Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw man...I was actually hoping she'd be leaving and we'd get new companions for Series 7! The character of Amy Pond is starting to grate as far as I'm concerned.

As for the rest of the news: I like the new trailer, not massively keen on Captain Jack pitching up in the anniversary special but would like to see a brief meeting between him and Eleven, and the Vastra/Jenny idea - would definitely like to see them return for a full episode actually revolving around them, but not quite so sure they'd work in a spin-off though.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

If Vastra and Jenny return for a spin off series (note that I said IF), I've a feeling that something will be worked into the plot so that Vastra has some gadget/gizmo/technological thingamajig that'll give her the appearance of a human.

Given that it takes several hours for the Silurian make up to be applied to Neve Macintosh, and the quick turnaround of a regular series.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I'm well happy that Amy's staying <3
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I sincerely hope that Rory is too.

The new trailer looks fabulous!! I'm so looking forward to this!!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            If Vastra and Jenny return for a spin off series (note that I said IF), I've a feeling that something will be worked into the plot so that Vastra has some gadget/gizmo/technological thingamajig that'll give her the appearance of a human.

Given that it takes several hours for the Silurian make up to be applied to Neve Macintosh, and the quick turnaround of a regular series.
            In The End of Time, Part One, the Vinvocci were seen using "Shimmers" to hide their alien appearances. I'm sure something like that would be used for Vastra should a spin-off show featuring her went ahead. It'd be a massive release for Neve if she didn't have to go through make-up over the course of filming for 9-months.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

They could alter her make-up somehow to make it less time consuming to put on before every shoot, or just paint her green and CGI in the effects after. There's got to be an easier way.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Nice new promo picture (can someone tell me how to embed photos?)
                http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...date-23360.htm
                The Doctor has a new jacket...
                Last edited by Teddybrown; 25 July 2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Nice new promo picture (can someone tell me how to embed photos?)
                  http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...date-23360.htm
                  The Doctor has a new jacket...
                  Lovin' that coat.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The same colour as one of Pertwee's no less! I love it

sigpic

Comment

The Doctor (and Companion) Dance:

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

LOL.

Episode Ten Details

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...isode-ten.html

Writer Tom MacRae spoke to the Northampton Chronicle about his forthcoming episode for Doctor Who, which has now been named by the BBC in a recent roundup on their Doctor Who website.

The episode is to be called

Spoiler:
                        The Girl Who Waited

says MacRae:

Spoiler:
                        I went down onto the set quite a lot and it was great to see it filmed. It’s a real tear-jerker of an episode and it’s very much focused on Karen. Her acting in it is amazing. I know she’ll break the viewers’ hearts in two when they watch it, it’s so emotional.

MacRae hails from Northamptonshire, like the current Doctor Matt Smith:

It’s wonderful writing for Matt, he’s such a fantastic actor and a genuinely lovely guy. He’s about the same age as me, we’re from the same town and we’ve got a lot of friends in common, so it was great to work with him. And as The Doctor, I admire him so much. I’m a huge fan of what he’s done on the show, I would say he’s 'my Doctor'.

Comment

Hmmm... Sounds intriguing...
                          sigpic

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/gillan-reve...lain-22988.htm

The new villain is called a Tesselectar

Also, http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/more-on-the...ited-23565.htm
                            Bit more info on Episode 10 and a villain.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/macraes-the...ints-23521.htm
                            Some more cryptic clues on Episode 10

Comment

I'm so beyond excited. I've been missing Doctor Who like no other show I have missed before! I look greatly forward to its return and I thank each person who posts news often. (Especially you "three" Teddy, Alan, and Blen. )

Comment

*wriggles toes in embarrassment* Thank you RT!

Matt Smith explains why Doctor Who’s darkest hour is yet to come

http://io9.com/5825695/matt-smith-ex...is-yet-to-come

A not too spoilery interview with Matt. (Video of the interview is at the link above)

Spoiler:

When we first meet River Song, back in the David Tennant era, she says to the Doctor, "This is the youngest I've ever seen you." Do you feel like your Doctor is when he becomes old for her?

Well, maybe. It's always hard to define the River-Doctor scenario, isn't it, becuase obviously they're meeting at different points in their timestreams, so it's like they're sort of romantic ships that pass in the night. Perhaps. She knows my Doctor both a huge amount and very little, depending on when we meet her.

But people have noticed that if you watch your first few episodes and then your most recent episodes, you're playing the Doctor very differently now. It's evolved.

I really hope so. I hope there's an evolution. I'm not sure what it is. And I think next year it will evolve to something else as well, because I think that's one of the great liberations of the part. That pleases me, actually. Because I hope he's developing, as I develop with the role.

Do you think the Doctor's been humbled by what happened at Demons Run, making such a terrible mistake?

I actually think one of the Doctor's great attributes is humility. It's also the one thing that he forgets to have sometimes, when [a mistake] really pops him over the head, it reminds him of it. So yeah, I definitely think he has been humbled. There's that scene where Pond sort of looks at him, and he comes back, and he wants to say that he's sorry. Just after the battle, when he comes back into Demons Run. And she just shakes her head at him. And he goes and sees Christina Chong's character [Lorna Bucket] and she dies on the floor.

The Doctor's been sort of a con artist. Telling people, "Oh, I've done all this stuff. You should run away from me now." And somebody finally kind of —

— pulls him up on it. That's what's really interesting, actually. Me and Karen have been talking about it. What's really interesting about this Doctor is he lies a lot. Rule one: the Doctor lies. River is always saying that.

He says, "I lie, but I do it for good reasons."

Yeah, yeah, and the greater good. But it's interesting, because we could all say that. It says something about him, I think. Something very interesting.

Twilight is all about a werewolf who meets a little baby and is like, "I'm going to marry it when I grow up."

I haven't seen Twilight.

So do you think it's weird that the Doctor's doing that? Meeting a baby and being like, "this is my future love interest"?

But he didn't know that. He didn't know that the baby was his future love interest. That's the bit. He found out in the future that the person he knew was the baby of someone else he knows. And then happened to realize that in future, they fall in love. And lest we forget, she could be in love with Doctor Number 25, married somewhere. That's probably how it is. Because you know, she's from his past. That's how it is. So [laughs] it's more complicated that Twilight, I gotta say.

So it's not creepy. It's not like getting engaged to the baby or whatever.

We don't know if he goes and marries River Song. But the fact is that Melody Pond, which is her baby, grew up to become River Song. The Doctor didn't know.

We know now that the Doctor knows that he's going to be killed in the future. How does that affect what the Doctor does, going forward?

It affects everything. But I can't tell you how, because I'd have to kill you. And I don't want to kill you.

What are you most excited about coming up? Without any spoilers...

Yeah, "Let's Kill Hitler"'s a belter. Alex Kingston, it's her episode. She's just phenomenal in it. She's really great, honestly. It's got some great scifi moments in it, and really funny moments, and Steven [Moffat] is on fire. Mark Gatiss has written a great episode about these really creepy dolls. Toby [Whithouse]'s episode about a minotaur is sort of like The Shining, it's really odd and peculiar. And Karen's remarkable in episode ten, I think it's the performance of the series. She's so good in it. And then [episode] 12, Craig Owens is back, "The Lodger" part two, and Cybermen and stuff. And then [episode] 13 is Steven on fine form, delivering the finale as only he can.

Comment

Working...
                                X