The Doctor, ∞.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Matt Smith & Karen Gillian at HMV Oxford for DVD Signing
      HMV London, 150 Oxford Street W1
      Monday 8th November
      1pm - 3pm

On Monday 8th November, fans of Doctor Who will get a chance to meet Matt Smith (The Doctor) and Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) in person when they sign copies of Doctor Who The Complete Series Five DVD Box set at HMV’s flagship store on Oxford Street in London’s West End.

Matt and Karen will be at the store from 1pm to meet fans and sign copies of the DVD box set which is released the same day priced at £69.99 for DVD and £79.99 for Blu ray.

The highly collectable specially packaged six disc boxset will be available in stunning lenticular packaging, as well as a numbered limited edition Boxset making it the perfect gift for Christmas. The DVD also features some fantastic extras including exclusively filmed scenes giving you an insight to what has happened in the TARDIS between episodes, as well as a Matt Smith video diary, Doctor Who Confidentials for each episode and the Monster Diaries from each volume.

Fans can pick up free wristbands at HMV which allow entry to the signing. 300 wristbands will be available only from HMV London from 9.00am on Monday 8th November onwards. One wristband per customer maximum, in person only, while stocks last, subject to availability, at participating store only.

The Complete Fifth Series is released on 8th November 2010, priced £69.99.
      Compare Prices for this DVD on CompareTheDalek.com.

Source: http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/news/D...-5-dvd-signing
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

The BBC have released a pic of the lenticular packaging for the Complete Season Five boxset

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/...0475624a_o.gif
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 September 2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: Oversized on Kb.:)

Comment

Oh, now that is nice.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            The BBC have released a pic of the lenticular packaging for the Complete Season Five boxset

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/...0475624a_o.gif
            Damn, that's nice. I got to see if I can get down to 20kb for an avatar.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 September 2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: tags chaged.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

[image]
              That's really cool!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Too bad North America wasn't getting a cover as cool as that!

Comment

Is it me or is there a Stargate behind them?

Comment

That is really awesome! Although the way the pic moves back and forth is a bit hypnotizing.

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                    Is it me or is there a Stargate behind them?
                    I think it's just you. It looks like a cave to me.
                    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                      I think it's just you. It looks like a cave to me.
                      It's probably the time vortex. http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/news/i...promo-2-xl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                        No, it isn't, and neither is that in the picture you posted.

They are both just generic wormhole effects.
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Actually that wormhole is likely to be the time vortex, just not the canon one. It's the "sexed up version" of the vortex, as someone called it, made for the 3D movie theater trailer.
                          Last edited by Osiristi; 12 September 2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Three cast in new 'Doctor Who'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/...octor-who.html

Three actors have been confirmed for guest roles in the upcoming sixth series of Doctor Who.

Spoiler:
                            The site for talent agency Alphabet Kidz reports that child actor Jamie Oram has been cast as Harry in the fourth episode. Oram has previously appeared in a number of commercials, but the part of Harry will be his first role in television drama.

Actor Daniel Mays will also appear in the episode as Harry's father. Mays is known for his role as Jim Keats on Ashes To Ashes and will appear in forthcoming BBC sci-fi drama Outcasts.

Harry's mother will be played by Emma Cunniffe, who has previously featured in episodes of The Bill and Casualty and appeared alongside former Who star Christopher Eccleston in the 2002 show Flesh and Blood.

A casting call on Spotlight describes the character of Harry as "a troubled young boy who has a nervous disposition".

Production on the episode - apparently titled 'What Are Little Boys Made Of?' - is currently ongoing in Cardiff.

Comment

One last thing... Matt Smith
                              Knock knock. Who's there? Doctor Who's Matt Smith, that's who – talking tracksuits, tweed and toothbrushes with Rich Pelley
                              Rich Pelley, The Guardian, Saturday 18 September 2010

Hi, Matt. Doctor Who is off on tour (1). Does his sonic screwdriver double as an electric toothbrush?

Of course. He just lasers over his teeth and he's good to go.

The tour is nationwide. Is it safe to leave the TARDIS in town centre car parks or will it end up smelling of wee and full of cards for "exotic massages"?

No one can get in. You could drive the Welsh rugby team at it (2). It's been in far more precarious locations.

You need to pull out all the stops to take Doctor Who Live, so presumably it'll be a musical, on ice. How does a Dalek put on an ice-skate?

Doctor Who on ice! But would we want to hear a Dalek sing? The great thing is that the monsters from the whole history of Doctor Who will be within touching distance.

Daleks never used to be able to go upstairs. Now they can. Seems unfair.

They sort of went upstairs, just with a really bad edit. At least now they don't have to live in bungalows.

Your Doctor wears a bow tie and a tweed jacket. Weren't you tempted to go for something more casual – like a tracksuit?

A tracksuit would have looked rubbish. I wanted it to feel professorial.

The Doctor never managed to snog any of his assistants until recently. Why the sudden interest in Earth girl tongue?

Steven Moffat (3) has an inventive mind. Amy wanted to snog the Doctor, not vice versa. This particular Doctor is a bit, "Woooh. Girls." It's fun to kiss the hot assistant once.

When you and Benedict Cumberbatch (4) go on holiday, who gets top bunk: him for having the world's daftest surname, or you for the most common?

He's a mate of mine, Ben. It's a cool surname, Cumberbatch. I'm happy with bottom bunk. It's cosier. If I have to get up for a wee, I won't wake him.

Eleven Doctors walk into a bar. David Tennant orders a pint of Tennent's. Sylvester McCoy, packet of McCoy's. Patrick Troughton, pint of Broughton. Jon Pertwee goes for a wee. Tom and Colin Baker are barred: troublemakers. Paul McGann sneaks in a can. William Hartnell sits on a bar stool. Christopher Eccleston is off his head again. Davison, Peter, pint of wife-beater (5). What are you having?

That's a canny question. Matt Smith has a pint of orange and a kiss with a girl with a quiff (6) (7)!

In the original draft of Back To The Future, Marty McFly has a time-travelling fridge, handy for keeping his beers cold. Fancy part-exchanging the TARDIS for a time-travelling washing machine?

But I've got a washing machine in the TARDIS that's as big as a house (8)!

Torchwood lacks the manliness of Doctor Who, doesn't it?

John's (9) quite manly, isn't he? I don't watch Torchwood but I'm sure John sprinkles it with magic and colour.

Thanks, Matt. People say Doctor Who made them hide behind the sofa, yet most people have their sofas pushed against the wall. Eh?

On what research have we got that most people have their sofas pushed against the wall?

You can be the bench test.

Er, yes, I do. Although when I stay in Cardiff, I don't. So when I watch Doctor Who, it's perfect for hiding behind.

Doctor Who Live tours the UK from 8 Oct to 7 Nov

1 Cast members appear on a screen

2 Doctor Who is filmed in Cardiff

3 Head writer and exec producer

4 BBC's Sherlock Holmes

5 Stella

6 La Roux?

7 Except aren't you dating model Daisy Lowe, Matt?

8 Check the label. Tweed is dry clean only

9 Barrowman

Original article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...ing-matt-smith

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

'Doctor Who: Adventure Games' to return
                                Monday, September 20 2010, 5:40am EDT
                                By Matthew Reynolds, Gaming Editor

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games will return for a second series.

The BBC has announced another set of episodes for 2011 after the success of the current series, which has so far achieved downloads of 1.6 million.

It will once again be developed by Sumo Digital and produced by Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis and Anwen Aspden.

The canonical episodes, which will be written by established Doctor Who writers, will also feature the likenesses and voices of Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.

"Given the success of the first series, we'd be daft not to recommission," said head of multiplatform Simon Nelson.

"But it's not just about the numbers; the feedback we've had has been overwhelmingly positive. Our audience has been introduced to a new form of drama - and, for many, these have been the first computer games they have downloaded.

"We've set new standards in audience participation - and we think we've really helped push the concept of families actively playing together. I can't wait to see what the team does next."

BBC Wales Interactive executive producer Anwen Aspen added: "The audience reaction to the first series has been incredible, but we want to outdo the first series in every way.

"We want to take players on journeys which will bring the show to life like never before, and once again offer outstanding interactive drama to fans of all ages."

The fourth and final episode in the current series, which will be released later this year, will feature an original new world from showrunner Steven Moffat.

The episodes will continue to be free downloads for UK licence fee payers.

Original article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/s7/...to-return.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X