Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they're starting work on This is Gallifrey/Vale Dacem next and are looking for more volunteers. Try messaging socksofbalhoon on Youtube if you're serious about joining!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Doctor Who adventures arrive on Facebook
      Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The BBC are to make a number of classic and new Doctor Who stories available to watch via their Facebook page. The stories, which includes (the as-yet unreleased on DVD) The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, will be 'rentable' for 48 hours from the page using Facebook's proprietry credit system.

As well as the Seventh Doctor's clownish encounter above, the initial offering includes a monochrome cyber-adventure for the Second Doctor in Tomb of the Cybermen, Sontaran shenanigans for the Third Doctor in The Time Warrior, a trip to Paris for the Fourth Doctor in City of Death, the Fifth and Sixth Doctors' encounters with the Cybermen in Earthshock and Attack of the Cybermen, and revived series stories such as the Ninth Doctor taking Rose to the future in The End of the World, and the Tenth Doctor's first meeting with River Song in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.

BBC Worldwide's Chief Executive John Smith said:
      As we have grown internationally, we've seen through our Facebook channel that fans who are loving the new series are asking for a guide into our rich Doctor Who back catalogue. Our approach to Facebook and other leading edge platforms is to be right there alongside them in fostering innovation. We see this service as a perfect way to give our fans what they want, as well as a great way for them to get their fix between now and the autumn when Series Six continues.

Facebook's Director of Platform Partnerships Christian Hernandez said:
      Millions of people engage with their favourite TV shows on Facebook every day and we're now seeing broadcasters look at innovative ways to use Facebook tools to connect their fans with exclusive content. Through its Facebook page, BBC Worldwide is giving Doctor Who fans a quick and easy way to access these iconic episodes.

The stories will be accessible via the BBC's application on Facebook, and may be viewed by users from Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...dventures.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who BBC Worldwide's biggest-selling TV show internationally

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-bbc-worldwide

Doctor Who was BBC Worldwide's biggest-selling TV show internationally last year and, along with brands including Top Gear, Lonely Planet, the international version of Strictly Come Dancing and BBC Earth, helped earn more than £300m in revenue.

The exploitation of everything from TV programmes to live events, DVDs and magazines for the five BBC power brands raked in £308.1m in revenue for BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, in the year to the end of March.

The top five individual TV series sold internationally by BBC Worldwide in the year to the end of March were Doctor Who series five, the debut series of Sherlock, the 15th and 16th series of Top Gear, and Human Planet.

The Doctor Who franchise made the biggest value leap last year with revenue climbing 49%, thanks to significant growth in the US. BBC Worldwide has seen a 45% increase in DVD and download-to-own sales, with Doctor Who the third-biggest seller in the US iTunes chart behind Mad Men and Glee.

Sales also increased in Europe, moving the revenue mix to 50% from outside the UK. In the previous year 70% of revenues had come from sales of Doctor Who DVDs and merchandise in its home market.

More at the link above.

Comment

Filming Wraps on Doctor Who Series 6

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/filming-wra...es-6-22783.htm

Filming on Doctor Who Series 6 was completed on Monday and the official website has written a spoiler-free report of the final scenes to be shot. Here are some choice cuts:

Spoiler:

Let’s Kill Hitler director Richard Senior was shooting back in Wales.

Matt Smith, Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan were all part of the scene/s
          “We’re here, the TARDIS is here and it all looks amazing! It’s a brilliant way to spend the day,” said Karen Gillan.

Matt checks out one of the specially created props and laughs. “I love this!” he declares.

The scenes form one of the most memorable sequences of the current series – a mixture of drama, humour and action.

It’s summed up by Karen Gillan, ‘It’s quite sad to be saying goodbye to the boys…But we’ll be re-united again very soon!’

In addition on twitter, the BBC said one scene was “all about one of the main character’s feet…”

Also, “Two characters hit the deck – hard!”

The Dalek Invasion of Earth 2011

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-dalek-i...2011-22829.htm

The Daleks invaded earth once again yesterday, but this time they were only interested in promoting the Doctor Who Experience, rather than exterminating all of mankind.

The iconic scene from classic 1964 Doctor Who story, The Dalek Invasion of Earth, was recreating using four generations of Daleks from the 1960′s to the present day.

Spoiler:

TARDIS materialises at Caernarfon Castle

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...alises-at.html

In what seems to be turning into a regular trip to the historic castles of Wales, this week sees the TARDIS materialise at the gate of Caernarfon Castle in North Wales. The police box prop stands prominently in the Queen's Gate and will be there until 27th July.

Previously, the police box appeared at Raglan Castle back in February, and also turned up on the battlements of Caerphilly Castle during December 2009 as part of promotional activities by the Welsh historic environment service CADW.

Spoiler:

Comment

Monster designed by little girl goes on show at DW Experience

To be honest I'm not why this is just hitting the news now. I went to the Doctor Who Experience in London two weeks ago and this thing was there then.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Ricky Gervais has filmed a scene for his new comedy, Life's Too Short, that will feature a TARDIS and Daleks.

On the news page of his website, it is revealed that he has filmed a "little something for sci-fi nerds everywhere".

The blog post also contains photos of Gervais posing with a TARDIS and two Daleks. No other information has been revealed as yet. Guest stars in Life's Too Short include Sting, Johnny Depp and Steve Carell. It is not known if Matt Smith will guest star as himself or the Doctor in the scene

Ricky Gervais is no stranger to the world of Doctor Who. In the 2007 Christmas Special and series finale of his sitcom, Extras, he filmed a short Doctor Who parody with David Tennant as the Doctor, and himself as the slug monster called Schlong.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...s-is-next.html

sigpic

Comment

As long as Ricky "I'm-so-funny-I'm-not-funny" Gervais goes nowhere near Doctor Who in the future, I'll be happy.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  As long as Ricky "I'm-so-funny-I'm-not-funny" Gervais goes nowhere near Doctor Who in the future, I'll be happy.
                  Amen to that!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Absolutely agreed. I'd prefer him to stay away from it (and everything else) now, but I'll settle for him doing nothing else Who related after this.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I like Ricky. *hides in bushes*

sigpic

Comment

And the same applies to Matt Lucas and David Walliams.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

And the same applies to Matt Lucas and David Walliams.
                          Have you ever seen this:

Or this:

Comment

Didn't I hear that David Walliams was appearing in one of the upcoming episodes of the rest of the series?

sigpic

Comment

The Doctor visits Elysium
                              Saturday, July 16, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Visitors to the special Doctor Who immersive theatre experience, The Crash of the Elysium, got a surprise yesterday when the Doctor himself popped in to see them!

A fan of the organisers Punchdrunk since seeing one of their shows in New York, Matt Smith wanted to see the current production based around Doctor Who that has been taking place at the Manchester International Festival this month; normally, videos of the Doctor appear during the show, but producers arranged for him to appear in character yesterday instead of the final video, much to the delight of the 6-12 year old audience.

Commenting on the project, he said:
                              Punchdrunk and Doctor Who! A Marriage made in creative space heaven. It's been a privilege to work with Punchdrunk to put children at the heart of a Doctor Who adventure. I've always watched Punchdrunk shows and marvelled at their inventiveness and individuality. Put that together with Doctor Who and there is a wonderful template to tell unique stories in unique ways. The Doctor would definitely approve.

The final performance of The Crash of Elysium is today.

Link to the original article that also features photos of Matt Smith is here : http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...s-elysium.html

Comment

I agree. I've ever seen the appeal in his shows, [never] thought he was funny and am pretty sure he's credited as writing one of the worst (in my opinion) episodes of The Simpsons. If I had the option of watching him, or being the guy who got a pencil in the eye during The Dark Knight, I'd have to seriously think about which would be the better option.

You know something is really wrong when Americans don't understand British humour, but somehow love this guy. If he shows up in Doctor Who, hopefully it's as a Headless Monk, who'll never speak, [never] have his face (in a box somewhere) shown or "help" with a script in any way.
                                Last edited by SaberBlade; 17 July 2011, 08:31 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X