Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd prefer that the role of the Doctor remain male. Just personal preference for the character.

Race is totally irrelevant though IMO. I seem to recall that Paterson Joseph was in the running to be the Eleventh Doctor at one point, so obviously race doesn't matter to the producers either.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Incidentally, some past interesting casting what-ifs:
      • Valentine Dyall was considered for the role of the Second Doctor. He would later go on to play the Black Guardian
      • actors who auditioned for the Eighth Doctor included Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean!), Liam Cunningham (Tate from Outcasts), Mark McGann (Paul's brother), Eric Idle (of Monty Python!), Peter Woodward (Galen from the B5-verse), and Anthony Stewart Head
      • Hugh Grant (yes, THAT Hugh Grant) has said he regrets turning down the offer to star as the Ninth Doctor
      • Bill Nighy has also been rumoured to have been offered the role of the Ninth Doctor
      • Robert Carlyle was considered a frontrunner as the Eleventh Doctor for a while
      • as I said above, Paterson Joseph was being seriously considered at some point
      • Benedict Cumberbatch was offered the role of the Eleventh Doctor as well. He turned it down, and has since been cast in the title role of Moffat's other runaway freight train hit--Sherlock
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Hehe yeah for one season it could be fun, or even a few episodes.... Someone did a poster of this with Jason Stratham as The Doctor in a car chase using the TARDIS while hanging out the door shooting at the bad guys.
        The image is too big to post, so I'll just post the link.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
          It's just going too far,I wouldn't want to see a black Superman or a black Doctor, I also wouldn't want to see a white Power Man or a white Storm. I don't like race swapping just to prove how liberal they are.
          That was unnecessarily racist of you.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

That term doesn't phase me in the least.
            sigpic
            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              The image is too big to post, so I'll just post the link.
              I love that poster
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

iplayer 2011 Figures

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/01...1-figures.html

Doctor Who finished as the 7th most accessed programme on the BBC iPlayer for December 2011 and the 5th most accessed programme in Christmas Week, according to figures released by the BBC.

The Christmas Special, The Doctor The Widow and the Wardrobe, was accessed 0.85 million times in the last seven days of the year following its broadcast on Christmas Day. The top requested programme of December was the Top Gear India Special, which had 1.32 million requests. Frozen Planet and the Christmas episodes of EastEnders also scored highly along with Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow.

The BBC iPlayer hit record levels in 2011, with 1.94 billion requests across all platforms during the year. Doctor Who: The Impossible Astronaut finished as the 3rd most requested programme of the year, with 1.93 million requesting the episode at some point. Top of the list was Episode 1 of the David Attenborough Natural History series Frozen Planet, To the Ends of the Earth, which had 2.42 million requesting it. Second was Episode 2 of the comedy series Come Fly With Me.

Each episode of the 2011 series of Doctor Who finished in the top 50 for the year, with Torchwood: Miracle Day - The New World just scraping in at number 50.

As a brand Doctor Who had over 25 million requests during the year. The top brand was EastEnders with 114 million requests, albeit spread over many more episodes. Top Gear had 29.6 million requests and The Chris Moyles Show had 26.3 million requests.

For Doctor Who, the episodes in 2011 accounted for 18.9 million requests with the previous year accounting for another 3.8 million requests. Doctor Who Confidential Series 6 accounted for 1.1 million requests.

The first Matt Smith episode, The Eleventh Hour, remains as the most accessed programme ever on iPlayer with over 2.62 million requesting it since its transmission. Frozen Planet: Episode 1 is now the 2nd most requested programme and The Impossible Astronaut is currently the eleventh most accessed programme.

Spoiler:

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/early-serie...onds-30095.htm
                  Early exit for the Ponds?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Just as I speculated several posts back. If that is indeed the way Mr. Moffat is doing it then I'm all for it. Having companions leave and join whenever during a series is a far more interesting idea.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Karen was on the Graham Norton show and said she would be leaving the show and it sounded like it's for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Karen was on the Graham Norton show and said she would be leaving the show and it sounded like it's for good.
                        She's being saying this for quite some time now. I don't think she wants to come back doesn't want to keep coming back in the same way Billie Piper did throughout Series 30. When she is gone, she is gone. If, however, Amy left in a condition that is alive she could come back for a 55th anniversary story but you just never know with Doctor Who. I imagine people never expected to see the Macra again after their appearance in 1967 story The Macra Terror but there they were again in 2007's Gridlock.

As I say...you never know with Doctor Who.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          She's being saying this for quite some time now. I don't think she wants to come back doesn't want to keep coming back in the same way Billie Piper did throughout Series 30. When she is gone, she is gone. If, however, Amy left in a condition that is alive she could come back for a 55th anniversary story but you just never know with Doctor Who. I imagine people never expected to see the Macra again after their appearance in 1967 story The Macra Terror but there they were again in 2007's Gridlock.

I've never once got that impression

Though I'd agree, I've had the same vibe that she doesn't want to overstay her welcome by repeatedly cropping up later.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I've never once got that impression

Though I'd agree, I've had the same vibe that she doesn't want to overstay her welcome by repeatedly cropping up later.
                            Ah. My apologies. That was a line I was supposed to take out. The post was meant to read like this:

She's being saying this for quite some time now. I don't think she wants to keep coming back in the same way Billie Piper did throughout Series 30. When she is gone, she is gone. If, however, Amy left in a condition that is alive she could come back for a 55th anniversary story but you just never know with Doctor Who. I imagine people never expected to see the Macra again after their appearance in 1967 story The Macra Terror but there they were again in 2007's Gridlock.

Comment

Were the Macra just like they were in Gridlock? The Doctor said they became an advanced race or such. They didn't look that advanced to me.

Comment

They weren't always, they used to have a vast galactic empire but in 'Gridlock' the Tenth Doctor says something about the Macra "falling into evolutionary decline".
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X