This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The beeb never ceases to amaze me with how well they respond to emails and complaints. You never get that kind of service from companies over here.
    Isn't that the truth? Here, companies just completely ignore customers/the public. Petitions, letters, emails - all do absolutely no good whatsoever.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      The beeb never ceases to amaze me with how well they respond to emails and complaints. You never get that kind of service from companies over here.
      Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Isn't that the truth? Here, companies just completely ignore customers/the public. Petitions, letters, emails - all do absolutely no good whatsoever.
      I suppose it helps that the prime source of funding for the BBC is the television license rather than companies paying for advertising as is the case with others, so they tend to listen a bit more closely to the ones who actually pay them.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

The axing of DWC is, IMO, a very bad idea.

I for one like to watch the show and see how a particular effect was achieved, or maybe see the first table reading or a new script or whatever.

But it's the younger members of the audience I feel sorry for. They watch an episode of DWC and they realise that Doctor Who doesn't appear on their TV screens "as if by magic".
        A lot of people work bloody hard for nine or ten months out of the year to make the thirteen episodes (well fourteen counting the Christmas special) of Doctor Who we see each year.
        It's doing them a great disservice by not aknowledging them.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I'm more interested in what the cast do behind the scenes. The most recent one was great because it showed Matt Smith very interested in taking care of the kids between takes (such as singing to them), Matt and James Corden filming their own little scenes with a toy Dalek and using a crack in a wall.

That's what makes it so fun. We get the interview moments with the writers, producers and so on, we get to see stuff filmed live on location and then we get the actors just fooling around. It's unlike any behind the scenes series being done. It's hard to believe the BBC can't afford one guy to go around set and record stuff, especially when half the time it's done by the actors.
          Last edited by SaberBlade; 29 September 2011, 04:05 AM.

sigpic

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-on-r...nale-26908.htm
            Moffat on the finale and confirming most questions will be answered...

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              It's hard to believe the BBC can't afford one guy to go around set and record stuff, especially when half the time it's done by the actors.
              Then professionally edited, music added (with a huge range, much more so than most shows, all requiring licensing), titles and graphics, etc.

Comment

Two Clips from The Wedding of River Song

I'm flailing around like a complete idiot!! Just 24 hours to go guys!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

See, now I'm torn. On the one hand I can't wait for tomorrow to see the episode, on the other once I do, that's it until the Christmas special.
                  sigpic
                  Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

You know, we've learned that there is a question, but even after tomorrow's episode we probably won't learn what the actual question is.
                    sigpic
                    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Two Clips from The Wedding of River Song

I'm flailing around like a complete idiot!! Just 24 hours to go guys!!!

Spoiler:
                      Thought we might be seeing Dorium like that...
                      Looks good!

Comment

Those clips look awesome
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Lol, a reminder for Doctor Who finale just popped up on my phone that i dont remember setting...
                          I dont need a reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops
                            I've just seen Closing Time

My thoughts

I thought the episode was good, not great, it was just the setup for the final act with River and eyepatch lady..... That was the best part of the episode. Everything else was filler..

Yes there was the great lines "I'm so old" and all but that's how I feel. For me the last act was the best.
                            Why aren't you making these comments on the actual episode thread for Closing Time? That is a far better and far more appropriate place for them.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Why aren't you making these comments on the actual episode thread for Closing Time? That is a far better and far more appropriate place for them.
                              Yeah I realised that and did do that..... oops
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Yeah I realised that and did do that..... oops
                                Okay. All sorted now then.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X