comments for the trailer is people saying "She's not playing the same character?!"

*facepalm*
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

EVIL SNOW MEN!! AHHHH!! lol
              I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
              traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see the Krynoids again........ OMG awesomeness... I mean they were in the classic story "seeds of death" but you hardly saw them when they were on top of the house...

I hope they do them justice with good effects.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  I can't wait to see the Krynoids again........ OMG awesomeness... I mean they were in the classic story "seeds of death" but you hardly saw them when they were on top of the house...

I hope they do them justice with good effects.
                  The Krynoids aren't in it.

He says "Still trying to work out a way to shoehorn the Krynoids in. Might yet happen."

If anything, it's a joke.
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 17 November 2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

The TARDIS: Every School Should Have One!

http://www.kasterborous.com/2012/11/...ould-have-one/

Just think how cool it would’ve been to have a TARDIS at your school. Geography and history would particularly benefit, as would P.E., what with all the running, and Art, making a still life drawing of a beheaded Cyberman…

And, of course, opening up a universe of possibilities in Creative Writing.

The lucky schools in Southport have grouped together to commission their very own TARDIS replica, based on the original 1960s model with the St. John’s Ambulance sign on the door.

Nick Sheeran, Doctor Who fan and headmaster at Birkdale Primary School, convinced the Southport Learning Partnership that a TARDIS would enhance the childrens’ lives, and, after getting approval of the BBC and Scotland Yard, it’s finally materialised!

Each signed-up school in the area gets the replica for a week, with some employing the use of the famous ‘vworp’-ing sound effect, plus Dalek and Cybermen suits. Aside from sparking the imagination – as the kids write about their week in the presence of alien tech – it’s also helping the children explore all of time and space and relative dimension (probably) by enlisting actors and teachers to pose as a range of historical figures from Henry VIII to Howard Carter.

It’s also garnering lots of public interest, as Nick Sheeran explains:

It is fantastic that schools can work together like this. Doctor Who is a hot potato again as it’s back on our screens. The TARDIS has a ‘wow’ factor. The pupils were really thrilled to have it, but so have the staff and parents who could not believe what they were seeing.
                    In the New Year, the TARDIS will reside mainly at Birkdale Primary School, but will still be used by other educational institutions for their own projects.

It’s a lovely idea, and I’m sure the kids will always remember and be grateful for this amazing experience.

Comment

Steven Moffat and Matt Smith on the Doctor Who Christmas Special

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...istmas-Special

Look… It’s the Christmas Special… Starring Matt Smith as the Doctor and introducing Jenna-Louise Coleman as Clara, his new companion, this year’s Christmas Special is called The Snowmen and follows their adventures as they battle the villainous Doctor Simeon (Richard E Grant) and his army of sinister snowmen.

It promises to be a movie-scale episode and aside from Clara’s debut and the return of Strax, Vastra and Jenny, The Snowmen introduces a new look for the Doctor and a new monster that will have families shivering behind their sofas. You can check out shots from the special in a new gallery - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p0118s2g

Steven Moffat, Lead Writer and Executive Producer, said, ‘The Doctor at Christmas is one of my favourite things - but this year it's different. He's lost Amy and Rory to the Weeping Angels, and he's not in a good place: in fact, he's Scrooge. He's withdrawn from the world and no longer cares what happens to it. So when all of humanity hangs in the balance, can anyone persuade a tired and heartbroken Doctor that it's time to return to the good fight? Enter Jenna-Louise Coleman…’

Matt Smith, who plays the Doctor, commented, ‘For this year’s Christmas Special we have the wonderfully villainous Richard E Grant as Doctor Simeon. As well as lizards, Victorian assassins and deranged warriors from the future all return to convince the Doctor that he should board the TARDIS again and save the world. Add to that Jenna-Louise Coleman and so begins the Christmas Special, 2012. I hope everyone enjoys it!’

Comment

More on the above story
                        http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-doct...wmen-41896.htm

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-snowmen...wn-41892.htm/2
                          Christmas trailer breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            The Krynoids aren't in it.

He says "Still trying to work out a way to shoehorn the Krynoids in. Might yet happen."

If anything, it's a joke.

The Krynoids deserve their own story....... I would love to see them back.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Overnight Ratings for The Great Detective

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/11...detective.html

The Great Detective, the prequel to the Doctor Who Christmas Episode, shown as part of the BBC's Children in Need programme, was watched by 6.3 million viewers, according to unofficial overnight viewing figures.

The trail for the upcoming episode, The Snowman, which aired an hour later, was watched by 8.6 million viewers, out-rating Coronation Street on ITV1.

Comment

Boxing Day debut for The Snowmen in Australia

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/11...112185011.html

The Snowmen, will make its Australian debut on Boxing Day, Wednesday 26 December 2012 at 7.30pm on ABC1.

The previous two Christmas specials, A Christmas Carol and The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, also debuted in Australia on Boxing Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X