This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    I didn't think that was considered part of the official canon?

If it is, I stand corrected.

[EDIT: I just re-read the original question. As it was stated, my answer was incomplete, thus I do stand corrected. Good catch. Thanks.]
    Your Welcome BTW yes i live in the states and i havent seen any Doctor Who episodes except the Children In Need mini adventure.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

I wasn't aware that was connon either.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by orii7
        Your Welcome BTW yes i live in the states and i havent seen any Doctor Who episodes except the Children In Need mini adventure.
        You only saw the Children in Need mini and you still were able to field that question?

I guess it must have really piqued your interest.

Comment

Will the new seris follow the books and give the master a new set of generations?

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
            Will the new seris follow the books and give the master a
            new set of generations?

Like I always say.....Ya never know besides i think that the people who played as the Master were better than the person who played as the master in the Doctor Who movie and if they got a guy who didnt look like the old Masters then i would be upset.

Spoiler:

Comment

Yep they need to give him a mustash and gotee.

Comment

About "dimensions in time" from what I have learned it IS canon, but many fans decided that in their perception of Doctor Who, it was not, but I dont believe that it has ever been officially stated whether or not it is.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                  Yep a knife was waiting for someone, another question when the master took over teela father he got a bread and gotee... When he took over the guy in the movie he started to decomposed, anyone else wonder why the difference?
                  When he took over the Keeper's body he had access to the power of the Traken Source, which had to have helped. Also, the movie was made by different people and Dr Who continuity is frankly a little rocky at the best of times.

As far as canon goes, it's all a little flakey due to that ropey continuity. To date, Russell T. seems to be counting the movie (David Tennant is the 10th Doctor) but discounting most of what was in the books; in the BBC books it wasn't the Daleks - or even the Doctor - who destroyed Gallifrey, so far as I understand it.

The rumours of the Master's return were sparked by the fact that Tony Head's role was originally just named as 'The Headmaster'. Turns out he's just playing a headmaster and now has a name which isn't Master in a different language (a fave Master trick).

The Master was interesting because he was a shadow of the Doctor and, in a lot of ways, he was closer to the Doctor than any of his companions - with the possible exception of Romana - could ever be.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    When he took over the Keeper's body he had access to the power of the Traken Source, which had to have helped. Also, the movie was made by different people and Dr Who continuity is frankly a little rocky at the best of times.
                    And I always thought Doctor Who's continuity was rock solid.

As far as canon goes, it's all a little flakey due to that ropey continuity. To date, Russell T. seems to be counting the movie (David Tennant is the 10th Doctor) but discounting most of what was in the books; in the BBC books it wasn't the Daleks - or even the Doctor - who destroyed Gallifrey, so far as I understand it.
                    Well, yes, but I think eventually, it will somehow be explained that Gallifrey comes back into existence only to be destroyed by the Daleks. Remember...in Doctor Who there are no conflicts...just really convoluted history.

The rumours of the Master's return were sparked by the fact that Tony Head's role was originally just named as 'The Headmaster'. Turns out he's just playing a headmaster and now has a name which isn't Master in a different language (a fave Master trick).
                    Yeah, then I heard a rumor that this incident exposed the actual plan to bring back the Master. Personally, I treat that rumor lightly, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. I honestly think his character can wait.

The Master was interesting because he was a shadow of the Doctor and, in a lot of ways, he was closer to the Doctor than any of his companions - with the possible exception of Romana - could ever be.
                    Or maybe Susan...depending on who she really is.

I had took the time to write a really long post, discussing continuity, but the forum hiccuped, and I can't remember everthing I wrote.

In any case, it seems like Russell T. Davies is paying very close attention to the canon of the original series, even introducing untelevised ideas from earlier creative teams. It's cool that he respects the previous contributors and has taken the lead from them at times.

Comment

I'm gald he is too, otherwise we who grewup on the classic seris would be having a hard time.

Comment

Well unless the tardis gets a stomach upset i dont think he will be returning.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

ON HIM! You know it got an upset stomach!

Comment

true but unless we enter paralell universe where the Master wasnt eaten or something like that he shouldn't come back.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I remember that there are badguys who seem like they will never come back and then.....they did with or without explaining how that bad guy servived or came back.

So The Master might be one of those baddys that come back just when u thought of every possible way of him not comeing back.

So i suggest that we be prepaired to see him unexpectedly

Spoiler:

Comment

He problly came out somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X