http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...rmed-28163.htm
      Massive news!!!
      Doctor Who movie could be on the cards!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Massive news!!!
        Why do I have a bad feeling in my gut right now?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

The Variety story that they lifted that from

Sounds like nonsense to me. I'm not interested in a non-canon film. I wouldn't waste the gas on the drive to the theater, much less two hours of my life.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Massive news!!!
            No. No. No.

Hollywood had better keep it's horrible sticky paws off my Who.

Comment

David Yates is English, so is Jane Tranter. And they're talking about BBC Worldwide, not an American studio.

That said, it's still a load of nonsense
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Indeed. I'm not happy with what I read there. From the sounds of things this movie (IF it is going ahead) is going to be a completely seperate entity to the TV show just as the 1960's Peter Cushing movies were which, lets be honest, were just an excuse to put the Daleks up on the big screen in colour. If it is going to be a seperate entity from the TV show...what's the damned point???? Surely fans going to see a Doctor Who movie would want to see recognisable elements from the TV show such as the actors? I certainly know I would like to see the current TV cast of Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, and Arthur Darvill back reprising their roles. If in 1998 the first movie for The X-Files was released WITHOUT David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson playing Mulder and Scully I wouldn't want to know.

If this Doctor Who movie does go ahead and is a reboot just as the 2009 Star Trek movie was and has someone playing the Doctor that hasn't been on TV before I don't want to know.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  David Yates is English, so is Jane Tranter. And they're talking about BBC Worldwide, not an American studio.

That said, it's still a load of nonsense
                  Well... whoever.

I sincerely hope you are right.

Comment

i think we can relax a bit.

This tweeted from Doctor Who Magazine. They usually know what's going on.

Comment

While I was checking out DWM Twitter I noticed they had the cover of the Christmas edition.

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, big sigh of relief on the movie front, though a small corner of my mind wondered if somebody was testing the waters for an official announcement, perhaps related to the 50th anniversary, but upon seeing the largely horrified reaction of the fandom quickly quashed it and laughed it off as 'rumours' .
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Indeed. I'm not happy with what I read there. From the sounds of things this movie (IF it is going ahead) is going to be a completely seperate entity to the TV show just as the 1960's Peter Cushing movies were which, lets be honest, were just an excuse to put the Daleks up on the big screen in colour. If it is going to be a seperate entity from the TV show...what's the damned point???? Surely fans going to see a Doctor Who movie would want to see recognisable elements from the TV show such as the actors? I certainly know I would like to see the current TV cast of Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, and Arthur Darvill back reprising their roles. If in 1998 the first movie for The X-Files was released WITHOUT David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson playing Mulder and Scully I wouldn't want to know.

If this Doctor Who movie does go ahead and is a reboot just as the 2009 Star Trek movie was and has someone playing the Doctor that hasn't been on TV before I don't want to know.

Well if it ever did happen with the propter TV actors they'd have to serious it up just a little. The comedy we see in the TV show just wouldn't cut it for me on the big screen. Plus it would have to be a very good story to make me want to part with my money.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well, big sigh of relief on the movie front, though a small corner of my mind wondered if somebody was testing the waters for an official announcement, perhaps related to the 50th anniversary, but upon seeing the largely horrified reaction of the fandom quickly quashed it and laughed it off as 'rumours' .
                            I think a movie could be cool if done right, as I said in my other post. But DW fans can be worse then Star Trek fans sometimes.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

That did briefly cross my mind as well.

BTW how much are we betting that John Barrowman has already contacted his agent about it?

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                                DVD Review: Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Years

Read more: http://blogcritics.org/video/article...#ixzz1dhPbE4g6

26 dics!!

clickety!
                                26 "dics"? *snicker*

Massive news!!!
                                That's it. I'm going to kill myself. Horrible news.

EDIT: Just seen the replies above. The cyanide capsule goes away for another day.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X